Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #183
silver surfer ZL1

Drives: 2013 silver ZL1
I have also have had a horrible experience with this company
I will never order any of their products period, nor would I recommend any to go through the same process I had to go through.....
I ordered an RX catch can specifically for my ZL! Camaro on 4-18-13
I picked up the car a week later hoping to have the part here when I got the car.
When ordered I was told it was going to be a one week turn around because I ordered one in silver ice metallic.

I waited 15 days before I decided to call, because I was supposed to get confirmation of it shipping, I did not receive anything. She let me know that they are exactly ten days behind, I let her know to call me as soon as this ships.

For the next few weeks I called back every ten days to figure out what was going on. I kept getting the same answer (our supplier has fallen way behind) the lead time to receive these is 10 days + paint application time.

So now months have gone by (3 months) still have not received anything!!! Got in contact with her again for the final time, she was still giving me the same answer- 10 days out- you are still at the front of the line.... I then said you need to get your stuff together and at this point I need to be issued a refund rather then wait another couple months....... she was fine with that and told me that she would issue that right away and apoligized..... that was 6-24-13

surprise surprise I have NOT received a refund----So now I am forced to go through my bank to take affirmative action in order to get my refund...

SO I URGE YOU TO THINK TWICE BEFORE ORDERING ANY ITEM FROM RX PERFORMANCE !!!!

THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE!!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #184
rozay

Drives: camaro 2LS LFX A6
Shouldve went with the UPR CC $98 and does the job just as good or better and no wait time
Old 07-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #185
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozay View Post
Shouldve went with the UPR CC $98 and does the job just as good or better and no wait time
How are they better than an RX can?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #186
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver surfer ZL1 View Post
I have also have had a horrible experience with this company
I will never order any of their products period, nor would I recommend any to go through the same process I had to go through.....
I ordered an RX catch can specifically for my ZL! Camaro on 4-18-13
I picked up the car a week later hoping to have the part here when I got the car.
When ordered I was told it was going to be a one week turn around because I ordered one in silver ice metallic.

I waited 15 days before I decided to call, because I was supposed to get confirmation of it shipping, I did not receive anything. She let me know that they are exactly ten days behind, I let her know to call me as soon as this ships.

For the next few weeks I called back every ten days to figure out what was going on. I kept getting the same answer (our supplier has fallen way behind) the lead time to receive these is 10 days + paint application time.

So now months have gone by (3 months) still have not received anything!!! Got in contact with her again for the final time, she was still giving me the same answer- 10 days out- you are still at the front of the line.... I then said you need to get your stuff together and at this point I need to be issued a refund rather then wait another couple months....... she was fine with that and told me that she would issue that right away and apoligized..... that was 6-24-13

surprise surprise I have NOT received a refund----So now I am forced to go through my bank to take affirmative action in order to get my refund...

SO I URGE YOU TO THINK TWICE BEFORE ORDERING ANY ITEM FROM RX PERFORMANCE !!!!

THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE!!!!
I completely agree. RX will have to do a complete turnaround before I even consider buying anything from them. It is really a shame what's happening to the business because the products are pretty good; regardless of whether they makes them themselves or has another shop make them.

I think Tracy's acct on this board has been suspended and I would suspect it is because of what's going on with his business. It appears to be going down in flames. Sad...
Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #187
SWAG1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE
I love paypal...RX is refunding the my money to my acct. Hopefully that process is somewhat smooth. Elite here I come!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #188
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
How are they better than an RX can?
Well for a start they probably send the item when they take your money...
Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #189
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Well for a start they probably send the item when they take your money...
That didn't answer my question one bit.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #190
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
That didn't answer my question one bit.
You're missing the point though

I don't think anybody doubts they have a good product - but nobody will care about that If they continue running the business as they are now.

The RX is a very comparable can to the Elite one - but purchasing the elite can doesn't bring with it all of the horror stories referenced in this thread - if you weren't connected to RX because they are working on your car, I don't think you would be defending them.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #191
family man

Drives: .
Quote:
if you weren't connected to RX because they are working on your car, I don't think you would be defending them.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #192
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Quote:
You're missing the point though

I don't think anybody doubts they have a good product - but nobody will care about that If they continue running the business as they are now.

The RX is a very comparable can to the Elite one - but purchasing the elite can doesn't bring with it all of the horror stories referenced in this thread - if you weren't connected to RX because they are working on your car, I don't think you would be defending them.
You missed my point. I wanted to know what makes that can better than the RX, I didn't need anymore of the same old "down with RX" comments. What makes it better...?

Also how is it defending when I was wondering myself? It was a simple question. You just sound like a troll or some sort of flame bait.... Did I even ask you first about which can was better? I can't remember after this stupid exchange over a simple question. =)
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #193
Mechman108

Drives: '12 Camaro LS M6, '16 Lexus IS200T
I have attempted to contact RX performance for the last 3 days with no response. I also called them twice last week and left messages.

... looks like I am going with Elite.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #194
Ice992
Semper Fi

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
The can I received had no issues, other than time like many others here.

Again, fully agree with everyone that the product is awesome. I ordered 4/1/2013. After many many emails week after week, I received my can 6/7/2013.

Ready to live life on your terms?

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Old 07-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #195
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Wow, 2 months for a can? That's insane

Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 07-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #196
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Will RX make a return to the forums, or is this a lifetime ban?

Closed Thread