Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #29
Crand

Drives: away the ladies :(
Send a message via AIM to Crand
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
Hardly worth further comment

The Flash
Sorry, you can't change science. I was dead serious about that textbook remark. If you took it as an insult, perhaps you need it more than I thought. Keep in mind, the thread is titled "these numbers don't make sense" and it's only composed of people explaining why your logic is flawed. All you have done is defend your flawed logic. Why did you even ask the question in the first place if you knew you were already correct and infallible? You should have just made the statement and left.
Crand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #30
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crand View Post

Two cars leave the line at the same time, one accelerates to 100mph, the other to 88 mph. Unless the latter is a DeLorean, is it possible to overtake the former? NO!

I see the point you are trying to make but I actually partially disagree. Off topic I know but higher trap speed does not ensure a win. Lets take your example.

If two cars leave the line at the same time and one reaches 88 mph before the 60 ft mark but stops accelerating there and the second car doesn't reach 88 till well down track but accelerates to 100. The 88 would win. No these are not exact numbers but you see the point.

Rate of acceleration plays a big part in the ability to cover ground quickly. Gearing plays a large part in rate of acceleration. Ever see a drag race where two cars leave the same time but one is fast out of the hole and the other is a better top end car? Makes for some interesting finishes at the big end.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #31
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
You both are correct in statements. But you are talking about two different points.

My EVo would run a 1.5 60ft and destroy most high 9 and 10 second cars to the 1/8. But in the big end of the track the faster cars would freight train me and pass me because I was on a stock Turbo and would run out of steam. My 122 trap speed and 11.3 was no match for 130+ trap speeds even though I was faster to the 1/8 mile due to traction and gearing.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #32
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
The win will go to the vehicle with the higher average speed through the quarter mile, and thus the lower ET. It is how a Top Fuel dragster can blow the tires off, run a 9 sec quarter mile with a 90 mph trap speed.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #33
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Hmmm. I think the proof is at the track. The 1LE quarter mile times I have seen posted are right around standard LS3 times. The stickier tires and slightly lighter wheels are an advantage. No proven advantage for NPP or electric PS. The for sure shift to 4th hurts.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #34
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Since op thought the time margin was 3sec instead of 0.3sec, this thread is useless and based on a mistake.

This thread should be deleted and it is a waste of time reading posting here.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #35
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
Since op thought the time margin was 3sec instead of 0.3sec, this thread is useless and based on a mistake.

This thread should be deleted and it is a waste of time reading posting here.
I agree. Op also seems to have posted without first reading simple literature on the 1LE.
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #36
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
I agree. Op also seems to have posted without first reading simple literature on the 1LE.
I concur. Especially when there is a sticky at the top of the page that lists all of the features of the 1LE.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #37
RXV_POOR

Drives: Looking to buy
Question

Did anyone consider the sticker tires as part of the 0-60 time?
RXV_POOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #38
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXV_POOR View Post
Did anyone consider the sticker tires as part of the 0-60 time?
Yes. If you had read the posts in the thread it was mentioned a few times.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #39
The Flash

Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I see the point you are trying to make but I actually partially disagree. Off topic I know but higher trap speed does not ensure a win. Lets take your example.

If two cars leave the line at the same time and one reaches 88 mph before the 60 ft mark but stops accelerating there and the second car doesn't reach 88 till well down track but accelerates to 100. The 88 would win. No these are not exact numbers but you see the point.

Rate of acceleration plays a big part in the ability to cover ground quickly. Gearing plays a large part in rate of acceleration. Ever see a drag race where two cars leave the same time but one is fast out of the hole and the other is a better top end car? Makes for some interesting finishes at the big end.

@newb:

Very well explained and very kind of you to take the time to cover the issue for other readers benefit.

Anyone who has participated, seriously participated, in drag racing events understands, or even better, has experienced such conditions first hand.

Mostly in motorcycles, where trick carb jetting (this of course predates current fuel injection bikes) and final drives (tranny sprocket to rear wheel sprocket relationship) made enormous differences in the same exact bike model you could see the brutal reality of this, also because you could the cover 1/4 mile with gearless upshift.

The first half meant nothing..., we all the new the business was in the second half of those 400 meters.

Like you wrote, the finishes were "interesting"... more like heart-crushing because at club level, the talent among the top performers was pretty much even, so when you lost the sleeve by a margin, you knew that your setting was rubbish for that weekend, which meant you lost even before you showed up at the lights, and that was confidence crushing.

The Flash
Old 04-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #40
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I concur. Especially when there is a sticky at the top of the page that lists all of the features of the 1LE.
@bad@asscamaro, scubaado7, whammo :

Read my first and second posts in this thread. I'm clearly referring to a 0.3 sec difference.

The figures are there very clearly written.

I had a brief lapse for a couple of posts when I wrote 3 sec, a lapse which I acknowledged and corrected later, yet even then it can be inferred I'm writing/thinking about a three tenths gap.

Such inference falls flat on its face as a three second difference (from an SS which is able to do 4.6 or 4.7 0-60mph times in stock trim) would mean that a stock 1LE was doing what... 1.6 secs / 0-60???? 9secs to the quarter???

Yeah,, right !!! And if a pig had wings, it would be a B-2 bomber.

We are trying here to have a serious, intelligent discussion about a topic that was featured in an international auto magazine as factual, yet I have subsequently found (youtube search yesterday) other established sources which results contradict this.

I thought it would be relevant/of interest to any SS or 1LE owner.

Feel free to join, leave or simply watch, yet I respectfully think it is up to forum moderators to decide if the thread is worth continuing or not.

Drive safe,

The Flash
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #41
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
@bad@asscamaro, scubaado7, whammo :

Read my first and second posts in this thread. I'm clearly referring to a 0.3 sec difference.

The figures are there very clearly written.

I had a brief lapse for a couple of posts when I wrote 3 sec, a lapse which I acknowledged and corrected later, yet even then it can be inferred I'm writing/thinking about a three tenths gap.

Such inference falls flat on its face as a three second difference (from an SS which is able to do 4.6 or 4.7 0-60mph times in stock trim) would mean that a stock 1LE was doing what... 1.6 secs / 0-60???? 9secs to the quarter???

Yeah,, right !!! And if a pig had wings, it would be a B-2 bomber.

We are trying here to have a serious, intelligent discussion about a topic that was featured in an international auto magazine as factual, yet I have subsequently found (youtube search yesterday) other established sources which results contradict this.

I thought it would be relevant/of interest to any SS or 1LE owner.

Feel free to join, leave or simply watch, yet I respectfully think it is up to forum moderators to decide if the thread is worth continuing or not.

Drive safe,

The Flash
They weren't clearly written at first. If they had been you would have thought twice about posting the thread over such a trivial matter about what a magazine writes. It seems that it would be advantageous on your part to spend more time in the 1LE section, so as you would have been more informed there than from what a magazine has written.

There is also another thread that involves people who race on a regular basis that would have been more keen to your question(s). http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134

God Bless and hope your day is full of joy

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #42
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
You both are correct in statements. But you are talking about two different points.

My EVo would run a 1.5 60ft and destroy most high 9 and 10 second cars to the 1/8. But in the big end of the track the faster cars would freight train me and pass me because I was on a stock Turbo and would run out of steam. My 122 trap speed and 11.3 was no match for 130+ trap speeds even though I was faster to the 1/8 mile due to traction and gearing.
@Dropspeed :

Yours is a text book example. Your Evo actually had a traction advantage (4w drive right??) and the turbo gave you a kick a$$ jolt a few feet from the launch gate, yet cars that where just opening their lungs by the 1/8 mark would come back at you with a vengeance.

Fraxum Hmmm. I think the proof is at the track. The 1LE quarter mile times I have seen posted are right around standard LS3 times. The stickier tires and slightly lighter wheels are an advantage. No proven advantage for NPP or electric PS. The for sure shift to 4th hurts.

@Fraxum:

You might be right and wiser than us all speculating here

Last night, I found many videos loaded in YOUTUBE about driving impressions on the 1LE, some even posting 0-60mph times that were not far from standard SS times (with no clarification on the acquisition of these figures - were they repeating manufacturer's estimates, or did their own measurements) yet nothing still about 1/4 miles.

Again, the idea crosses my mind that MT may have been handed, unknowingly, a ringer for their test.

And yes, the extra shift might, every now and then, cost you a sleeve you otherwise had bagged in.

Regards,

The Flash