Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-19-2017, 10:43 AM   #1
DrP

Drives: 2013 2SS in AGM
Exclamation Suspension problem?

My stock 2013 2SS doesn't like seams / cracks perpendicular to the road. The rear steps out to the right for just an instant. Has anyone else experienced this? Car is at 42k miles, so if it is shocks that would not be a surprise. If it is something else, I need to get it corrected before getting coilovers.

Thanks for your help!
Patrick
Old 02-19-2017, 01:19 PM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Any suspension mods? Have you had the alignment checked, and if so what are the specs (camber, caster, toe, etc.)? Many things can cause the same scenario, so I would suggest getting the alignment checked first to make things easier for you and everyone trying to help - in fact, just getting the alignment adjusted could fix the problem, and it's always good to have the alignment checked every so often anyway.
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
DrP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Any suspension mods? Have you had the alignment checked, and if so what are the specs (camber, caster, toe, etc.)? Many things can cause the same scenario, so I would suggest getting the alignment checked first to make things easier for you and everyone trying to help - in fact, just getting the alignment adjusted could fix the problem, and it's always good to have the alignment checked every so often anyway.
No mods including suspension. Last had alignment checked near a year ago shortly after buying it - at 125 was a fight to hold it straight, the front end seeming to hunt for center. Had significant toe out (way out of spec, like +4 on both IIRC) corrected and the rest adjusted as well. Made a big difference. I cannot locate the report right now. Maybe that report doesn't apply anymore, however it seems like the current issue has always been this way. I chalked it up to RWD, IRS and limited slip (hadn't driven one in a very long time) but it's been bugging me more lately thanks to the roads I use, so I checked with a buddy who said it's not normal. Hence my post. Guess my next step is taking it to the dealership for a check under the extended warranty. Thanks for your reply!
Old 02-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
How are your tires? When my tires were worn it seemed to do this pretty bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2017, 09:43 PM   #5
DrP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
How are your tires? When my tires were worn it seemed to do this pretty bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Huh. At my last oil change a month ago they said it was about time to replace my tires. They aren't bad, just getting low on tread depth. On with the wheels & tires