Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #15
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSSGT-RET View Post
The shoes you posted look good...
Thanks.
Yeah, charcoal and navy suit are first. I was a little shaky on the color of number three, so maybe I'll consider black with a pinstripe like you said. As far as fit, I'm hoping that everything goes well when I meet with this tailor I found. If so the suits will be from scratch.

My watch is stainless with a stainless band, so I'll make sure and match my belt buckle and any other metal, if any, to that. Only problem is that my ring is likely to be gold, so what do I do about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
What's the job? Don't buy a fitted tux for a gig that requires business casual
Oh, I wouldn't dare think of wearing a tux to a job interview, I might look a little stupid.
Anyway, my degree is in finance and economics. Anything short of business formal when interviewing for those jobs is a big no no. So yeah, I plan on being the best looking, most complete candidate when I get there. There being job fairs, interviews, meet and greets, whatever. Stand out, but in a good way.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #16
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Thanks.
Yeah, charcoal and navy suit are first. I was a little shaky on the color of number three, so maybe I'll consider black with a pinstripe like you said. As far as fit, I'm hoping that everything goes well when I meet with this tailor I found. If so the suits will be from scratch.

My watch is stainless with a stainless band, so I'll make sure and match my belt buckle and any other metal, if any, to that. Only problem is that my ring is likely to be gold, so what do I do about that.

Oh, I wouldn't dare think of wearing a tux to a job interview, I might look a little stupid.
Anyway, my degree is in finance and economics. Anything short of business formal when interviewing for those jobs is a big no no. So yeah, I plan on being the best looking, most complete candidate when I get there. There being job fairs, interviews, meet and greets, whatever. Stand out, but in a good way.
Great, glad you have the colors picked out. The gold ring is fine....it's not something that changes, so I try to select watches and belt buckles around my ring color (yellow gold with a large diamond). But I do have a couple silver watches with black faces that I wear and they look fine with a gold wedding ring and even my gold class ring I wear on my right ring finger.

My degrees are in finance as well, so yes, you don't want to wear a tux....haha. But formal business attire is a must, especially since those interviewing you will be dressed very well. You can't go wrong with navy blue/white shirt/red or yellow striped tie.

Good luck, and post some pics if you can.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #17
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
I hate to say this but..... If you want a job in the business world, Google John Boehner and dress like him.

I have three pair of Florsheim "Edgar" shoes, best shoes I have ever had. Keep them polished. Spend the money for good wooden shoe trees and never wear the same shoes 2 days in a row.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #18
2012-1822

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
I hate to say this but..... If you want a job in the business world, Google John Boehner and dress like him.

I have three pair of Florsheim "Edgar" shoes, best shoes I have ever had. Keep them polished. Spend the money for good wooden shoe trees and never wear the same shoes 2 days in a row.
Funny(Boehner).

Yep, I ordered shoe trees with my shoes. Im buying three pair now. That pair, hopefully a pair of Allen Edmonds (going to a store to get fitted) and I'll get probably a cheaper pair of Florsheims with a rubber soul for particular rainy or nasty days. I'll get shoe trees for both of those as well. That will get me started, rotate all so I give the nicer two a chance to dry and air in between wearings. When I start work I'll evaluate my needs and see if I need another pair at that point. Been eyeballing a Florsheim wing tip loafer in case I get a job with travel. Get through airport security easier.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #19
2012-1822

Anyone have anything to say about Brooks Brothers ties? I saw some on their website that looked nice, but a guy I know said he could never get the wrinkles out of one he got from there. They aren't cheap, then again they aren't high end either, but I hate to blow that much and only wear it a couple times before it doesn't look good anymore.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #20
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
I avoid Brooks Brothers completely.

Shoes make the outfit when you are talking business or business casual. I have this pair of shoes and it is the best pair I have ever had. I know the designer, and I get complements constantly when wearing them.

http://www.donaldjpliner.com/product...rPicks&from=fn

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:09 PM   #21
2012-1822

A little update. So I had ordered the Florsheims pictured above. I was concerned about the quality issues that Florsheim is more known for now, but I thought those looked nice. It turns out they don't fit and they don't offer that shoe in a larger size, so they are going back.

But, I made it to the Allen Edmonds store today. They were running a sale. I walked out with one pair not on sale. These. And they were comfortable. I felt like Forest Gump, "I bet you could walk all day in those shoes and not feel a thing."
LEEDS DERBY SHOES

And I ordered these that were on sale.
LEXINGTON CAP-TOE OXFORDS

He said the stock showed one pair ready to go, and if that's true then I should have them before the end of this coming week. If that pair already was sold then could be a little longer because they'll have to make them to fill my order. That's pretty cool knowing that Ralph or Bob or whoever might come into work Monday and have an order on his workbench in Wisconsin telling him to make my shoes.

I asked the guys in the store if they had heard of the tailor I was planning on using. Some of the Allen Edmonds customers indeed do use the tailor, no negative feedback that these guys were aware of. So that's good.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #22
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
I wear these...
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #23
2012-1822

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSME SS View Post
I wear these...
Congrats
Old 04-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #24
USMCSSGT-RET

Both of those shoes look good. I don't have any like the black pair...I'm always concerned about the crease. With a cap toe, it creases right before the stitch line, so it blends in. But I'd chance it for those....they're really good looking!

I may have to grab some like those one of these days.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #25
2012-1822

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSSGT-RET View Post
I don't have any like the black pair...I'm always concerned about the crease.
I hear you on the crease so I'll just see how they do and get them refurbished when need be. I didn't go into the store thinking I'd buy that pair of Leeds at all. They weren't even on my radar. But they fit really well so I got them. Some of the more snooty people say they shouldn't be worn with a suit because they are blucher or derby style(for that matter the brown ones are too). I think that's more an English thing, I don't know. I'm going to make it work. The oxford/bals styles just didn't give me enough room.

I do know that Atlanta is considered progressive in a lot of areas. I haven't been into offices over there really, but I did get to see some young professionals out and about and it appeared as if they would forego some traditional rules in favor of being a little more fashion forward. So I think I've got a little leeway if I'm job hunting over there. I don't know at all if it could be different in the Northeast or Chicago or whatever.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #26
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Get up with Chuck Bracknell at BB&T bank here in town. Tell him your a buddy of mine and need some advice. He's the man IMO when it comes to finance and fashion. Hell, he might even need a guy like you. He is a car guy as well, owned a Firehawk and a 03 Cobra and now has a Shelby.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #27
2012-1822

I was about to say when I saw Bo White post, "Dont' make fun of me Bo." Anyway, yeah, I might do that.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #28
USMCSSGT-RET

So are you moving to Atlanta? I noticed you mentioned Atlanta, but see you're currently in Alabama. I only ask because I'm considering Atlanta as well, particularly in finance, either personal or corporate.