Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-27-2009, 04:29 AM   #1
BigGunzE7

Drives: Blk 2SS L99
Should I Be Concerned???

I just visited my dealer’s web site and saw my Camaro on there for sale. A little back ground on this. I am deployed to Afghanistan and have been doing all of my communication with the salesman and sales manager through email. Inconvenient sometimes, but has been working so far. Through the fine members of these Camaro Forums I have been able to track the progress of my order. Because let’s face it, getting the salesmen to give you any info is like pulling teeth. Spending one day on these forums you can find out more than they will tell you or that they even know about this car. For instance, my dealership (they will remain anonymous for now) kept telling me that the ground effects were coming in already painted to match the car. I told them that I know they’re not and have seen pics of them not painted. Until the car came in they had no clue. From day one I informed them of my unique situation, they said no problem they were happy to work with me and make this purchase happen. I was told that if the car came in early they would keep it locked up in the back lot so nobody would test drive or touch it. Great! When it came in they even sent pics of it to me and let me know the ground effects were not painted. Now today I see it on their web site as available inventory with the description and VIN #. I have a copy of the Work Bench order with my name on it, along with a receipt of my down payment. I placed the order in May with the hopes of it being ready for me to take delivery upon my return. (32 more days before that happens) I am not ready to freak out on them yet, still waiting on a reply to my email asking them if I should be concerned that my car is listed on their web site for sale. I guess I don’t really have a question just venting. If they do sell it out from under me before I get home is there anything I can do? Probably not. Just get my down payment back and be really pissed. Or is there? Until then I will be holding my breath, keeping my fingers crossed and praying that they are just using my bad @ss car as advertisement to generate sales and that it will be there waiting for me. This is the last thing I needed to be worrying about. Wish me luck. If you have any advice you can give me please feel free. I will provide updates as soon as I hear something.
Attached Images

Kooks Ceramic Coated Stepped Long Tubes w/HF cats, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/JRE Scoop, Borla S-type Catback w/X-pipe, VMAX Ported TB, MSD wires, NKG TR5 Plugs, Elite Catch Can, JRE Custom Tune, Detroit Speed Sway Bars and Springs
BigGunzE7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:50 AM   #2
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
This is way too obvious but is there someone at home, Wife, girlfriend ,mom, dad etc. That can make the purchase for you. Then you could take out a new loan and transfer the tiltle when you get home.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:44 AM   #3
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
Well, technicaly they own the car until there is a signed sales contract so they are able to do with it as they please. More than likely the Internet sales guy unknowingly did what he does with all the new units which show up on the lot, took a picture of the car and listed it as inventory, hopefully it will turn out to be that simple.

www.rivercityperformance.com
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
sjspat

Drives: 2010 camaro
I would be very careful as a deposit dont necessarily guarantee a sale. I would try and get the deal done asap as this way, the car will then be yours!!
On the other side, where the car is not technically sold, they may have to list the car as being in there inventory. Either way, I would try and get the deal done.
sjspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:58 AM   #5
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Buyer beware. If your not there to pay for it they will sell it, now they may order a new one for you but you can't expect them to hold the car for you for any extended amount of car. By no means am I defending the dealership but they are a business.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #6
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Hopefully, there was just a mistake with their internet sales person, and it was added to their salable inventory in error. See if you can get a buddy, friend, or relative to stop by there and talk to them face to face.

If it's really "for sale", I have to say that's the lowest of low, most scumbag moves a dealer could ever make. You are out of the country, protecting them, so they can screw you and others over.

I hope this is just a small mistake and it all works out for you. Thank you so very much for doing what you do, so we are safe at home. Thank you for the sacrifices you've made for your family, freinds and us, and thank you for your service. Best of luck.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
well i can tell the dealer i bought from had like 3 on the web page but when i went to pick mine up none were available. It might just be a advertising method. But i would give somebody a POA to go pick it up. Because like the other guy said they are business, and they dont get more allocations till they get rid of your car.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:16 AM   #8
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Come home safe first then worry about the car
Old 07-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #9
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
Mine was on the Dealer web site as soon as the vin number was known to them, all cars at that dealership go to autotrader and their web site. Don't worry it's probably someone at the dealership just doing their job.
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #10
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
You could handle this several ways.
1st like described get someone from your family to purchase the car.
2. Have someone from your family/friend unquire about the car and give them a heads up your wanting this car
3. Have someone contact your local paper and let them know there is a nice story out there about a returning servicemen coming home to his family and 1 great Camaro.
I would think once something like that hits the papers there's no way they would sell it out from under you. The positive publicity they would get for holding the car for you will far weight out the negative press they would get if they sold it on you.
And Finally you could give all of us the dealers name and we could enlighten them to the power of the website? Any way like one already posted Come home safe!
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:30 AM   #11
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGunzE7 View Post
Should I Be Concerned?
Yes. Dealers have been known to do worse.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #12
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
What city is this dealership in? I wouldn't be surprised if some local Camaro5.com guys would be willing to keep an eye on the situation for you.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #13
txaggie_08

Drives: 2003 F-150
He's most likely NOT trying to sell it. As soon as the camaros are built and have a vin they go in their inventory. Its nothing they do, but how GM does it. My dealer showed several in their inventory. When I went in they had 0 available. They were all orders that were just in the system
Old 07-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #14
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
My and my friends Camaros went on their website..

I was worried some, but trusted my salesman.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote