Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #29
Bumblebee SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
It took about 3 weeks to do the kit, between welding parts that should have already been there, running back and forth from the hardware store. I have chuck from chucks lsx tuning doing it for me through logging and couldnt be happier with as much as hes helping. When i get back on the dyno I will post the sheet, the 580 is afr around 11.5 on a street tune, been really busy to get on the dyno. I was on the dyno before but now that i got a new wastegate and can get lower then 12psi i have to go back on the dyno, when on it last week to see my numbers and load up the rollers and got a good afr. so probally gonna go on the dyno after the injectors and run 7psi and final tune it.
oo and i forgot to put the wategate in the review but i got a defective wastegate from them and no one whats to do anyhting about it so I bought another one and now dont have problems no more

Originally Posted by speedmon
But I would let Bumblebee install a Turbo on my car any day.....
So BB if you want to come to CA for a vacation, I gotta air-conditioned garage, a pool, Barbque, bar with fridge and I know some chicks who will absolutely destroy you....
Bumblebee SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:43 AM   #30
Bumblebee SS

So BB if you want to come to CA for a vacation, I gotta air-conditioned garage, a pool, Barbque, bar with fridge and I know some chicks who will absolutely destroy you....
Old 06-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #31
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
Mike I'd stick with it the cars a beast sucks you had to go through all this though
Car made great power at 5 psi
What brand dyno ?
If you want a closer look at the turbonetics kit just let me know well meet up

You did a great job getting the kit in brother
Old 06-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #32
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
The turbonetcis kit would have been an easier install for you than the bananas that put mine in, still straightening it out but it was complete ,
Also bro its smaller turbo than what you have
Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #33
Bumblebee SS

Mike i told you i would do your install and tune and you would have been a-ok. we can always pop a bigger snail on it too later-on. im just mad still that i bought a bolt on kit and had to fabricate alot. and all i got was put on hold or an ooo-well. and i was on a mustang awd dyno

Old 06-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #34
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee SS View Post
Mike i told you i would do your install and tune and you would have been a-ok. we can always pop a bigger snail on it too later-on. im just mad still that i bought a bolt on kit and had to fabricate alot. and all i got was put on hold or an ooo-well. and i was on a mustang awd dyno
Did u add a boost controller? I want to fabricate mines to go with my lts! i know it can and will be done

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #35
Bumblebee SS

yea i have my aem tru boost, works amazing, ive had them on 2 other of my boosted cars, i like them over other because they communicate with the aem wide band and aem meth kit so if something goes into fault the boost controller turns off and runs off of wastegate spring pressure

Old 06-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #36
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
yea i have my aem tru boost, works amazing, ive had them on 2 other of my boosted cars, i like them over other because they communicate with the aem wide band and aem meth kit so if something goes into fault the boost controller turns off and runs off of wastegate spring pressure
Nice...after seeing mikes car i really want a turbo..it looks to be pretty easy to install..not to bad atleast.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #37
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
It took about 3 weeks to do the kit, between welding parts that should have already been there, running back and forth from the hardware store. I have chuck from chucks lsx tuning doing it for me through logging and couldnt be happier with as much as hes helping. When i get back on the dyno I will post the sheet, the 580 is afr around 11.5 on a street tune, been really busy to get on the dyno. I was on the dyno before but now that i got a new wastegate and can get lower then 12psi i have to go back on the dyno, when on it last week to see my numbers and load up the rollers and got a good afr. so probally gonna go on the dyno after the injectors and run 7psi and final tune it.
oo and i forgot to put the wategate in the review but i got a defective wastegate from them and no one whats to do anyhting about it so I bought another one and now dont have problems no more
Yea F that company. I saw a car with there kit that was having a bunch of issues at the shop 6 months ago. I'm glad you were able to get everything to work out it just sucks you had to pay that much money and "still have to get stuff to work out".
Old 06-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #38
Bumblebee SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
Yea F that company. I saw a car with there kit that was having a bunch of issues at the shop 6 months ago. I'm glad you were able to get everything to work out it just sucks you had to pay that much money and "still have to get stuff to work out".
i wish i had known before i bought the kit on all these problems and i wish i knew other people had problems too so its not just me

Old 06-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #39
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
there probably in the review section lol. just messin with ya. I agree that's kinda how I feel about the ls9r clutch, but worst because when I bought it everyone said it was the best thing since sliced bread
Old 06-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #40
Colby627

Drives: 2010 2SS LSA-S/C 6.6 L
Well guys, just my two cents worth, I have what sounds like the exact same set up from fastlane (aem tru boost controller, aem air/fuel gauge, aem meth injection, zl1 extended tip turbo kit with a phase 2 comp cam, dual fuel pumps, and no issues whatsoever, it runs like a.dream, 17,000 miles on the turbo kit and still hauling a$$. It is a kick a$$ kit with no maintenance issues. Who hasn't ordered something by mail order and have something shorted? No reason to blast the company, patience is a virtue, anytime I need guidance from those guys, they always return calls, emails, or text messages. In the end, great product and great customer service for me. BTW- play with it a bit and you will see 650 rwhp on 9 psi......& fastest 5th gen camaro at the Texas mile in October 2011,,, 178.1 mph. (With the stock clutch)

Last edited by Colby627; 06-11-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Colby627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #41
Bumblebee SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby627 View Post
Well guys, just my two cents worth, I have what sounds like the exact same set up from fastlane (aem tru boost controller, aem air/fuel gauge, aem meth injection, zl1 extended tip turbo kit with a phase 2 comp cam, dual fuel pumps, and no issues whatsoever, it runs like a.dream, 17,000 miles on the turbo kit and still hauling a$$. It is a kick a$$ kit with no maintenance issues. Who hasn't ordered something by mail order and have something shorted? No reason to blast the company, patience is a virtue, anytime I need guidance from those guys, they always return calls, emails, or text messages. In the end, great product and great customer service for me. BTW- play with it a bit and you will see 650 rwhp on 9 psi......& fastest 5th gen camaro at the Texas mile in October 2011,,, 178.1 mph. (With the stock clutch)
i have email and call logs with no contact back. your talkin about mail orders being short parts? i ordered a kit thats nothing like the picture. Called them on missing parts and defective parts and they dont do anything about it. I bought the kit and put another 1000 into all the missing and defective parts. If its missing parts and someone calls they should send them out no problem but they didnt. I ordered this kit with 65lbs injectors and double checked with the before it shipped out and still got 50lbs injectors and they want 550 more for the injecters i ordered till they get the WRONG ones back. I done turbonetics kits and I GOT EVERYTHING i ordered in the kit. if you get a turkey sandwich with cheese and they forgot the turkey would you be mad? sorta like this kit

Old 06-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #42
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Yeah I would be, and I think you posted it in the right section

Tags
fastlane, fastlane turbo, fastlaneturbo, fastlaneturbo review, fastlaneturbo.com