Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #15
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Yeah....but with white stripes I'm not sure how good a blackout would look. If I had black stripes it would've been done by now.

I wonder if some of that Camaro lettering would just happen to cover up the wholes.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #16
IamJacksCamaro

Drives: Camaro LS M6, Fiero, Ford F100
Looks great!
IamJacksCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #17
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Yeah....but with white stripes I'm not sure how good a blackout would look. If I had black stripes it would've been done by now.

I wonder if some of that Camaro lettering would just happen to cover up the wholes.
i bet the M and the A would cover the holes
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
AgentJB
AgentJB

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

Yes the M and the A will cover the holes. The only prpblem there is the spacing will be limited to that distance..
Old 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #19
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Looks awesome. Ive been thinking about doing the same thing.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #20
Yellow Camaro

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Here's a picture of mine....to add to the hole covering debate....if you have the panel vinyl wrapped, the middle letters DO mostly cover it, but it is noticeable if you're looking specifically. It's subtle, but the problem is that the two holes are different sizes, you're trying to cover them with two different letters, and it was honestly so minor that I'd rather have ideal spacing that crowd the letters trying to maximize how much hole I could cover.
Attached Images

Yellow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #21
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
you could talk to big worm or one of those companies and see if they will make you a white out strip for your trunk? Just a thaught.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #22
TankMorph
More Human Than Human

Drives: 2011 1LT IOM M6
I blacked out with matte black vinyl, and applied the stock fender emblems (spaced apart a little wider).

TankMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #23
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Looks good guys! To answer a question, yes, our letters were designed and slightly stretched to cover the factory holes in the 2010 models. when placed properly, they will completely cover the holes and our instructions tell how to do this. But, as others have said, this will limit your spacing. Our letter kit also includes 2 patches of tape to seal up the holes from the back side. We really thought it through so you guys wouldn't be forced to get bodywork or get a vinyl blackout if you didn't want to.
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote