Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #29
bionick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
He has an LFX, there is no iceolator for them.
Yes, mace has them for LFx
Old 01-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #30
fradaj

Drives: RS
For me the ported TB and the Hypertech tune for premium gas where the two changes that made the most difference. I also have a drop in K&N air filter, didn't notice much. I installed a Jet air mass sensor at the same time I installed the TB, may have increased the effect of the TB, gets on the pipe noticeably quicker. The Hypertech tune does not add a whole lot of HP or torque but you get max TQ 1200 RPM sooner which I could really notice. I also installed the black isolator, I did not notice much difference but suspect I am getting more consistent power as the engine runs at temperature. The TB and the Hypertech tuner were the best bang for the buck.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #31
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I did my ported throttle body & black Iceolator at the same time & it was truly an OMG difference. Especially after I drove it around a while & my car "learned" it.
yea this combo was the only thing I was real happy about, except for my exhaust setup
Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #32
Glasstop2010RS

Drives: Corvette C6 500 HP
Bolt Ons

For me it was going from stock LLT to the following:

ARH LT. Headers w high flow cats.

Injen CAI.

Mace Ported Throttle Body

IDealG Clutch Master cylinder

Trifecta Tune

All installed By Jerry of IDealG in Fords NJ.

I mean it was like night to Day....like a small shot of Nitrous !....

Last edited by Glasstop2010RS; 01-03-2014 at 08:42 AM. Reason: text
Glasstop2010RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #33
solteroblues

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM
I think I'm in the minority here, but I first put on the Mace isolator, then added the Vararam, then the Trifecta Tune, then the ported throttle body. The ONLY mod I EVER felt was the Trifecta tune. I never could tell any difference from any of the other mods, except for the sound. But the tune (with auto shift firmness increased) made me actually FEEL something different. ONLY after the tune was I able to grab 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear, and actually feel the difference. But most people on here have said they felt a ton of difference with the bolt ons and nothing from the tune, so I don't know anything but my experience.

Oh, and BTW, I did each mod separately, let the 100 miles go by at least, so I could tell between each mod individually. My 0-60 time decreased by about 1/2 a second after the tune, too.
solteroblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #34
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by solteroblues View Post
I think I'm in the minority here, but I first put on the Mace isolator, then added the Vararam, then the Trifecta Tune, then the ported throttle body. The ONLY mod I EVER felt was the Trifecta tune. I never could tell any difference from any of the other mods, except for the sound. But the tune (with auto shift firmness increased) made me actually FEEL something different. ONLY after the tune was I able to grab 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear, and actually feel the difference. But most people on here have said they felt a ton of difference with the bolt ons and nothing from the tune, so I don't know anything but my experience.

Oh, and BTW, I did each mod separately, let the 100 miles go by at least, so I could tell between each mod individually. My 0-60 time decreased by about 1/2 a second after the tune, too.
Interesting...
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #35
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
My 0-60 decreased from about 5.8 to 5.5 after my tune. I gained 13 hp and like 10 tq but the transmission tune may of helped

I heard from many that a simple gearing change is the best way to feel something like he states he wants.
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:34 AM   #36
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK View Post
Cold Air Intake from CAI Inc made an immediate difference in immediately feeling more torque and the sound of the exhaust. This might be the first thing everyone should do
^^This^^ no contest best first mod.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:05 PM   #37
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Ported throttle body and sways.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:30 PM   #38
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
I felt the turbos, but might have been my imagiation

J/K -- My CAI on the LLT woke it up a bit, but the tranny tune was my favorite mod before going FI.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:16 PM   #39
The_Grinch

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I felt the turbos, but might have been my imagiation

J/K -- My CAI on the LLT woke it up a bit, but the tranny tune was my favorite mod before going FI.
You felt it in the wallet too I bet.

For me it was the Ported TB and the Black Isolator, as I put them on together could not tell you which of the two were the source of the gains. as far as the Trifecta tune. I felt no difference. Please note I have a Manual transmission, so I can only comment on the pure engine gains.
The_Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:32 AM   #40
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
MACE ported IM with Isolators is the best V6 LLT mod. Then comes Eibach lowering springs.

CAI didnt make a big difference. LTs power was on the high end so I wasnt very impressed.

Vmax TB hmmm does it do any thing?? to me a higher idle only
Old 04-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #41
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Maybe opening up the intake ports up a bit. Some of us with the isolator, matched the intake ports with the gasket. not much in cost but time consuming. Just a thought
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #42
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
Maybe opening up the intake ports up a bit. Some of us with the isolator, matched the intake ports with the gasket. not much in cost but time consuming. Just a thought
The torq gained is worth every minute