Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Disappointed with painted items I ordered

I ordered some painted items from a vendor on here and received them today after about a month. The time frame is not the issue as I knew they'd take a few weeks but I am disappointed with the paint quality. And after waiting nearly 5 weeks I would have expected much better.

The items all seem to have dust / particles in the paint, it's very noticeable and it would drive me nuts to have on the car. Is particles in the paint normal when ordering painted parts? Am I overreacting when I say that this is not quality i'd put on my car? I'm just curious if there is a level of imperfection that should be acceptable when ordering aftermarket painted parts?

I've written the vendor and do not want to say who it is right now, I'm hopeful this can be rectified to my satisfaction.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my AGM, 2SS/RS
Old 01-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
If professionally painted in a professional paint booth, there should be no dust. And if there is, it shoulda gotten cut and buffed out before you received it. Post some pics up if possible and we'll tell you how OCD you may or may not be haha.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
Sickness91Z28
Reaper Crew

Drives: Blown 2010 Camaro SS
I feel the same way. I expect a painted part to look top notch with no dirt or imperfections. Especially for some of the prices the vendors are selling painted parts for. I ended up sanding and buffing some of the parts that I received....which should have been done before my parts were shipped

2010 Camaro SS
SLP TVS2300 Blower, Blower Cam, Lingenfelter Heads, Meth Injected, 5lbs of Boost@700 BHP
Pedders XA Coilovers
Sickness91Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
Macfolk
J.T.

Drives: Camaro 2SS w/RS package, Imp. Blue
I had a custom bow tie and center caps done, and they are for the most part flawless and were received within a couple of weeks. I keep them shiny too.

Good luck,

Jason

Love this car!
Macfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #5
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
I would probably not accept the parts like that.

Just as a reference, I painted an entire car when I was 20. It was in my dads garage (dirty) and I had never painted before. I laid down 2 coats of epoxy primer, 2 base coats, and 2 clear coats, wet-sanding after each primer coat only. Other than the one drip I had on the hood, the entire car came out flawless. I didn't use super expensive paint or equipment either.

Long story short (too late, I know), if a 20yr old kid, who's never picked up a paint gun in his life, can do a little research and achieve a great paint job on the first try, there should be no reason a professional can't give you perfect parts. To ship something with the quality you described is just unprofessional. Don't accept it.

Just my 2 cents
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
If something is done professionally you should not see anything that looks like dust in the paint. Curious to see how the vendor will handle the situation.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #7
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Here are 2 pics, you can clearly see the issues. All 4 have similar issues.

I got a from the vendor, we are now trading pm's.

Mistakes happen, what's important is how the vendor handles it. I just want to be sure I am not overreacting (as I can be pretty particular)but the more I look at them I don't think I am.

Sent from my AGM, 2SS/RS
Old 01-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #8
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drives: 2010 VR/W 2SS/RS L99
Well, now we know who it is! That really looks bad.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #9
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8OPEC View Post
Well, now we know who it is! Looks bad.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #10
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
I agree. You are not overreacting. Those defects should not appear in a professional paint job, ESPECIALLY on small parts like that (which are easier to paint). Glad the vendor is willing to make it right!
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #11
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Alright guys, along with the bad comes the good. Vendor without question has agreed to fix them, that's how a good vendor handles issues like this.

My post was not to call the vendor out, just to make sure I was not overreacting. Shit happens and I'm sure they'll come back as we all expect.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #12
loliveira08

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
I wouldn't accept that!

The flaws are too obvious.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #13
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drives: 2010 VR/W 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Alright guys, along with the bad comes the good. Vendor without question has agreed to fix them, that how a good vendor handles issues like this.

My post was not to call the vendor out, just to make sure I was not overreacting. Shit happens and I'm sure they'll come back as we all expect.
Good to hear!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #14
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Alright guys, along with the bad comes the good. Vendor without question has agreed to fix them, that how a good vendor handles issues like this.

Figured as much, they are known for their quality and the reason I purchased from them.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote