Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #15
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Front sway brackets 15 ft. lb.
rear sway brackets 15 ft. lbs.
end links front and rear 22 ft. lbs.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #16
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
As mj posted 5 seconds before me......LOL Same same
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #17
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
im waiting for pedders sway bars to come out. there are supposed to be 3 sets coming out.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #18
Jchaluja

Drives: ZL1 Camaro
I am installing mine this weekend
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #19
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I had the opportunity to have a set of lowering springs, sways and polyurethane bushings installed by PFADT Race Engineering for nothing if I'd let them borrow my car for six days. I didn't do it and now I'm kicking myself for it! I wish I could tell you, but I can't
Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #20
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
ADMBLT Just got finished with ours

I just got our car finished today -
F-INNN AWESOME

Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #21
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I had the opportunity to have a set of lowering springs, sways and polyurethane bushings installed by PFADT Race Engineering for nothing if I'd let them borrow my car for six days. I didn't do it and now I'm kicking myself for it! I wish I could tell you, but I can't
define 'borrow'....
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #22
CRUSHER2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
So all I can say is, PFADT RACE ENGINEERING is the only way to go if you want the best ride, handling and look for your 2010 Camaro.

Just installed, the PFADT drop springs, and the Sport Sway bar / balance bar package, front & rear. This is a fantastic feat of engineering. Forget the term sway bar, this car is now balanced to perfection. This car is a whole new car with a whole new ride, I can’t believe the responsiveness and handling. This new and improved Camaro, with the new PFADT suspension is definitely a point and shoot……then you better hang on. You turn the wheel and the car is there, no roll, no twist, ………can you say freight-train on rails. Cornering is absolutely amazing. With the car 1” – 1 ¼ lower the body roll is almost non existent the car sits down and hugs the road like it should. The tires are on the ground and this car sticks, no sliding and you have more rubber to the road. The ride is very impressive and no problem as a DD (daily driver) Fantastic ride!!! Even with it lowered!! I can truly say I am now definitely PFADT and happy.

I guess all I need now it your complete poly bushing set, trailing arms, strut tower brace and I’ll be ready for the track…………

To everyone at PFADT Race Engineering I say thank you!!!! You have out done yourself with the engineering and design of these suspension mods…….. Keep up the good work!!! I’ll be watching and impatiently waiting as you release more products for the 2010 Camaro.
Current mods: Corsa CAT back ADM CAI PFADT Lowering springs, PFADT Sport Balance bars front & Rear.

(see pics @)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45506
CRUSHER2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #23
LightningSS

Drives: WAS '10 SS IBM, NOW '14 BRM ZL1
I got the Pfadt sway bars a couple weeks ago, and got the rear one in easy the same day. But, I couldn't get the front one out. So I finally got around to trying to get the front sway bar replaced this weekend. Here's how the process went:

1) gaining access (both front tires off), 20 minutes

2) trying to get the original out, 2 hours

3) trying to decide if I want to permanently cut something off my new $36k car, 45 minutes

4) cutting the b1tch out, 1 hour (don't ask, lack of proper tooling)

5) installing new bar, 30 seconds

6) close-up, 20 minutes

Moral: Don't screw around trying to get the original out, cut it. The new one goes in so easy it's not worth worrying about.

I'll follow up later with comments on the new handling.
LightningSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #24
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Well people keep hyping these bars I might need to get a set.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #25
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningSS View Post
I got the Pfadt sway bars a couple weeks ago, and got the rear one in easy the same day. But, I couldn't get the front one out. So I finally got around to trying to get the front sway bar replaced this weekend. Here's how the process went:

1) gaining access (both front tires off), 20 minutes

2) trying to get the original out, 2 hours

3) trying to decide if I want to permanently cut something off my new $36k car, 45 minutes

4) cutting the b1tch out, 1 hour (don't ask, lack of proper tooling)

5) installing new bar, 30 seconds

6) close-up, 20 minutes

Moral: Don't screw around trying to get the original out, cut it. The new one goes in so easy it's not worth worrying about.

I'll follow up later with comments on the new handling.
LOL...yeah..removing the front bar is an exercise in patience...reminding of one of these puzzles:

Sorry it gave you such a fit!
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #26
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I almost had that same "cutting" idea! It was a bear to get the front OEM bar out! I almost gave up. Turning the wheels all the way to the left (I think) helped a lot...the new bars went in very easy.

The rear OEM bar did not come out without the removal of my Zoomers exhaust. Also, the Zoomers can comes too close to the rear differential oil removal plug, so that will be another issue when I change the rear oil :(

Did some aggressive back road driving Sat & Sun - she rides on rails now! Love it! As soon as I can afford the lowering springs - and the $ to have them installed - that's my next mod!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #27
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Pfadt Install

Probably one of the easiest Installs I have ever done.

Some here have not had the pleasure of working on hard vehicles yet..Good job guys at GM and pfadt.

Andy
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote