Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

Old 06-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Scosche/Alpine kit wire harness swap!

If there is anyone who is using the Scosche kit with an Alpine head unit I would be willing to swap you harness's. I have the Alpine kit and it has an Alpine specific wire harness with it. I need the wire harness off the regular Scosche kit for my pioneer head unit.

The Alpine specific wire harness is almost the same except that it is already set up as a plug and play for an Alpine head unit. No splicing required, it is already set up to plug directly into an Alpine head unit.

I want to swap because the wires used for ALpine are different colors and in different locations, and I prefer to make it less complicated as I am wireing this up myself.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Funny, I'm actually ordering a INE-W957HD alpine headunit and schoche kit. Can you post a pic of this wiring harness for me?
Old 06-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
Cmlloveless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Funny, I'm actually ordering a INE-W957HD alpine headunit and schoche kit. Can you post a pic of this wiring harness for me?
I don't have any of mine because I am at work, but I attached an image from the web of the Alpine and the regular Scosche harness's. If you look close you will notice the differences. 1. The Scosche kit has some open ended wires and the Alpine does not (this is because it has the adaptor for an Alpine head unit already pre-wired). 2. The colors of the wires are different (The Alpine kit uses wire colors that match what is used for Alpine head units, the Scosche harness does not). 3. The Alpine unit is also pre-wired to accept the Alpine Sat radio unit that can be purchased seperately, or there is a cap that can simply cap off this part of the harness if you choose not to use Sat radio or your head unit already comes with it internally.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
Cmlloveless

The Alpine harness is on the left and the Schosche harness is on the right.