Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
Central Cal

Drives: silver with nice rims
Flowmaster vs Magnaflow

I first put a Flowmaster 40 series on my V6. It was so loud it gave me a head ace. It vibrated my feet. I could feel it in my seat. When I went 70mph (2,000rpm) was bad.
I called the shop and told him there was no way I can keep this on my car it just was not enjoyable to drive. My girl would not ride in it. He told me he would order me a Magnaflow it is made different and quieter. The next day i had it installed. WAY BETTER. It is quieter and still sounds good and better then stock. You don't need to order the whole systems. Just have a shop get the muffler and cut your stock pipe and use the stock tip. It saves a lot of money and still has great sound. Don't use the Flowmaster if you want to enjoy riding in your car
Central Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
i have the flowmaster axle back kit, and its not bad at all, no vibration, not loud at all in the cabin, its just right, sounds awesome, sorry your custom setup didnt work out for ya.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
I have the axle back AT from flowmaster on my Daughter's camaro. No vibration or issues at all. She loves them. Some folks do get a drone, we didn't.

I wonder if there was an issue with the installation.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
Central Cal

Drives: silver with nice rims
muffler

I spent hrs reading everyones response to what muffler to get and so I did go with the flowmaster. maybe I did get a bad one. I went to a good shop that was recommened by another guy. Who knows. I am happy now with the Manaflow so I thought to myself yester day that i would write in and let other know what happen with me. This is a great sight and it is good to share everything. Thanks you guys keep up the good info.
Central Cal is offline   Reply With Quote