Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
coolant mix?

I'm going with a 30 coolant to 70 distilled water mix and 1 bottle of Water wetter. I bet I'm down 20 degrees.

Anyone suggest a better coolant than oem?

After reading posts on here just removing the rain guard is good for 20 degrees.

...or maybe this http://goo.gl/npUUNi
Old 08-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
zcarczar

Drives: 15 Z/28
I'm interested in this too, my car was getting HOT last weekend at the track. I did drain out some coolant and replace it with water but it didn't make much difference. The rain guard is off on mine and I was hitting 250 coming off the big front straight into turns 1 and 2 on the speedway.

I know in my off road car(700 HP 418 LS3) I run just a gallon of dexcool, water wetter and the rest water and the engine stays perfectly fine at 210-215 when racing it hard. I'm going to give that a shot next, if that doesn't work then I will look into a bigger radiator.

One thing I do know is that a big engine oil cooler will help reduce the engine temp on these engines as well. I saw the factory has a massive one up front, I wonder if there is a way to move it into a secondary air source away from the radiator with its own fan?
zcarczar is offline   Reply With Quote