Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-11-2017, 05:31 PM   #1
Angel23

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS m6
Header install and tune complete!

Last week I installed a set of tsp 1 7/8 longtubes with hi flow cats. Install was fairly easy on jackstands/rhino ramps. Had trouble getting the dipstick to sit flush against the head, but today I played around with it and it *seems* to be all set now.
Car is 2013 ls3 m6
-z28 cold air intake
-borla atak catback
-tsp 1 7/8 catted long tubes

With out a tune there was definitely a power increase. However, fuel economy was terrible, got rpm surging at certain rpm in certain gears and I was running very rich. Throttle was less linear than before. Since tsp deletes the rear o2 sensors completely, I had a check engine light and an overall rough running car. For my minor bolt ons I searched for a mail order tune.

I reached out to Ted at JRE and placed an order on Friday morning. Monday afternoon my sct tuner arrived and Ted’s tune arrived Tuesday morning. I did some research and realized that I inadvertently created my own version of the JRE 415 street package.
My impressions of the tune:
Check engine light is gone. Car runs very smooth. Throttle is very linear and responsive. Car just feels so much healthier. Not a huge increase in power based off the tune only, but a little boast in the upper rpms can definitely be felt. Waiting for the readiness monitors to reset then I can go for my over due emissions testing.

Overall extremely happy with the results. I would recommend JRE and if anyone is interested check out the packages he offers on his site. Had I know earlier I would have bought everything at once.

Would like to to see what kind of et and trap speed I can put down after the mods.
Angel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:43 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel23 View Post
Last week I installed a set of tsp 1 7/8 longtubes with hi flow cats. Install was fairly easy on jackstands/rhino ramps. Had trouble getting the dipstick to sit flush against the head, but today I played around with it and it *seems* to be all set now.
Car is 2013 ls3 m6
-z28 cold air intake
-borla atak catback
-tsp 1 7/8 catted long tubes

With out a tune there was definitely a power increase. However, fuel economy was terrible, got rpm surging at certain rpm in certain gears and I was running very rich. Throttle was less linear than before. Since tsp deletes the rear o2 sensors completely, I had a check engine light and an overall rough running car. For my minor bolt ons I searched for a mail order tune.

I reached out to Ted at JRE and placed an order on Friday morning. Monday afternoon my sct tuner arrived and Ted’s tune arrived Tuesday morning. I did some research and realized that I inadvertently created my own version of the JRE 415 street package.
My impressions of the tune:
Check engine light is gone. Car runs very smooth. Throttle is very linear and responsive. Car just feels so much healthier. Not a huge increase in power based off the tune only, but a little boast in the upper rpms can definitely be felt. Waiting for the readiness monitors to reset then I can go for my over due emissions testing.

Overall extremely happy with the results. I would recommend JRE and if anyone is interested check out the packages he offers on his site. Had I know earlier I would have bought everything at once.

Would like to to see what kind of et and trap speed I can put down after the mods.
Thank you for the feedback, other things to look for in the tune, No torque management, No skip shift, Fans on earlier for cooler running, Rev limit raised 200, speed limiter gone, and as you noticed fueling and timing are optimized for your combo, and no more codes caused by parts installed.

You can expect about 110-112 MPH in the quarter if you hit all your shift points and have a clean launch.

Tach is slower than engine in first gear so you may have to compensate so shift at 5800 then 6000 then 6200 on the tach which should put you around 6400 real RPM.

Log at the track for best performance, this way you can see exactly what you did and make adjustments as necessary.

Thank you for your business.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:22 PM   #3
ReaperLs3

Drives: 2011 Ls3 Camaro SS
im getting some headers installed this weekend and im going to need a tune, any suggestions?
ReaperLs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:25 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperLs3 View Post
im getting some headers installed this weekend and im going to need a tune, any suggestions?
Jannetty Racing custom tune via SCT X4 Sent over email

I tune your car in your driveway.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote