Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 12-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #57
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Hey ya all!
I just had to catch up...I've just been busy and not on the PC much lately, unless shopping for those Christmas presents!
I'm down to 4 more ups and then 2 whole weeks off! Yes, baby, this girl is going to sleep in till 6:30am EVERYDAY! (that is sleeping in, since I'm up at 4:30!) I checked my OT for the year, a whopping 290 hours, I'm very ready for some down time. OK catching up on housework and tons of baking to do....but it's not "work"
Things are going well, both boys did very well in their last quarter. My son, actually, for the first time in his schooling career, hit 4.0's!
Daily weather report: 43 degrees and raining. Not looking like a white Christmas this year

Old 12-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #58
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Send a message via Yahoo to hotrodsally
For Monday Music Videos are 3 selections from my favorite Christmas Movie, "Love Actually."

Viva Las Vegas!
hotrodsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #59
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Well, coming to you from the Great White North....

Old 12-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #60
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
MAGGIE! It's so good to see you here. I thought you had abandoned us. Please don't stay away so long again. Please. Tell the boys congrats for their hard work on their schooling. (Tell that older one he owes me a couple of replies to PM's I've sent). You get some well deserved rest, but don't be so long in checking in.

Linda, I haven't seen the movie "Love Actually". But those three vids you posted make me want to see it. So, it's on my list now. It actually looks like it might be a tear jerker.

Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #61
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Jay, I think you'll find it enjoyable. I do.

Viva Las Vegas!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #62
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Thanks Linda. Happy Hump Day everyone!
Old 12-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #63
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Hey Jay, I'll try and pop in a little more. Somedays I have time, some days, not so much
Well, I know 2 of the gifts that Santa brought me....one is posted on the Synergy Green Camaro thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...69778&page=111

Speaking of movies, my son recommends "Frozen". Maybe I'll take Gary out on a date and go see it....
We have been watching "Being Human". For a Canadian show, it's pretty awesome . Then I'm going to have to watch the UK version... things to do over my Christmas break.
Have a great day, and yeah, this IS hump day!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #64
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Hey Jay, I'll try and pop in a little more. Somedays I have time, some days, not so much
Well, I know 2 of the gifts that Santa brought me....one is posted on the Synergy Green Camaro thread

Speaking of movies, my son recommends "Frozen". Maybe I'll take Gary out on a date and go see it....
We have been watching "Being Human". For a Canadian show, it's pretty awesome . Then I'm going to have to watch the UK version... things to do over my Christmas break.
Please do pop in as often as you can. It seems like everyone except Linda has abandoned me. I'm here nearly every day. I had to take the ladies to the theater last night. The night before that was my wife's company Christmas party. The night before that was a church Christmas music performance that my wife desperately wanted to go to. But tonight I get some well deserved rest.

I've never heard of "Being Human". We probably can't get it here unless we had cable or dish (which we don't). I've also been told "Frozen" is good. Doesn't look like I'll have any time to see it before Christmas. I also want to see "Gravity" some day..... maybe when it's out on DVD.

You all have a great Christmas. Hope to talk to you between now and then.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #65
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Happy hump day all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

More Toys!!! Cool. I love toys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
Please do pop in as often as you can. It seems like everyone except Linda has abandoned me. I'm here nearly every day. I had to take the ladies to the theater last night. The night before that was my wife's company Christmas party. The night before that was a church Christmas music performance that my wife desperately wanted to go to. But tonight I get some well deserved rest.

I've never heard of "Being Human". We probably can't get it here unless we had cable or dish (which we don't). I've also been told "Frozen" is good. Doesn't look like I'll have any time to see it before Christmas. I also want to see "Gravity" some day..... maybe when it's out on DVD.

You all have a great Christmas. Hope to talk to you between now and then.
Hi Jay! If it's any consolation, I only caught a snippet of "Being Human" one time. It looked pretty good but I lost track of it with all the other stuff going on; I'm not a DVR person because I never get around to watching what I recorded - not even back in the VCR days, which, can you believe, is 30 years since it became a popular consumer product?

Viva Las Vegas!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #66
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

2013 SUX!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #67
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

If it's any consolation, it's almost over. What's going on?

Viva Las Vegas!
Old 12-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #68
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsally View Post
If it's any consolation, it's almost over. What's going on?
Can we just kiss it goodbye and be done with it???
I don't want to publish a laundry list. Let's just say my wife and I have done our part to support the medical industry this year. Single handedly!
However, the latest shoe to drop is this......
About two weeks ago we had a pretty good snowstorm here. No big deal. It happens nearly every year. It snowed off and on for 3 days. There is an older couple that belong to our church (they are both in their 80’s). They still work. They own and operate a very, very small newspaper in a little suburb of Salt Lake. So, coming home from work one day during the 3 day storm they slid off the road and into a concrete barrier. The airbags deployed and broke the driver’s nose. His wife suffered a cracked sternum. But it bent axles on both ends. Their little pickup was totaled. But, they don’t have enough income to purchase comprehensive car insurance, just liability. So, there is no money to replace the truck. It was their only vehicle. So, one of our church leaders sent out an email asking if anyone could help transport them to work and back.
Since, my brother passed away last spring I have two pickup trucks parked at my house. So, I called and offered that this cute old couple could drive my little pickup and I would drive my brother’s truck.
Yesterday, on their way home from their work they pulled to a stop behind another car that was waiting for the lights and barrier at a railroad crossing. Some young lady, talking on her cell phone, was not paying sufficient attention and rear-ended them. It knocked them into the car in front of them. So, there is pretty severe damage on the back end of my truck and a little damage on the front.
Now, I have to go thru all the fun of dealing with the insurance co. of the “at fault” driver, getting repair estimates, getting the repairs done and paid for, etc. Any work that I miss due to all this is unpaid since I’m just part time.

Can we just move on to 2014 please?
Old 12-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #69
hotrodsally
The Legend Lives On

Ouch, sure has the feel of no good deed goes unpunished.

Sorry to hear. I hope your church does something to help you out.

Do you have laws prohibiting cell phone use by drivers (other than hands-free) in UT like here in NV?

I ask, because despite the laws here, I see drivers routinely yapping or texting while driving.

Viva Las Vegas!
Old 12-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #70
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsally View Post
Ouch, sure has the feel of no good deed goes unpunished.

Sorry to hear. I hope your church does something to help you out.

Do you have laws prohibiting cell phone use by drivers (other than hands-free) in UT like here in NV?

I ask, because despite the laws here, I see drivers routinely yapping or texting while driving.
Here in Utah, texting while driving is illegal. But yakking on the phone is still legal. But, I see people texting while stopped at a light all the time. They think they are legal cause they are not actually "driving" at the moment.

Internet is down at my house. So I can only get online at work. After today we won't be working till Jan 2nd. I may have to go to my mother-in-laws house to get on the internet. How in the world am I gonna sign up for Obamacare if my internet is down?????