Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #15
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by starhutch View Post
Dont really see that at all in my area of the midwest, from what I have seen around here its still limited supply but it really depends on the market. I'm sure you will get different answers around the country based on allocations. Now getting exactly what you want is a different story, but paying sticker is not a bad deal.

Congrats!
Im from st louis. Look harder.. we have them everywhere.

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
JWR046

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLNY View Post
I live in NY. I have an order number and a printout of the GM Workbench form. I didn't specifically ask them if they had an allocation but they did have two ZL1s in stock so they seem capable of getting them. I did order the the black rims and exposed carbon hood and from what I understand these items are hard to get.
cool. Put the order number here. http://www.chevrolet.com/order-tracking.html

It will show the order. If they have an allocation the order will be picked up. There is a few threads on order status codes. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218999
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #17
Solitaire

Drives: 2013 Back ZL1 =P
I just bought mine in Norcal. I found a dealer who would order one for me at MSRP as well. But last minute I asked him to look around instead and he got one transferred in to his dealer from another that had been sitting for 66 days and sold it to me at sticker. Thats the way to go. Have them do a search for you. I got exactly the car you just described down to the color and options. A dealer in Santa Rosa wanted 75K for the same car. **** them. Supposedly this year many more will be made so the price should be easier to get below MSRP. Good luck!!
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
I live in NY. I have an order number and a printout of the GM Workbench form. I didn't specifically ask them if they had an allocation but they did have two ZL1s in stock so they seem capable of getting them. I did order the the black rims and exposed carbon hood and from what I understand these items are hard to get.
Would you be open to order from a dealer in CT or northern NJ? In CT, I had good experiences with Grossman Chevy in Old Saybrook (bought my SS there) & Partika Chevy in Hamden. They are both selling their stock ZL1s under MSRP (although not with the features you want). Can't hurt to ask if they would do that with an order.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
central ohio in the winter! paid $4500 under msrp
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #20
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
$7k off MSRP for me, I sure love those GM certified vehicles!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #21
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
I was looking for a grey one with black insert and black wheels with nav and had no such luck. finding a deal. so it also depends on what you are looking for. I settled for one of the many black on black with carbon hood and nav.
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #22
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I also paid under MSRP. You just have to find the right car at the right dealer. It also helps to already be pre-qualified and have financing elsewhere. They need to move the car since they are paying for it. I walked out of one dealership when they started to sell me on this is a "limited production car". I told the guy it's not a Ferrari 430 Scuderia!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #23
WLNY

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS785 View Post
Would you be open to order from a dealer in CT or northern NJ? In CT, I had good experiences with Grossman Chevy in Old Saybrook (bought my SS there) & Partika Chevy in Hamden. They are both selling their stock ZL1s under MSRP (although not with the features you want). Can't hurt to ask if they would do that with an order.
I will give them a call and see what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp ZL1 View Post
I also paid under MSRP. You just have to find the right car at the right dealer. It also helps to already be pre-qualified and have financing elsewhere. They need to move the car since they are paying for it. I walked out of one dealership when they started to sell me on this is a "limited production car". I told the guy it's not a Ferrari 430 Scuderia!
It's been hard since there are none in this area with the configuration I want. It's been very difficult to get the black rims with the ECF hood here.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
I will give them a call and see what they say.

It's been hard since there are none in this area with the configuration I want. It's been very difficult to get the black rims with the ECF hood here.
Here is where for you?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
WLNY

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
Here is where for you?
I'm in NY. NYC actually.
WLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #26
Cybeast

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 #1562
A lot of them in midwest. Just pickup mine sat. over 2000 off and indoor cover
Cybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #27
OC ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 AGM
Good Price

I'd say that paying MSRP right now is on the high side of fair. More and more Zl1s are becoming available. Black is the most popular color (highest production numbers) so finding a car with your options shouldn't be too difficult.

Nobody would say it's a bad purchase at MSRP and waiting is painful. So if you can afford it and you have the chance to get what you want, then go for it. The car is outstanding!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #28
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Hi, new here. I recently ordered a ZL1 at MSRP. Several dealers in my area were 1-3k above. I did find one that took my order at sticker, is that good? This will be my first Chevy. I'm not really their typical customer in fact I wouldn't even be on their marketing radar but this car got me. I intend to keep this car for a very long time and really looking forward to it.
I paid supplier which is about 2k under msrp.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote