Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #29
ripcurl329

Drives: 2012 SS/RS 45th & 1970 SS/RS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
got pulled over in the HOV lane because the officer couldn't see my 8 year old in the back seat even with the top down..

apologized and complimented me on the new car..
Same here.... Was on I95 . The guy seen me a mile away. Walked up to the car saw the kids in back.... And said. oh you got kids in the back... So replied Got ya didn't I... Have a happy Friday . Officer smiled....

Good try Northern VA State Trooper

Kenny Powers: Sure, I’ve been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I’m not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren’t as good. That used to be called patriotism.
ripcurl329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #30
Black N' Yellow

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I had 3 15 over tickets in the 2-1/2 years I had my Camaro.

All of them went like this:

I don't understand, he was in the oncoming lane then turned around and pulled you over for speeding? How could he tell you were speeding?
Old 09-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #31
akCamaross

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Police cars now a days have laser and or radar in there cars. it sucks
Old 09-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #32
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black N' Yellow View Post
I don't understand, he was in the oncoming lane then turned around and pulled you over for speeding? How could he tell you were speeding?
Seriously, nothing to add to this.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #33
rforbes

Drives: IOM SS/RS
This was coming back from Cfest last year in Arizona right when we were crossing over into Texas. No front plates.
This was about the 5th time I had been pulled over for that but received warnings on all of them. The DPS trooper was really cool and let us take lots of pictures. The group from San Antonio were laughing as they went by us.
Attached Images

rforbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #34
epatrone

Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS L99
Oh I hate to say this but I am LEO and I never got a ticket in my 2012 45th 2SS MN6 LS3. Never even been stopped, I hold my speed less than 10 over. Now do not think cops cannot get tickets. In 2011 I had a 2011 GT Mustang and even told the cop I was LEO and he still wrote me a ticket in VA for 12 over. I have never wrote a ticket for 12 over. So I asked him, how come you do not give professional curtsy, I do for VA police. His response was I should have gave them citations and walked away. I do not even bother giving a warning until 15 over, then at 25 over I give a ticket, except for Camaro drivers I give them an extra 5 over. lol
epatrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #35
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #36
akCamaross

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
^^^ hahaha
Old 09-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #37
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Never been pulled over in the Camaro in almost two years. Although last Thursday I had a Township cop tell me I had a nice car.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #38
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Guess you never heard of RADAR.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #39
Black N' Yellow

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Guess you never heard of RADAR.
I just didn't know that the cop could be moving in the opposite direction and still be able to catch your speed from radar. Can they do that with lasers too?
Old 09-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #40
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I just didn't know that the cop could be moving in the opposite direction and still be able to catch your speed from radar. Can they do that with lasers too?
Yep
Old 09-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #41
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Many people already know about my recent escapade on my way to Canada & BBOMG in my Camaro...lol. I had just started out on my trip...running about 5 hours late because Envy was in the shop all day getting her cut-outs repaired. So I was busy talking to my niece in the car when I looked up to see a Texas State Trooper in my rear view mirror. I had been traveling in a group of cars so I had no idea how fast I had been going but the trooper informed me that he clocked me at 97 in a 65.

The trooper was a bit irate and asked us to get out of the car immediately. He then asked for permission to search my car which I granted because I thought I had nothing to hide...but it turned out my niece did...so to make a long story short I spent the night in jail for my niece's two joints, a bottle of unmarked generic tylenol and a green container of cinnamon altoids.

As I was being cuffed at the rear of my Camaro I asked my niece to PLEASE take a picture but she was freaking out so bad she couldn't move so all I have is my mug shot...lol. And I'm looking pretty rough because it took a whole lot of crying and pleading to get that trooper to let my niece with no driver's license drive Envy home instead of towing and impounding my beautiful Camaro. And when it was all said and done...the trooper felt pretty bad because he knew that crap wasn't mine so he only gave me a warning on the 97 in a 65.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #42
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Pulled over once for 69 in a 45 - though I was exiting the highway and hadn't slowed down yet on the service road. (yeah yeah, the highway speed was 60, but still) - Ticket, no chat with the LEO either.

Pulled over once for speeding on the same highway, this time heading back to work from a chinese restaurant, a few miles south of last stop. Had nice chat with the LEO, admitted to speeding, only got a warning.

Two other times I got lit up, but 'evaded' the police. First time, as soon as I passed the state trooper on the interstate, he lit me up. I got to the next exit before he could get into traffic. As I sat at the gas station with my hazards on, I saw his lights fly down the interstate as if he didn't see me exit. The second time I evaded was heading back to work from the same chinese restaurant (different time than the last time), though this time traffic was a bit heavy so the same thing happened again in that I exited the highway before the trooper could catch up and he blew passed me.

Never been snagged for no plate though.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote