Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 05-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #57
Tanner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Lucky you! I ordered on 3/26 as an allotment Camaro and I was told it has not even been submitted to GM yet. The lady at Sands said that they can only submit a couple of Camaro's per week. Last Friday I was #9 out of 14 left to be submitted for all of the Sands in Phoenix.

By the way, Happy Birthday! Also welcome to the site. It looks like it was your first post.

Sands - Surprise
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #58
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
my dealer, lawley chevy in sierra vista, said he hopes that i have a VIN next week and i should take delivery in two weeks or so. The car before me got a vin a couple of days ago and is being shipped this week.
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:29 PM   #59
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I ordered from O'Reilly in Tucson, I was #8 last week, they can submit 2 per week, so the first part of June my order should go in, then Aug/Sept I'll will be driving my dream machine *

*if Chevy continues to build through the Bankruptcy.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:53 AM   #60
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
Lucky you! I ordered on 3/26 as an allotment Camaro and I was told it has not even been submitted to GM yet. The lady at Sands said that they can only submit a couple of Camaro's per week. Last Friday I was #9 out of 14 left to be submitted for all of the Sands in Phoenix.

By the way, Happy Birthday! Also welcome to the site. It looks like it was your first post.
Being lurking on this website for a while mostly reading since i didn't have anything to contribute (not much of a forum poster)

I started looking for a dealer around January and kept getting the "5K over MSRP only" crap, so i kept the faith till i found a dealer that was respectful to my questions and let me speak to the GM of the dealership. Thorobred turned out to be that dealer and the GM did my purchase personally.

Dealers that where A-holes to me in the months prior are:

Freeway chevrolet (A-holes)
Power chevrolet (going with the flow and looking for suckers i guess)
Van chevrolet (Not a suprise at all being North Snottsdale Dealer)
Courtesy Chevrolet (was supprised by this one since i bought my 2003 SilveradoSS from them)

Thorobred has been great since day one...Talk to John Simonson he is a VERY friendly and helpful guy.
DarricSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:30 AM   #61
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarricSS View Post
Being lurking on this website for a while mostly reading since i didn't have anything to contribute (not much of a forum poster)

I started looking for a dealer around January and kept getting the "5K over MSRP only" crap, so i kept the faith till i found a dealer that was respectful to my questions and let me speak to the GM of the dealership. Thorobred turned out to be that dealer and the GM did my purchase personally.

Dealers that where A-holes to me in the months prior are:

Freeway chevrolet (A-holes)
Power chevrolet (going with the flow and looking for suckers i guess)
Van chevrolet (Not a suprise at all being North Snottsdale Dealer)
Courtesy Chevrolet (was supprised by this one since i bought my 2003 SilveradoSS from them)

Thorobred has been great since day one...Talk to John Simonson he is a VERY friendly and helpful guy.

Was that Power Chevey in Peoria or off superstition? I ordered thru Power (Superstition) and they've been pretty good to me, I got MSRP there, the GM ordered it for me also and they have been real good to me even when I stop by and just shoot the breeze.
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #62
flagstaff

Drives: 2010SS CamaroEscalade SLK230
Arrowhead power chevrolet in Avondale
flagstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #63
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Just got a call from Courtesy!! They got 8 more allocations so my order is being submitted to GM!!! I was at Best Buy when I got the call and I was freaking out I was so excited!

From what I have heard GM accepts the orders the following week after they are submitted (around Tuesday) so I should be at event code 2000 next week. Looking at approximately a mid-June delivery now. I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #64
Brooksw

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM #9424
Talked with John at Thorobred today to check my status and he says it shows that it is ready to ship! He says that the event code shows 4800, but maybe it was 4B00. You can check out the timeline in my sig below.
2SS/RS CGM #9424
K&N CAI, SuperChips Tuner, AP Cat Back Exhaust
Brooksw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #65
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
I ordered through David Blankinship at Courtesy. They weren't dickish to me at all. $500 deposit; MSRP, in writing and signed. This is my first experience with them. I figured I would try them first, as I can walk to the dealership from my house. It's only three blocks. On May 15, and again on the 18th, they had a customer's 2/SS RS out front so I got to sit in it. I think he was surprised that I wanted to see how big the trunk and its opening were, as well as how the back seat folds down. I will be using this as a work car and transport samples of things, so that was important to me.

I have no idea when mine will start to move, and I'm in no particular hurry, either. It gets here when it gets here. Nice to hear Courtesy got more allocations, though.

Should be fun to get together with some of you when we can all show off our rides. Cruise Central, like the "old days."

I've already planned my first out-of-town drive: Beeline Highway to Payson and back. I love those long sweepers where the highway crosses over itself. They were always good on my high performance street bikes, and I expect no less with the LS.

Another good one is the hill into Yarnell. Also going to have to run it up South Mountain, just because it's tradition with me.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant

Last edited by JohnnyBfromPeoria; 05-21-2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Spelling
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #66
DevilKnightFalcon

Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
I ordered through David Blankinship at Courtesy. They weren't dickish to me at all. $500 deposit; MSRP, in writing and signed. This is my first experience with them. I figured I would try them first, as I can walk to the dealership from my house. It's only three blocks. On May 15, and again on the 18th, they had a customer's 2/SS RS out front so I got to sit in it. I think he was surprised that I wanted to see how big the trunk and its opening were, as well as how the back seat folds down. I will be using this as a work car and transport samples of things, so that was important to me.

I have no idea when mine will start to move, and I'm in no particular hurry, either. It gets here when it gets here. Nice to hear Courtesy got more allocations, though.

Should be fun to get together with some of you when we can all show off our rides. Cruise Central, like the "old days."

I've already planned my first out-of-town drive: Beeline Highway to Payson and back. I love those long sweepers where the highway crosses over itself. They were always good on my high performance street bikes, and I expect no less with the LS.

Another good one is the hill into Yarnell. Also going to have to run it up South Mountain, just because it's tradition with me.

John B.
Dave is a great guy! He is the one I ordered from and the one who called me yesterday to let me know what GM has pulled my order . What number in line are you?

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 05-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #67
SSRider

Drives: Black 2SS RS M6
Arizona SS Delivered at Van Chevrolet

I ordered my Blk/Blk 2SS RS Polished Rims around the first of May. The order is currently at 3300 status. My son is a sales person at Van Chevrolet in Scottsdale. My "guesstimated" time of delivery is the end of July . Van has a Camaro (Silver/Blk V6) on the showroom floor and they delivered a blk/blk 1SS w/orange hockey stripes about a week ago. I was able to pop over to the dealership and see it before they delivered it.
SSRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #68
Tanner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Congrats and welcome to the forum! I wish my son worked at a dealership, maybe then I would not be sitting in 1100 limbo. He must have put a priority on your order for you to be sitting at 3300 already. I'm still at #8 in a list to be submitted to GM for Sands. It moves about one place per week. At this rate I'll be at 2000 by the end of July. I'll be lucky to see mine by October.

Sands - Surprise
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #69
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
@66, DevilKnightFalcon, I have no idea what place in line I am. He seemed a little hesitant to say. I can understand them not giving any special attention to an LS manual with only floor mats as an option, though. I haven't received any emails from him regarding my order, so I assume they don't have any allocation action for me right now. Fine. It'll come, eventually.

Unless you want to ask for me (J.K.). It's the only LS order they have taken.

Let me know when yours comes in and I'll hoof it on over to see it.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant

Last edited by JohnnyBfromPeoria; 05-21-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Addition
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #70
DevilKnightFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRider View Post
I ordered my Blk/Blk 2SS RS Polished Rims around the first of May. The order is currently at 3300 status. My son is a sales person at Van Chevrolet in Scottsdale. My "guesstimated" time of delivery is the end of July . Van has a Camaro (Silver/Blk V6) on the showroom floor and they delivered a blk/blk 1SS w/orange hockey stripes about a week ago. I was able to pop over to the dealership and see it before they delivered it.
If you are already at 3300 you should be coming in much earlier than end of July... i'd say more like mid June.