Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-23-2017, 09:39 AM   #15
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
There's rarely left-over inventory of this caliber in my part of the country and in my experience buying used means buying someone else's junk. There is a dealer in Syracuse with a leftover '15 Z28 and they're asking just over $55k. Still a lot for an almost 3 year old car even if new.
Precisely, normally referred to as depreciation, but it's a personal choice and they will be available much cheaper.

Dealers can ask whatever they want and $55k is a good asking price on a $75k vehicle. My first offer would be $45k cash and negotiate from there as low mi comps are 40-43k.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:39 AM   #16
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what were you guys expecting to pay? A base ZL1 costs ~$60-62k. The Track Package on the ZL1 1LE adds another $7,500 and gets you upgrades that would cost much more to add on your own. We have to accept reality. Vehicle prices are outrageous. I get it. Gone are the days of buying a brand new full-size 4x4 for $6,000. Is $70k a lot? Certainly. Personally, I was expecting it to cost more, so I'm content with this price.
I agree. Steep price, sure, but definitely worth every penny for what you get. The car has super-car performance for a fraction of the price.
493HP/431TQ | Night Fury camshaft • Cold Air Inductions intake • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 Longtubes • Stainless Works retro catback • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Instagram | YouTube | Build Thread
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote