Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
Wedgy

Drives: 2004 Aveo
So how long does this stuff normally take???

How long dose it normally take before they release some facts about a new car?
How long before production did they release info on say... the C6 or 05 mustang?

Maybe its just because I have been following the development or the Camaro,
and its near and dear to me, but it seems like they could have given us a little more concrete info by now.

Maybe some kind of option\package list, Color selection, engine line up, Ect...

Im not expecting every detail, but just something to keep us interested. something like,
"___, ___, and ___ are a few confirmed colors that will be avalible", "____ will be the base V8",
or something random like,"HIDs will be an option/standard".

I know they hold back info due to the competition in the market, but really...
How could the knowledge of color options or if/where the LS3 will stand in the camaro line up hurt anything.

I stopped reading about the camaro a few months back due to lack of anything new.
All the forums were just a bunch of rumors, speculation, and hypothetical crap written by
people that cant tell an Auto Zone headlight from their own a$$.

Now that I have spent the last day or two getting up to speed, I have found that not much has changed.
Actually, the most fun I have had is trying to decode what Scott writes, and his usage of smilies.

sorry for the rant
Wedgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
The Camaro is an interesting case because of the timing. It is being released just after one competitor (the Challenger) is released, and right around when a new Mustang is coming out. Because its competition was evolving at the same time the Camaro was developing, it was in GM's best interest to wait as long as possible to reveal anything, so that they didn't give the competition anything to benchmark against. Fbodfather said we wouldn't be getting color selection soon, but I would imagine those options are less secret than official engine choices and the like. Generally, because so much can change all the way to the end of production, major stuff like engines, colors, and price won't be released until just before the production car is officially introduced.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
September...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
We should know the general specs on the Camaro by the time the full range of challengers go on sale. There was a list of colours that was found and claimed to be the list for the Camaro but they were unconfirmed
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
We should know the general specs on the Camaro by the time the full range of challengers go on sale. There was a list of colours that was found and claimed to be the list for the Camaro but they were unconfirmed
Wanna know somethin' cool? Those colors were both confirmed, AND denied.

There's a few that WILL make it on the car, there's a few that won't, and there's a few that aren't on the list, but will be on the car.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Do we know when exactly the full line of Challengers are going to go on sale? I also wanted to know if anyone randomly knew how long before the Challenger began production did we know engine specs on it? Just wondering....

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #7
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I have a questions more so aimed towards 3whiterag and/or fbodfather. If the Mustang production car was previewed (engines, hp, colors, etc) at the NYIAS, would GM release information then?
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
Do we know when exactly the full line of Challengers are going to go on sale? I also wanted to know if anyone randomly knew how long before the Challenger began production did we know engine specs on it? Just wondering....
This fall for the Challengers. the line up, i think, is SXT, R/T, and SRT8, with the R/T supposedly getting 380 hp due to a revamping of the 5.L Hemi. But pricing hasn't been released. But the Camaro info needs to be out before the Challenger is on sale so that fence sitters know what each has to offer and may then decide to wait for the Camaro.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #9
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
This fall for the Challengers. the line up, i think, is SXT, R/T, and SRT8, with the R/T supposedly getting 380 hp due to a revamping of the 5.L Hemi. But pricing hasn't been released. But the Camaro info needs to be out before the Challenger is on sale so that fence sitters know what each has to offer and may then decide to wait for the Camaro.
Aaaaaah, good call. I never even thought about that. It definitely makes sense to have the details out at that point in order to win over people looking at the competition. Good call

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #10
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
The fall seems so far away for this information. When are we getting some more spy photos or technical leaks for cryin' out loud?!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
The fall seems so far away for this information. When are we getting some more spy photos or technical leaks for cryin' out loud?!
More spy photos will be released when . . . someone uploads them. We were hit with a barrage in January and February, and it kinda spoiled us. Now we are expecting new shots every few weeks. We should probalby see more stuff within a month, but that is a 100% guess

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 03-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #12
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
I figure some stuff might be announced at the new york auto show at the javits center. I only figure cause it's the next big big car show around the time of late summer.
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Wanna know somethin' cool? Those colors were both confirmed, AND denied.

There's a few that WILL make it on the car, there's a few that won't, and there's a few that aren't on the list, but will be on the car.
Wow, That was really helpful...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #14
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
The only bad part of the camaro bein cheaply available is some chick in the v6 version can pull up to you and say, "HEY.... WE HAVE THE SAME CAR!!!" mean while in your awesome v8 version you are like no, its not. thats why the gto was kinda kool