Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #113
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
I shot Ted an email about a tune and he replied no problem, should i data log before a tune from him after boosting my psi up and also what should i run for fuel? Why can't i continue to run 93?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Tim, that's your first problem. The WIFE. The car needs its own bank account.

I'd do the 1:1 cog and have no concerns running 12 psi stock bottom with the right fuel and tune.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #114
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
I shot Ted an email about a tune and he replied no problem, should i data log before a tune from him after boosting my psi up and also what should i run for fuel? Why can't i continue to run 93?
93 is ok but when you beat on it the extra octane is like a safety net. You can't guarantee me that you have good 93 from a pump. I lost an engine that way. At least add a can of Torco for "spirited" driving.

I would data log to be safe. Plus you'll get a better tune if Ted knows exactly what's going on. My car is tuned by only logging.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #115
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
93 is ok but when you beat on it the extra octane is like a safety net. You can't guarantee me that you have good 93 from a pump. I lost an engine that way. At least add a can of Torco for "spirited" driving.

I would data log to be safe. Plus you'll get a better tune if Ted knows exactly what's going on. My car is tuned by only logging.
I agree on the Data Logging, so i ordered a ZL1 pump and it should be here next week late and i will drop that in, i am once again having fuel issues since i got rid of my Aeromotive?? Go figure huh, lol
Hopefully i can see some stuff tomorrow when i do some Data logging in low & high rpm ranges and at idle where i seem to be having issues!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #116
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I agree on the Data Logging, so i ordered a ZL1 pump and it should be here next week late and i will drop that in, i am once again having fuel issues since i got rid of my Aeromotive?? Go figure huh, lol
Hopefully i can see some stuff tomorrow when i do some Data logging in low & high rpm ranges and at idle where i seem to be having issues!
You have it under control. Keep an eye on your fuel situation. That seems to be where all the trouble starts and usually end.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #117
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
You have it under control. Keep an eye on your fuel situation. That seems to be where all the trouble starts and usually end.
We went to 63lb injectors and all seemed fine, but then i started to get this lope at 800 to 1400 rpm like a choppy cam would do but it was the motor trying to die, i am pretty sure it's fuel starvation? But we are going to try some different sets of injectors next weekend and go from there and data log and see what we can see and hopefully it will paint a picture for us?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #118
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
We went to 63lb injectors and all seemed fine, but then i started to get this lope at 800 to 1400 rpm like a choppy cam would do but it was the motor trying to die, i am pretty sure it's fuel starvation? But we are going to try some different sets of injectors next weekend and go from there and data log and see what we can see and hopefully it will paint a picture for us?
The logging will tell all. Ted will want the ID 850's in there. I have them in my car and its been problem free.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #119
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

I have been looking at ID, but are they as good as everyone says they are? Don't want to buy something then have to change it 2 months later and start having fuel issues when i decide to bump boost, lol
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #120
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I have been looking at ID, but are they as good as everyone says they are? Don't want to buy something then have to change it 2 months later and start having fuel issues when i decide to bump boost, lol
Yes they are. I'm pushing 18 psi, shooting a 65 shot (currently) and have plenty of injector left to get silly.. Which we plan on doing this spring. You buy those and that part of your car will never need attention again.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #121
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Yes they are. I'm pushing 18 psi, shooting a 65 shot (currently) and have plenty of injector left to get silly.. Which we plan on doing this spring. You buy those and that part of your car will never need attention again.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #122
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
I'm also running the ID850's Tim and they seem to do good with the gas. I will let you know monday if they are enough for E85.... Currently running 91 octane (best I can get at 5,000ft elevation) and Meth. Looking to switch to E85 if I can real soon.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #123
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Starter burnout:

Old 02-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #124
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
I'm also running the ID850's Tim and they seem to do good with the gas. I will let you know monday if they are enough for E85.... Currently running 91 octane (best I can get at 5,000ft elevation) and Meth. Looking to switch to E85 if I can real soon.
Thanks Angel i appreciate it, i need something to cure this crap, getting tired of the car wanting to die at low idle!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #125
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Thanks Angel i appreciate it, i need something to cure this crap, getting tired of the car wanting to die at low idle!
Just keep your foot in it
Old 02-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #126
jlugo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1LE 'Summit White'
Cool

MY burnout

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=520224471323991
Attached Images

Last edited by jlugo; 02-02-2013 at 11:01 AM.
jlugo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burning tires, burnout, burnouts, smoking tires, tires