Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 11-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #29
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
GREAT IDEA!
Look forward to hearing about it.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #30
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbucknum View Post
Well MisterCamaro69....I like all the ideas you are coming up with.

Let me give you one quick answer to the driver training vs car upgrades.

Driver training is by far the most important thing. I will say when you get proper driver training, you must upgrade your brakes. That is almost always the weakest link to driving a car hard and fast! There is nothing worse than loosing your brakes, just when you start wanting to push is harder to go faster....
Nothing like the smell of red hot brakes to wake you up! mmmm

That reminds me of another one ... "Leave yourself an out" ... something the last 4 cars in a 5 car pile-up could have used LOL

Required safety equipment and track rules/courtesy, what to expect your first time at the course...

What is an apex, off-camber, pushing, loose etc. road course terminology.

...N/A vs forced induction for road course could be good...
Old 11-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #31
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
I'm in!
For the on track, videos and blog.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #32
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
Holy crap it never ceases to amaze me who we get to post in these forums! Okay someone get Andretti and Petty to post and we would move to legendary status! (no offense Jeff your presence is simply amazing here )
Old 11-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #33
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkySS View Post
Holy crap it never ceases to amaze me who we get to post in these forums! Okay someone get Andretti and Petty to post and we would move to legendary status! (no offense Jeff your presence is simply amazing here )
If they were around and we tried to argue with Bucknums comments, I'm sure all we would hear from Andretti is, "sit down, shut up and pay attention."

If this goes well I'd love to see a dedicatedBuckner blog thread ... maybe 'Bucknums house of driving" or "Carvers Corner"
Old 11-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #34
jbucknum

Drives: Chevy
No Problem ArkySS. I look forward to do many more posts, and soon I will have my website up with the BLOG and Videos sharing all kinds of Camaro driving tips!!!

It is really going to be an awesome blog site! I have so many videos I want to create for people to get the most out of thier Camaros as possible. I plan on putting together a video series that will act as a Virtual Racing School

Please put the word out. The site will be at: www.jeffbucknum.com

I have not updated my site for a few years, but it will soon be updated with lots of information and an active blog....
jbucknum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #35
Mr Twisty

Sweet! Saved
Old 11-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #36
conradt

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
1. If you come to Road America in WI.
2. Yes
3. Yes

Thank you
conradt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #37
SS426RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS by Berger Black/Inferno
Hey Jeff !! What a hoot!! I once watched your dad race the infamous "vinyl top" #9. Then when you and Donohue teamed up for the gen 5 shake down I all but lost it!! In any event many of the owners need to be re-introduced to the road race heritage. I'm attempting to do that by organizing a Camaro Corral for your Laguna Seca event, looking forward to seeing you there!! As far as instruction, I'd all but die for it!! In my estimation your best bet is going to be with the SCCA "club" events. Specifically their PDX events. For example we are in the Southern Pacific division. I haven't seen the 2011 division schedule yet but our region, Cal Club will have three PDX'es at Buttonwillow Raceway. I know they have in the past had PDX'es at both Firebird and Phoenix Int'l. The Atlanta and Saint Louis regions are HUGE in PDX events. My suggestion would be to pick an event, announce your going to be available and I beleive the Camaro owners will show. For example the guy in Winnamucca isn't that far from Miller Motorsports Park and I know they have SCCA PDX'es. What you've offered is quite admirable!! I'm blowed away!! How's about you convince Bondurant to get Camaro's for his school???!!!
SS426RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #38
SS426RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS by Berger Black/Inferno
Hey Jeff !! Here is a deal for ya!! All you need to do is plan a pre-holiday vacation to Disney Land with a side to the Peterson Auto Museum then on December 19 & 20th Speed Ventures will be at Buttonwillow. I just checked the entry list and I'm confident Aaron would make us a "Camaro" run group We could call all So Cal Camaros and we could wear you thin!! $190 per day, can't beat that!! The thing is always a blast!! last year we even had two guys show up in a rental C6!! They now rent Camaros out of LA. What'da think??
SS426RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #39
jbucknum

Drives: Chevy
I do like that idea. Let me look at my schedule and get back with you on those dates! I am headed out the door right now, but I will look into those dates and see what I can do to make it out to Buttonwillow. I think its a great idea and I will be back in touch soon.
Cheers! Jeff
jbucknum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #40
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
So who wants to vote on if Jeff is the Stig or not?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #41
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Looking forward to the vids - subscribed.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #42
Camaro54

Drives: Camaro SS2/RS orange/black stripes
I'm interested in the whole DRIVING TIPS/TEACHING PROGRAM. These cars have a lot of power even before we start adding HP. Driving a Camaro with 500 and 600 HP now the way a lot of us are is a whole new ball game. I can use all the coaching I can get. I just saved your website. Looking forward to keeping up with your coaching. I'm already testing a little drifting and I suck at it. LOL!!!
Camaro54 is offline   Reply With Quote