Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #211
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Exactly... the Injen is thin aluminum... Also it is quite long, reaching down into the cooler area under the engine bay...
So, if I am sitting at the drag strip, idling, the metal tube is maybe heat soaked more than the plastic tube, but once I launch the aluminum tube cools very quickly allowing the coldest air, thus providing more hp? Does that sound about right?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:19 AM   #212
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
So, if I am sitting at the drag strip, idling, the metal tube is maybe heat soaked more than the plastic tube, but once I launch the aluminum tube cools very quickly allowing the coldest air, thus providing more hp? Does that sound about right?
Actually i think the plastic tube will actually heat soak more! I think that the fact the Injen tube is so long and made of aluminum that it is more capable of dissipating heat than the shorter plastic tube... even when the car is not moving...

Here is my Injen after being parked for 20 minutes... Now watch how quickly the IAT comes down from just starting the car:

When I get some time I will repeat this experiment with a plastic tube..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #213
bng804

Drives: '10 Victory Red 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by efpardo View Post
In this picture....

It looks like you could delete the fog light and access some fresh air.
Hehe, I was thinking the same thing. I may look at fabricating some custom mesh inserts in place of the fog lights. My wife will never notice that the fog lights are gone, lol.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #214
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Thanks scrming, great info as always. This subject never gets old. Looking forward to the stock and airaid temp. comparison to the injen.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #215
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
WOW...that temp drops instantly. Thanks again for all your input and help.
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #216
D Vegas

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS VR,1978 VW BUG CV
did some modification to the front end for the airaid to allow more air to flow to the scoop

before

after
D Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #217
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Hydroshield

Ok, just got back from a short trip to the store driving in some heavy rain, minor puddles and draining water off the road surface. When I got back I put my hand up to check the hydrshield and was surprised at the amount of splashed water that was on the sock. I also looked down and saw water beads on the base where the elastic holds the shield in place.

So, I would recommend using the Hydroshield on the Injen filter. I may avoid the under carriage spray wash.

I feel confident that the Hydroshield does the job. Below is a review from Autoanything.

"I received my Injen Hydro Sheild for my cold air intake filter. I have not installed the new cold air intake on my car yet so have not yet had the pleasure to use it. However the product seems to be really high quality and seems to do what it states. I turned on the faucet of water and put my hand in the hydro sheild the water just repelled off of it. My hand stayed dry not a drop of water came through no matter how much water was dumped on it. Yet it allows air thru it like there is nothing there. Its pretty amazing product I look forward to using in on my new intake for my 06' Honda Civic Si."

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #218
Agent Atomic Orange

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bng804 View Post
Hehe, I was thinking the same thing. I may look at fabricating some custom mesh inserts in place of the fog lights. My wife will never notice that the fog lights are gone, lol.
I have been thinking about doing that as well. Should be pretty simple since I have an LS there are no fog lights. Would additional air flow to my Airaid help?

Airaid CAI (V2 Tube)/ Flowmaster American Thunder/ Barton Shifter Kit/ Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars/ Hotchkis Sport Springs/ AAC Lights/ GM Trim Kit/ Tint/ Pioneer Premier Champion Series Sub/ Pioneer 1500 Watt Amp
Agent Atomic Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:01 PM   #219
Agent Atomic Orange

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS IOM M6
[QUOTE=D Vegas;1629356]did some modification to the front end for the airaid to allow more air to flow to the scoop

I looked at that plastic sheild and scratched my head. It looks like it blocks air flow to the snorkle. Any guess why it is there?

Airaid CAI (V2 Tube)/ Flowmaster American Thunder/ Barton Shifter Kit/ Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars/ Hotchkis Sport Springs/ AAC Lights/ GM Trim Kit/ Tint/ Pioneer Premier Champion Series Sub/ Pioneer 1500 Watt Amp
Agent Atomic Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #220
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
Ok, just got back from a short trip to the store driving in some heavy rain, minor puddles and draining water off the road surface. When I got back I put my hand up to check the hydrshield and was surprised at the amount of splashed water that was on the sock. I also looked down and saw water beads on the base where the elastic holds the shield in place.

So, I would recommend using the Hydroshield on the Injen filter. I may avoid the under carriage spray wash.

I feel confident that the Hydroshield does the job. Below is a review from Autoanything.

"I received my Injen Hydro Sheild for my cold air intake filter. I have not installed the new cold air intake on my car yet so have not yet had the pleasure to use it. However the product seems to be really high quality and seems to do what it states. I turned on the faucet of water and put my hand in the hydro sheild the water just repelled off of it. My hand stayed dry not a drop of water came through no matter how much water was dumped on it. Yet it allows air thru it like there is nothing there. Its pretty amazing product I look forward to using in on my new intake for my 06' Honda Civic Si."
Good info! And good review on the hydroshield! And from what I can tell it has minimal impact on performance!

Thanks for post this!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #221
D Vegas

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS VR,1978 VW BUG CV
Im assuming it is to block leaves and what not from getting into the stock box, i have had it like this for a while and were getting tons of rain here in the NEast and it has been fine.
D Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #222
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Good info! And good review on the hydroshield! And from what I can tell it has minimal impact on performance!

Thanks for post this!
I would just like to get my hydroshield
Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 PM   #223
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Atomic Orange View Post
I have been thinking about doing that as well. Should be pretty simple since I have an LS there are no fog lights. Would additional air flow to my Airaid help?
I actually saw the Fog lights for the first time during daylight the other day, and I can't stand them. The yellow lights are so frikking ugly. Its either replacing them or putting tinted covers on them or maybe getting the Injen and use the light housing to work as a duct for the tube.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #224
reflexx

Drives: Corvette C7 Torch Red LT2
hey scrming ive been having a whistling sound since i installed mine, have u had any whistling sound? i checked the filter and refitted it and made sure it was on tight. i think its the pcv connector that might be loose i gotta check that out tomorrow.
reflexx is offline   Reply With Quote