Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #71
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Mr. Lutz Sprung this picture on everybody...Remember in his original blog he said: "I can't show it yet...".

Well, all of a sudden it popped up. Good 'ole Bob, always surprising people...

And I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that...yeah this was a posed picture. That no they didn't make Ed hug the car, but that he did hug the car, and somebody said: "Do that again." Then they positioned it just right (by accident or not), and we just can't see the B-pillar. lucky us....

Also...anybody notice the door locks? You know...the shiny thing on the sill of the passenger door...rather than a plastic thingummy near the door handle... Thank you!!! I love it! :eek:
Old 10-17-2007, 03:32 PM   #72
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Don't underestimate them. Ed is standing there for a reason, if they covered one B Pillar, they would blur/black out the other.

I have no doubt that is a well designed teaser pic to keep the chatter going
But, at this point in time, when Bob Lutz and Scott have already admitted that there will be a b-piller, would be the purpose in hiding the b-pillar? If everyone already knows it's going to be there, why should they hide it? I mean, is it that far out that another car company (Dodge) could steal GM's idea and use it in the Challenger? I really don't know. I just think there's no reason in hiding it. Maybe, the person who posted the photo, PS'd it out for the heck of it to keep us guessing. Maybe it's there and we just can't see it. Who knows.....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:39 PM   #73
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Well, the way I figure it, the pillar on the passenger side should be right behind where that white rectangle is on the windshield.

The question is: Is the rectangle a sticker on the car, or a half-assed attempt the cover up the pillar? If you look closely, and use a lot of imagination, you can see a little black dot (darker than the rest of the door) on the door right on the corner where the edge of the door meets the edge of the white box. Could it be the corner of the pillar?
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:41 PM   #74
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I do see that "shiny" thing you are talking about. It could be a door lock. Personally, I don't mind either way they go w/ this. I'd rather not have a metal door lock on the side of the door. I'd rather have it plastic, that blends in w/ the inside of the door shell...or leather...either or, I don't mind. I just don't want it to be metal (cause that crap gets hot on your arm when you rest it on the door in the hot sun).
Old 10-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #75
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Triangle on roof w/ a dot connected to the bottom of it. Below that is a white rectange on the windshield. Behind that white rectange is where I think the pillar would go.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #76
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
yeah, I can see something dark right below the white rectangle on the windshield, and it looks positioned right where the b pillar could be. I can't tell whether the white rectangle is a real sticker on the windshield or if it is photoshopped in.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:33 PM   #77
theonlyoneleft

Drives: 1995 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to theonlyoneleft
Yeah I agree with tag. The b pillar looks like it should be right under that white rectangle reflection thing.
Attached Images

theonlyoneleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:58 PM   #78
Mr. Wyndham

Who said Geometry sucks? Nice, theonlyoneleft

btw...I was gonna use an acronym for your name...but it turned out to be TOOL...so I didn't.:eek:
Old 10-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #79
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Some one help me out. What is the deal with the white triangles? Some1, enlighten me?
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #80
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
They're meant to throw off people's perception and hide the lines of the car, same thing as leather/pleather masks that people put on the cars you see in spy shots.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:57 PM   #81
Mr. Wyndham

You gotta hand it to GM...they've got the bra's and the camo paint...If it wasn't for those tires, the dash, the rear haunches, the DLO (daylight openings - we don't say windows), and the fact that Ed Welburn is hugging it...I wouldn't have recognized it for Camaro. That paint job does a piece on your eyes...:eek:
Old 10-18-2007, 08:35 AM   #82
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlyoneleft View Post
Yeah I agree with tag. The b pillar looks like it should be right under that white rectangle reflection thing.
That is too far back for the B-Pillar. Ed is covering it up for sure.
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #83
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
That is too far back for the B-Pillar. Ed is covering it up for sure.
Yeah, I was looking at that too...I think the "x-axis geometry" is too far back on the "z-axis". But, if that's the case, then at least the base of the b-pillar on the passenger side should definitely be visible through the windshield.

Either way, good work with the 3-D axis.

I'm actually not convinced that the b-pillar isn't photoshopped out of the picture (based on what GM has said, I think it will be there, hidden, they aren't "lying" about it to throw everyone off). If you follow the top of the door forward (from the circled point on the geometry picture), you can see what I believe everyone has been referring to as the lock. I think it looks more like a "break" in the trim/seal. You know, right where the trailing edge of the door would meet the leading edge of the rear quarter.

Maybe not...just my thoughts.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:51 AM   #84
sdimess84

Drives: 1996 SS S10
I have no clue what you guys are talking about with the geometry, but the car still looks good. I cant wait to see the full thing
sdimess84 is offline   Reply With Quote