Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-18-2017, 11:48 PM   #1
dereklburt

Drives: 2006 Lotus Elise GM 3.6DI
LFX turbo swap in Lotus- Vehicle Speed Sensor hook up? Help

So I finally got my car going but I have not been able to get it properly tuned. It had an initial tune but the car would only rev to 4000rpm and up until now, I have had several people trying to figure it out but no one could. Granted, it already made 300whp and 300ft lbs of torque with a flat torque curve by 4000rpm but wouldn't rev any higher as the throttle was only about 1/4 open. So, the car has been sitting for going on 3yrs now trying to find someone to figure out what was wrong and how to tune it. Summer is not that long here in Michigan and I don't want to miss out on another.

Turns out, I don't have a Vehicle Speed Sensor and that is required in order to tune the 2013 Camaro 3.6L engine as it relies on the info for torque monitoring etc. You can't tune it out and the engine just can't tune it without a Vehicle Speed Sensor. The transmission I used (GM F-40 transaxle) does not have a VSS as the vehicles that the trans was used in received info from the ABS/ speed sensor to get VSS data to the engine computer. I understand that the Lotus Elise uses a similar set up off of the ABS system.

I have a friend that thought he might be able to get a signal from the Lotus speed sensor to the GM computer if I can get my hands on a wiring diagram for the Lotus but I do not know if the signal would be compatible? Are most VSS signals the same? I also want to make sure my ABS works and I wouldn't want to mess anything up with that.

Is there another/better way to get a VSS signal to my GM computer? I could sure use some assistance!

Thank you
dereklburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:04 AM   #2
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
I am not sure about what you are needing but you can take a look at the ISSPRO adjustable speed switch. I have used these on projects that do not have a VSS signal. Go to ISSPRO website and click on electronic tach & speedo accessories. There are a number of units that might fit your application. Hope this helps.

Last edited by alice; 03-20-2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: added info
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:34 PM   #3
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
You should be able to solve your VSS issue with one on these ISSPRO units. I have used them and they work. They are stand alone systems but you will have to mount a sensor on the output shaft or drive shaft. That will be the difficult part but not too bad. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote