Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
Just installed Rx Iceolator and Plenum Spacer

Hey guys, just installed all the Rx insulator stuff. No CEL's (I pulled the battery) How long/many miles before the ecu relearns?

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
No break in required.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
JohnZ

I thought it took like 100 miles for the ecu to adjust and feel all the power

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

Old 09-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Sorry, misread your last sentance.

ECU may make minor adjustments but there is nothing you need to do: drive the car normally. What the ECU is learning is the exceptions to your driving patterns. If you normally drive under 2500 rpm all the time then the learn time is relatively quick. It's the occasional hard acceleration onto the the freeway or high speed pass that will take a couple of time for the ECU to learn all the conditions: percentage of throttle, load, speed, air temp, etc.

When I put mine on I backed the car out of the bay, drove about three blocks to see the low RPM response and lit 'em up.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:00 AM   #5
JohnZ

My butt dyno tells me there is more power, but I am not sure if it is as much as every one has been talking about. I installed the 1inch + plenum spacer + ported manifold. BTW could you hear the direct injection ticking more after the installation? I can.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Drive it easy for 30-50miles. You'll feel it more after that.

Was your engine cover off before this install? If not, I'd say that's why you can hear it better now.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
For me it took about 50km or so to feel the power kick in. I was punching it at every on ramp I could find.
It's not like your going to feel the extra 15-20rwhp but you'll notice things, for me, when I would shift into third, my rear end would kick out. If I punch it in first at 4500rpm. My rear end will kick out lol you'll notice it then that you certainly have more power then you expected.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
JohnZ

Hold on, I thought the ported manifold + 1inch spacer combination dyon'd a 33rwhp and 33 rwtq gain?

And, my engine cover was always on before the install, as well as the back part of the engine cover. I am surprised that it masked that much sound.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
Hold on, I thought the ported manifold + 1inch spacer combination dyon'd a 33rwhp and 33 rwtq gain?

And, my engine cover was always on before the install, as well as the back part of the engine cover. I am surprised that it masked that much sound.
That gain is versus a near stock setup and that is in the mid to upper mid rpms. At peak the gain is more like 20 or so rwhp if I remember correctly, which is still nice.

I agree with others...give it some more learning time. When I added my spacer, I saw my fuel times go a bit out of wack for a bit but after driving a few times I saw them come back in line again after the ECM learned what it needed to do.

You should notice the car seems to gain speed faster, or maybe run through the rpms a hair quicker, and other little "gotcha" moments. Turning the car into a seat pinning, head whip-lash is not what to expect....but it is indeed quicker/more powerful.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #10
JohnZ

Well I have definitley had a few "gotcha" moments. I can feel the difference in the pulling through the rpm range. I think it was harder to gague because the gains with the set up are through pretty much the entire range.