Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #29
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Weird the guy who started this has pretty much gone silent.... I think he posted more to bitch than to actually get some help hard to say.......
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #30
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Weird the guy who started this has pretty much gone silent.... I think he posted more to bitch than to actually get some help hard to say.......
Or maybe he's just waiting for the tow and the work to get done? Then he can come back and say what the problem was, how it was fixed, etc.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #31
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
the first step before you do anything is backup your stock tune. you can't upload and backup at the same time.

one of my dealerships quoted me $100 to reprogram a module. tow it to the dealership
I'm fairly certain my SCT X4 won't even let you program a custom tune until you have uploaded a stock tune file.

It will also not allow you to update the handheld firmware unless your car is back on the stock tune, just in case anything goes wrong with the update. This way you are not stuck with a non-running car.

On top of all that, I will also make a copy of my stock tune and keep it on my PC. This way if the handheld croaks, I am not SOL.

Only time I have EVER had issues with my SCT was if my car battery was not fully charged. Even then, it simply fails to load the tune file to the ECM and rolls back to stock. But I do understand that shit happens and this doesn't always work out as planned. The tuner companies tell you NOT to use any of your car electronics, do not touch the windows, locks, stereo, turn off accessories, etc... when loading a tune.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI

Last edited by InFiD3ViL; 03-22-2018 at 01:01 PM.
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #32
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
Or maybe he's just waiting for the tow and the work to get done? Then he can come back and say what the problem was, how it was fixed, etc.
Yeah you may be right I just found it weird he didn't reply to some of the suggestions offered like actually talking to Diablsport and seeing if they could help him among a few suggested.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:01 PM   #33
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I'm fairly certain my SCT X4 won't even let you program a custom tune until you have uploaded a stock tune file.

It will also not allow you to update the handheld firmware unless your car is back on the stock tune, just in case anything goes wrong with the update. This way you are not stuck with a non-running car.

On top of all that, I will also make a copy of my stock tune and keep it on my PC.

Only time I have EVER had issues with my SCT was if my car battery was not fully charged. Even then, it simply fails to load the tune file to the ECM and rolls back to stock. But I do understand that shit happens and this doesn't always work out as planned. The tuner companies tell you NOT to use any of your car electronics, do not touch the windows, locks, stereo, turn off accessories, etc... when loading a tune.
Yup agreed on all points. I have found and done the same. It asks you to save your stock tune initially before anything else not to mention you need the stock files for the Custom tune if going that route anyways as a starting point for the tuner. I have all my tune files saved on my PC and burnt on a CD as well.

I have had mine freeze once or maybe twice. I called Steve in a panic once and he said just unplug and do it again and all was fine.

I don't how Diablos work though....

Last edited by qcman; 03-22-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #34
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I do own a Diablo Intune that I initially used to tune my ride before the dyno. Now I just use it to read codes or clear codes as needed.

A similar issue happened where the DIABLO TUNE was being uploaded, and then there was an error. All I did was reflash back to the Stock Tune (which initially had no trouble uploading), then attempted to re-write the DIABO TUNE and it worked without issue.

That was the only issue I had... I do remember being able to pull files when I plugged the unit into USB/PC... thus my thought on the fix.

I wonder though, could someone send you a 'stock tune' file, you upload that to the DIABLO, and try to see if you can re-write that tune? Hmmm.... might not work due to certain coding, but at this point I'd try anything if that was my situation.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #35
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
What's the cost for a dealer to flash it back to stock?
Old 03-22-2018, 04:53 PM   #36
ZeroC

Drives: 18 2SS LT4 Top
had the same issue with my intune ....took diablo a month to get it back running ...even with my stock files backed up
ZeroC is offline   Reply With Quote