Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maa107 View Post
^
not to come off as a fan boy or anythings but the iPhone is BY FAR the best phone I've had in my entire life sure its missing some SMALL things but what other phone competes against this phone?
NONE. I have one too and it would be like losing my right arm if I had to give it up or lost it...
Old 03-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #16
bng804

Drives: '10 Victory Red 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
Not an app, there's a plug in - basically a vbulletin skin - that is optimized for use on phones. It's just a stripped down version of the forum. I would LOVE to see this.
Yep, that's what we do on the vBulletin forums I run. All ya need is a mobile friendly style installed. Then, there is a plugin available on vbulletin.org that will automatically redirect mobile users to your mobile style. Really easy to set up and there are no apps or anything else needed.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #17
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
Quote:
^
not to come off as a fan boy or anythings but the iPhone is BY FAR the best phone I've had in my entire life sure its missing some SMALL things but what other phone competes against this phone?
HTC HD2, Nexus One, Motorola Droid, Nokia N97, Samsung I8910

I have used all of them and I have to say that while the iphone is a good phone, it really doesn't compare against these

There are a lot of even better phones out there, but they cost a lot more
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #18
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
Idk i guess its personal preference but I've tried the HTC HD2 and while they are cool phones i just think that the iPhone is better than what's out there because of what i use it for which is talking (obviously lol) texting MMS web and facebook. I sometimes just find it confusing when people say its a crap phone .....just my .02
Old 03-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #19
salsteeler

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RSS Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000v6 View Post

I have used all of them and I have to say that while the iphone is a good phone, it really doesn't compare against these

Well, whether or not the iPhone is the best phone out there is certainly debatable... I have one, and often contemplate going to one with a real keyboard, that can save files easier, etc. But - the point of this thread still remains the same - there are many plugins out there (tapatalk, touchbb, etc) that will work for not only the iphone, but androids, blackberrys, etc... So, my point wasn't really "solve this problem for iphone users" rather - "solve this problem for *mobile* users!"
salsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #20
2000v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsteeler View Post
Well, whether or not the iPhone is the best phone out there is certainly debatable... I have one, and often contemplate going to one with a real keyboard, that can save files easier, etc. But - the point of this thread still remains the same - there are many plugins out there (tapatalk, touchbb, etc) that will work for not only the iphone, but androids, blackberrys, etc... So, my point wasn't really "solve this problem for iphone users" rather - "solve this problem for *mobile* users!"
I definitely get where your coming from and I was just commenting on a single post not the whole thread.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #21
2000v6

Quote:
Idk i guess its personal preference but I've tried the HTC HD2 and while they are cool phones i just think that the iPhone is better than what's out there because of what i use it for which is talking (obviously lol) texting MMS web and facebook. I sometimes just find it confusing when people say its a crap phone .....just my .02
Of course it's not a crap phone, for 300 bucks (I paid so that I could use it prepaid and still have access to the internet, etc.) it's a pretty good smartphone. I'm just saying that there are other phones out there that are are technically better. But for the average everyday user that won't spend 500 or 600 dollars on a new cellphone, then the iphone fits that void perfectly. I mean not everybody needs a $600 phone that has an 8 megapixel camera, amo led screen and full hd, and that's kind of where the iphone fits right in.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #22
salsteeler

Quote:
Of course it's not a crap phone, for 300 bucks (I paid so that I could use it prepaid and still have access to the internet, etc.) it's a pretty good smartphone. I'm just saying that there are other phones out there that are are technically better. But for the average everyday user that won't spend 500 or 600 dollars on a new cellphone, then the iphone fits that void perfectly. I mean not everybody needs a $600 phone that has an 8 megapixel camera, amo led screen and full hd, and that's kind of where the iphone fits right in.
I hear ya... So, Moderators, what say you?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #23
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I already regularly post by iPhone. It's pretty amazing. I have no idea what I did with myself before the iPhone.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #24
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
Quote:

those other phones just seem too normal to me even if they do more than an iphone or look different. I don't know why, but they just seem normal

and salsteeler, you should ask Tran because this is a pretty good idea
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #25
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I already regularly post by iPhone. It's pretty amazing. I have no idea what I did with myself before the iPhone.

And DG, the iPhone records video now. Pretty good too. GTAs exhaust I got on my iPhone.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:15 AM   #26
salsteeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by n!ght r!der View Post
those other phones just seem too normal to me even if they do more than an iphone or look different. I don't know why, but they just seem normal

and salsteeler, you should ask Tran because this is a pretty good idea

Tran - I'll wait for a response, otherwise I will PM you ;-)
Old 06-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #27
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Any updates on this from the admins? It's almost unheard of to run a large vbulletin forum these days without at least the option to use a mobile version! This is the future! We need a faster mobile version! Please?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:59 AM   #28
jrcbandit

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I also would be greatly interested in Tapatalk support. It works with Iphone, Android, Nokia, and Blackberry which pretty much covers the smart phone market.

The tapatalk software is free and only takes 10 minutes to install according to their website. Would be fantastic if this was implemented.
jrcbandit is offline   Reply With Quote