Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
dougsnash

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT RS M6
Almost got to use my OnStar emergency service today

I'm about halfways up the lower provinces of Canada for work this week and as you can imagine, winter has already begun to arrive here. This morning while driving into the mill I'm working at, which is about ten miles out of town, I came across a car that had lost control on the wintery road and was sitting in the ditch pointing towards the bush. The guy had obviously spun out on the glare ice coated road. I slowed to see if he needed a hand but he waved me on. I assume he'd called for help on his cell phone.

While I'm glad the guy was alright, I was kind of looking forward to asking OnStar to get the guy some help. He must have not been too badly stuck because the car was gone when I dorve back to town for lunch and there didn't look to be too much of a mess in the snow where he'd been sitting. It almost looked like he may have been able to drive himself out of the ditch.

Alls well that ends well, I suppose.

As a side note, I am really impressed at how the Camaro handles the icy road conditions up here. Obviously I have to be careful but with a good set of snow tires installed there have been no issues. Gotta love traction control and snow tires.
dougsnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Gotta take it easy when the temps drop. Getting cold here, no snow yet.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
OnStar Advisor

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougsnash View Post
I'm about halfways up the lower provinces of Canada for work this week and as you can imagine, winter has already begun to arrive here. This morning while driving into the mill I'm working at, which is about ten miles out of town, I came across a car that had lost control on the wintery road and was sitting in the ditch pointing towards the bush. The guy had obviously spun out on the glare ice coated road. I slowed to see if he needed a hand but he waved me on. I assume he'd called for help on his cell phone.

While I'm glad the guy was alright, I was kind of looking forward to asking OnStar to get the guy some help. He must have not been too badly stuck because the car was gone when I dorve back to town for lunch and there didn't look to be too much of a mess in the snow where he'd been sitting. It almost looked like he may have been able to drive himself out of the ditch.

Alls well that ends well, I suppose.

As a side note, I am really impressed at how the Camaro handles the icy road conditions up here. Obviously I have to be careful but with a good set of snow tires installed there have been no issues. Gotta love traction control and snow tires.
Hi dougsnash,

I'm glad that person was OK. As heartwarming as it is for our subscriber to reach out to assist others, I hope you never need to use that Emergency button. But if you do, we'll be here! Drive safe out there.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team
OnStar Advisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Gee, did OnStar charge you $9.95 for almost calling them?

And if I remember my time at GM customer service, if Jessica is driving a Camaro as her Avatar states, it is a very old beat up one, or not hers or just " a fib".

Most Customer Service people at GM call centers make but $12 hr or less, but you set me straight there Jessica, if that is your real name. When I was there in 99-00, I first started at a whopping $10hr for 30days training then climbed into the new tax bracket of $11hr or $22,800yr, ugh. Luckily I was just doing an internship for my MBA so I spent more time making time with the pretty CSR girls whenever I could.

The subcontractor at the time which just took over customer service for GM (Sitel, or SitHELL) as we called them, was impressed with my GM knowledge and wanted me to stay as a "crew leader" or whatever it was called. It paid $40k a year, as a salaried position, which meant 55hrs a week. Lucky for me I got a job elsewhere starting at $65k and never looked back.

Not sure who is running GM's customer service, last I heard it was IBM as GM used all their software, but who knows. Maybe Jessica can chime in on that.

I hate OnStar more than anything. Jessica if you could please ask them to stop calling me inside my car, that would be swell.

There you are.

Thank you.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Yes who would expect wages to increase since 2000?!?!?!
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Also don't see where it says Jessica answers phones in a call center
Old 11-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #7
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Gee, did OnStar charge you $9.95 for almost calling them?

And if I remember my time at GM customer service, if Jessica is driving a Camaro as her Avatar states, it is a very old beat up one, or not hers or just " a fib".

Most Customer Service people at GM call centers make but $12 hr or less, but you set me straight there Jessica, if that is your real name. When I was there in 99-00, I first started at a whopping $10hr for 30days training then climbed into the new tax bracket of $11hr or $22,800yr, ugh. Luckily I was just doing an internship for my MBA so I spent more time making time with the pretty CSR girls whenever I could.

The subcontractor at the time which just took over customer service for GM (Sitel, or SitHELL) as we called them, was impressed with my GM knowledge and wanted me to stay as a "crew leader" or whatever it was called. It paid $40k a year, as a salaried position, which meant 55hrs a week. Lucky for me I got a job elsewhere starting at $65k and never looked back.

Not sure who is running GM's customer service, last I heard it was IBM as GM used all their software, but who knows. Maybe Jessica can chime in on that.

I hate OnStar more than anything. Jessica if you could please ask them to stop calling me inside my car, that would be swell.

There you are.

Thank you.
Get over it and quit being pissed off at the world. Why share such negative info, just keep it to your self.

I personally have enjoyed and used OnStar in the past and have it on all 3 of my cars.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
tonyko1
Banned

Better pissed off than pissed on. Okay, no more negativity, the truth is all relative anyways, where perceptions are often reality.

OnStar is awesome, it is like the big blue light of security, knowing it is always there to bail you out when you just can't figure it out for yourself.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Btw happy I worked for the Canadian Sitel around the same time, we answers calls for American customers of Cox Communications and made $15 an hour lol.

There some great pictures for BBOMG4 this year their parking lot party was held in the Sitel parking lot, so I guess it is possible to have a Camaro there
Old 11-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
tonyko1
Banned

To stay positive, I can state all of this for my time with Sitel, even though I almost type SitHELL by habit.

Anyways, it was mindless work, and I did meet a lot of hot young women that I hooked up with as much as I could. I also did learn how to work around CRM's when I call for any kind of discrepancy. In fact, just got $45 knocked off my cable bill by bamboozling the call center person with multi-syllable words and such.

Also, I used the experiences there at Sitel for a "bad job" presentation/white paper for my MBA class and it went over well, had the whole cohort rolling in the seats, including the Prof.

Lastly, not sure how you can afford a new Camaro on $15hr or $31k a year, but I guess anything is possible. I paid cash for mine but I am a lucky person. Now that is a positive thing.

Thank you.

Tags
onstar, snow tires