Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
so.. hmm.. the Camaro seems to bring out the weirdos....

I've had the Camaro just over a month now.. During that time in both the stock form and my now modified look I have received a lot of compliments, and total strangers have struck up conversions with me about it.

Kids at my daughters school have flagged her as the girl with the cool dad both because I drop her off at school in both the Camaro and the Motorcycle.

Now I used to get similar attention in my Chrysler 300c because of how modded it was, but not to the extent I am getting in the Camaro, though I suspect the convertible has a lot to do with that, as people seem to feel that apparently I am more approachable because the top is down and windows are open.

I am a creature of habit, and most of the attention happens at the Starbucks I frequent in the morning after dropping my daughter at school.

Twice now I have received a paid for Coffee going thru the drive thru by the person in front of me, both times with a comment about the car (car in front of you paid for your drink and says "cool" car or some such).

No clue who these people are, so I just paid it forward and give the Starbuck employee the money and pay for the guy behind me..

--

This morning the drive thru was packed, so I parked and walked in, as I got out this guy in a nice suit sidled up to me and started asking me questions about the car, "is it an SS or RS," "did the graphics come on it or are they custom," "is that stock exhaust?" "how does it drive?" "do you always drive with the top down"...

Nothing specific, but he was obviously interested in the car.. I answered his questions as we walked into the store. I let him go in front of me (old habit, don't turn your back on a stranger that seems overly interested in you)..

He paid for my coffee and scone I kept telling him not to worry about it, but he insisted, hey who am I to argue right? Then changed the tone to asking me about what I did for a living or course that was followed by "oh your a computer guy, I have this problem with.."

Any how I left, noticed he was in a newer BMW 7-series.. The whole thing seems just odd to me.. Even the gals @ starbucks who know me cause I am there every morning (like I said, creature of habit) made a comment about how weird that whole exchange was..

--

and before anyone asks, no I wasn't followed far as I know, but even if I was my car is parked in a secure lot right next to my office window..
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
Fam0516
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro ss
Canaria flock everybody! Lol
Fam0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
These cars attract attention from all types of folks. Might as well get used to it.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Jameg1011

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary
Ive had a similar encounter as far as the questions go at a park of all places. Some guy got out and followed me for awhile when i was walking, then caught up and asked about 15 questions which i answered. Finally told him that i had to get going because i was meeting someone, otherwise he probably would have kept going. Some people are just really interested in them/want one of there own i guess lol.
Jameg1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I've never had these kinds of interactions

Maybe I drive too fast for anyone to keep up

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

my first comment was an elderly lady at the supermarket, probably about my moms age, she said it was a nice car and it seems to "fit" me, and that I looked good in it..

she started to ask me what it was then saw the Camaro on the side and said "that's a Chevy?, wow didn't know they still made the Camaro.." She was in a Lexus.. seemed very surprised at the whole car.. she walked around it several times taking it all in..
Old 09-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

I thought SoCal had lots of Camaros around the area. You'd think everyone would be used to seeing them in that area.

They sure are used to seeing them around here

Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I thought SoCal had lots of Camaros around the area. You'd think everyone would be used to seeing them in that area.

They sure are used to seeing them around here

I see tons of v6 hardtops.. very few convertibles. which surprises me, but most of the convertibles around here are BMW's and Mustang's

Of the 3 Chevy dealers within 10 miles of my home, none have convertibles on the lots, all hard tops.

I think the other thing is my look/age.. I am in my mid-40s, most people take me for being in my late 20s..
Old 09-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
sounds like you have a boyfriend MrIncredible.

congrats?
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets77 View Post
sounds like you have a boyfriend MrIncredible.

congrats?

ha

ha

ha
Old 09-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Maybe he could be your sugar-daddy?

Old 09-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #12
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I've never had these kinds of interactions
I rarely have any interactions like this as well! Most people in my area are too concerned with driving like complete morons while having a cell phone stuck to the side of their face to care about what's going on around them.

That or people in their mini-vans, suv, or just a plain ghetto looking POS trying to prove that they're so cool cuz they can pass a Camaro at a quick rate of speed!
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #13
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
some dipshit that was a higher-up on the Amway pyramid scam used my car as a talking point to get all up in my business. When he asked the question if the car was bought for me it was the end of me entertaining his nonsense.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #14
redhotcandy

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I always feel like I'm in a parade of somekind. Someone is either waving or staring or both. I think kids are the biggest fans. I too, had a couple of drinks at the drivethru paid for me, and given to me by the employee. Also, random people approaching me to talk and look. I love it tho!
redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote