Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-29-2017, 08:30 PM   #43
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamarosThree View Post
I've had plenty of tickets over the years. 93 in a 55 may be a BS ticket to you, but it's not to me.
Besides, this thread in not about bs tickets. It's about, or at least it should be, accountability. The OP admits to the speed he was cited for.
The consequences associated with the violation should be proportional to the seriousness of the violation and should serve to influence behavior in the future. I don't believe they should be minimized.
I guess everyone has their own way of looking at things. I would look at minimizing the damage from a ticket the same way I would look at collecting insurance money for an accident that was my fault. I wouldn't tell the insurance company to not pay me anything so they can teach me a valuable lesson & influence my behavior in the future.

Last edited by Oldfart; 04-29-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:33 PM   #44
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
I got hit with 76 in a 45 in Virginia of all places. This is usually Jail and a misdemeanor...got the best lawyers money could buy..charges were dropeed to speeding 10 over paid like $90 for the ticket.

Now I got radar detector(Redline) and ALP laser jammers... Illegal but only a $50 "fix it ticket" which dont have points to it well worth it.

HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend lawyering up well worth it.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:25 PM   #45
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamarosThree View Post
Why would you not just accept responsibility for your actions, plead guilty, and deal with the consequences? Pleading not guilty to a violation you readily admit to as being guilty doesn't make sense to me.
We're not talking about chopping down a cherry tree or cheating on an algebra exam here. While I am as big a fan of personal accountability and mea culpa as the next guy, the issuance and collection of traffic fines in our nation has become a business, so why shouldn't mitigating your losses be a business negotiation? The municipality is making an accusation and has a burden to prove their case. Make them do it.

I mean, let me ask you a question here. If YOU had been written this ticket (and spare me the retort about how you drive the speed limit and wouldn't find yourself in this position, it's a hypothetical) and you were presented with two choices:

1. Hire an attorney for $1200, who successfully negotiates a plea deal for reducing the criminality of this ticket to an infraction which may be expunged by a trip to traffic school, plus a fine of let's say...$350... or

2. A guilty plea resulting in a conviction of "criminal" speeding (still not sure what this means in the context of Arizona, but ok) resulting in a $600 fine and a point against your driving record for...some period of time resulting in an economic hit on your insurance rates.

Which would YOU choose? Honestly.

And how can you view scenario #1, in which you are out of pocket close to $2k and a Saturday afternoon in traffic school by the time it's all said and done...how can that be seen as somehow weaseling out of sanctions or accountability?

Local governments see all of this as a economic exchange with definable thresholds for "winning" or "losing". You should too.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:38 PM   #46
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
This song has been in my head all evening:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o41A91X5pns
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:43 AM   #47
masoch

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I'm going to chime in here, having dealt with a 93 in a 65 myself, and reinforce what most everybody else has been saying. Get the attorney.

Oh and delete your earlier post about what you think you might be guilty for. Remember that you have a Constitutional right in being "innocent until proven guilty" and selling that short with a careless statement on the internet(or ANYWHERE else for that matter) will do you no good.

I'm sure you know this but I'm still going to say it: your insurance company does not give a fig whether you are a standup guy or not, your rates will skyrocket regardless and you will have to explain on some job applications why you have a misdemeanor.

Good luck figuring this out!
masoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #48
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
I've done a lot worse with more charges in one day. Just plea guilty and ask for diversion.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:44 AM   #49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Some interesting info here....looks pretty standard....attorney is not required, but recommended....etc....

http://www.dmv.org/az-arizona/traffi...-penalties.php

Confusing part is the Plea down....He wasn't going fast enough to make it above a misdemeanor....but he can remove points from record, but still have the misdemeanor...It looks to me like he can do school, but still be stuck with misdemeanor, which if he wants that part removed, he should get an attorney. His speed was very high, near the 96 threshold...probably why the first judge would not let him plea it down at the first hearing with no attorney....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:18 PM   #50
CamarosThree

Drives: 2010 SSRS 97 Camaro SS 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
You were the tattle tale in 5th grade that everyone picked on, weren't you?
Appreciate the very mature response.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:54 PM   #51
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Dammit I hate these threads! Always some damn goody two shoes with the fkn rant about you should be crucified and held accountable blah blah blah, You should sell your Camaro, you should not exceed the speed limit.
The guy is not asking for compassion or a shoulder to cry on nor does he needs or gives 2 cents about some of your opinions! If you are not going to advise him of what he is asking for keep your 2 bit goody too shoes comments and opinions to yourselves. I pray to God some of you on here don't ever need a break or have a close family member need advice or a break for something relatively minor. I hope they get the book thrown at them for you guys in particular posting these comments.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:01 PM   #52
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

btw I got a 93 in a 60 2 years ago in my buddy's Zr1 C6 when we swapped cars for the week (my 672 hp ctsv wagon). I kissed ass (I10 in Katy Tx) and was given the 93 in a 60 and he said he was giving me a break! I hired an atty (Kubosh) and they put it off for almost a year and I set it for trial and the cop didn't show = dismissal!

Play your cards op and hope for the best. If you are going to go down damn it go down swinging at least lol. I play in Mexico Texas all the time and have been far far guilty of way more than 93 in a 55 lol. I damn near got caught on Ft Bend toll road in Mexico running (and beat) a procharged c7 stingray I looked down ad was at 187 lol. Exited and got ghost.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:10 PM   #53
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Dammit I hate these threads! Always some damn goody two shoes
Two shoes, two shoes, goody goody two shoes
Old 04-30-2017, 01:16 PM   #54
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Two shoes, two shoes, goody goody two shoes
lmfao adam ant!
Old 04-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #55
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
lmfao adam ant!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o41A91X5pns
Old 05-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #56
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
Thanks for all the good advice. Some of it anyway. I really don't see how and why a prosecuting attorney in a small town in Arizona is going to find my post and hold it against me. Really how many Arizonans get tickets in small towns outside of Phoenix. Plus unless you read the ticket and know that a 2016 Camaro is a Gen6 and some of the Gen6 Camaro owners belong to an internet blog Camaro6. And how do they prove that was me and who would spend the resource for that? It's not like I worked with the Russians to get elected! Here is the problem with America, your are only guilty if you can't hire a lawyer. In my case the only way to plea down is to threaten a trail. That's the not guilty plea. I don't mind facing the music, I deserve a ticket, but I don't deserve a criminal record for it. People plead down DUIs, my case is just a little over the legal limit and for that I should have a criminal record that will never be off my record because that's how Arizona does it? Everyone speeds in Arizona, everyone. My car, our cars are just made to handle the speed in a safe way. Those are you trying to shame me.It didn't work!
2016 2SS Garnet Red 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Black Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, Corvette Z51 Black Wheels, Black Front Fascia, aFe / PFADT Suspension Lowering Springs, Black High Rise Rear Spoiler. High flow headers, E85, Roto-Fab Cold Air, MSD Atomic AirForce Intake. aFe / PFADT Front & Rear Sway Bar. Pushing 520 to the Rear Wheels
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote