Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Camaro5 Store Merchandise

Old 07-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Hat suggestion

For anyone that can do Hat embroidery Can someone come up with a Camaro hat using the Camaro Outline in the colors of each car? Either the thread or the hat it's self in the car color..
I think it would sell very well...
Attached Images

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 07-10-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
and make in a fitted type of hat. even the one size ones are okay.

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
+1
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
If you do it, do it off the boards. The Camaro body lines, believe it or not, are trademarked. In other words, if you want to have one made for yourself, you can do that with any company. If you want to make 100 and sell them, they need to be licensed so you don't get sued. We already have another hat in the works for the site, so we can't do this one anytime soon.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
If you do it, do it off the boards. The Camaro body lines, believe it or not, are trademarked. In other words, if you want to have one made for yourself, you can do that with any company. If you want to make 100 and sell them, they need to be licensed so you don't get sued. We already have another hat in the works for the site, so we can't do this one anytime soon.
I had several made by a Vendor on the Sky forum with the outline of the Sky that I had drawn myself. Is the decals you you find for sale on E-bay with the Camaro outline licensed? I didn't see any trademark or anything on the ones I bought...
Old 09-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier.

First, it appears to me that decals are a different story than hats. For one, you are talking about a large price difference. We didn't need EMI to review and approve of the stickers we made as we asked up front if it was okay. We got the okay to make stickers telling them the items we wanted to use and that was it. It was fairly easy.

Regarding Ebay stickers, I can't say if they were approved or not, nor can I say if they care about legalities. I can guarantee you there are MANY items for sale on ebay that are not real GM authentic products...and we all know that trademark infringement is a BIG business. But, I'm not her to police ebay and I'm sure there are constant legal battles ON ebay about items that are being sold as genuine but are unlicensed knock offs...

But, when it comes to hats, take a look at how long it took us to get these approved. We have been trying to do this for basically about a year now. It was a tiring process...and all for having the word Camaro and the SS and RS symbols on the side. But, GM can never come back to us and say, "cease production of your hats," "we'll have to take legal action," etc, etc. It's done. They are good. We are good. I spoke to these folks directly a while back and verbatim, "even the body lines are trademarked." Like I said, I won't hold you back from doing what you want to do. I can't! We just can't do it here.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier.

First, it appears to me that decals are a different story than hats. For one, you are talking about a large price difference. We didn't need EMI to review and approve of the stickers we made as we asked up front if it was okay. We got the okay to make stickers telling them the items we wanted to use and that was it. It was fairly easy.

Regarding Ebay stickers, I can't say if they were approved or not, nor can I say if they care about legalities. I can guarantee you there are MANY items for sale on ebay that are not real GM authentic products...and we all know that trademark infringement is a BIG business. But, I'm not her to police ebay and I'm sure there are constant legal battles ON ebay about items that are being sold as genuine but are unlicensed knock offs...

But, when it comes to hats, take a look at how long it took us to get these approved. We have been trying to do this for basically about a year now. It was a tiring process...and all for having the word Camaro and the SS and RS symbols on the side. But, GM can never come back to us and say, "cease production of your hats," "we'll have to take legal action," etc, etc. It's done. They are good. We are good. I spoke to these folks directly a while back and verbatim, "even the body lines are trademarked." Like I said, I won't hold you back from doing what you want to do. I can't! We just can't do it here.
Thanks for your explanation...
Old 09-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #8
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Would love to see this as well!!