Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #29
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
I worked Auto Theft for quite a few years so I will give my opinion. If they really want your car, they are going to get it, even if it is welded down to the ground. The newer Club LX is a little better than a standard Club but it is a deterrent just to keep the general riff-raff from making an easy score. When the Cadillac Escalade was the hot SUV to steal, the thieves would cut the On Star wire behind the glove box or snap off the On Star antenna. The Club only stops the young riff-raff that only carry master keys cruising the parking lots. On Star works unless it is disabled or taken under a roof because it needs open sky to hit the satellite. Lo-Jack works well if a car has it's On Star disabled or is taken under roof. However, it needs a police unit with a Lo-Jack tracker to pick up the activated signal. Signal strength will vary on hidden antenna location and battery strength. In the end try to do something that will protect the car/truck that you will use. I can't tell you how many people told me that they had a club but it was on the floorboard or back seat while their car was stolen. If you are not going to use, don't bother buying it. There are very sophisticated auto alarms, Viper and a few others that send a signal to your phone if your car is started or moved. Keep your On Star in force and/or buy a Lo-Jack unit but most of all do not let your auto insurance lapse and try to buy a replacement cost policy. Good Luck.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #30
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
I do! But only for baby seals..
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #31
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Same here , yes i do use one , most of the time i use the #9 IRON club .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #32
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I worked Auto Theft for quite a few years so I will give my opinion. If they really want your car, they are going to get it, even if it is welded down to the ground. The newer Club LX is a little better than a standard Club but it is a deterrent just to keep the general riff-raff from making an easy score. When the Cadillac Escalade was the hot SUV to steal, the thieves would cut the On Star wire behind the glove box or snap off the On Star antenna. The Club only stops the young riff-raff that only carry master keys cruising the parking lots. On Star works unless it is disabled or taken under a roof because it needs open sky to hit the satellite. Lo-Jack works well if a car has it's On Star disabled or is taken under roof. However, it needs a police unit with a Lo-Jack tracker to pick up the activated signal. Signal strength will vary on hidden antenna location and battery strength. In the end try to do something that will protect the car/truck that you will use. I can't tell you how many people told me that they had a club but it was on the floorboard or back seat while their car was stolen. If you are not going to use, don't bother buying it. There are very sophisticated auto alarms, Viper and a few others that send a signal to your phone if your car is started or moved. Keep your On Star in force and/or buy a Lo-Jack unit but most of all do not let your auto insurance lapse and try to buy a replacement cost policy. Good Luck.
Why one makes oneself do all this , just do a fuse pull [ # 5 and # 15 ] , drop the hood and go in peace , no one is going to take your baby .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #33
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
You people better check your local and State laws before making these claims. Most states I know of only justify the use of deadly force when you feel that your life or the life of someone with you is in danger. And you might want to re-think that sawed off shotgun thing. Get caught with that you'll be in a world of trouble son.
NC's castle doctrine applies to your car as well.

And the club is a waste of time. You don't even have to remove it to steal the car. Just lower the seat so it doesn't hit your legs and you're good to go.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #34
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Why one makes oneself do all this , just do a fuse pull [ # 5 and # 15 ] , drop the hood and go in peace , no one is going to take your baby .
Pulling a fuse might not do much good against a tow truck.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #35
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
NC's castle doctrine applies to your car as well.

And the club is a waste of time. You don't even have to remove it to steal the car. Just lower the seat so it doesn't hit your legs and you're good to go.
If you only go straight, making a turn will be a little harder to do. Club will hit the door.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #36
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
NOT HERE.....and never have.....its party why we have Insurance. and like Mach stated.....you can get one off pretty fast if you have the right tools, and I've seen it demonstrated.

if you carry a cell phone, adn most people do.....and if you come out and find your pride and joy missing.....have your local PD number and OnStar in your phonebook....call the PD and have your VIN Handy and have them call Onstar....but the PD has to call, and then OnStar can disable your car.

Will Onstar do it if not a subscriber? Or will they just say FU sucker?
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #37
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
Club? You're joking right? I hope you are.

Uhhh....no...it was a legitimate question.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #38
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits of Labor View Post
I still use my Club. Folks can demostrate how it can be defeated all they want, it still requires them to take that extra step to remove it during an attempted car theft. That after all is the whole point. Bulky bolt cutters or smash and grab, which one would a car thief perfer?!

Yeh..what I was thinking, probably would perfer the smash and grab.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #39
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain505 View Post
Obviously it would only help if you see them jacking it. But only if your in danger. If your life is not in grave danger and you shoot them you go to jail

Sent From My Droid

Yeh..remember, laws were written by crooks to protect crooks.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #40
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaseve View Post
Yeah, I didn't know they still made them, and the last time I've seen one was probably mid 90's.

I grew up in Philly. Back in the early 90's one of my friends had a 5.0 mustang that was stolen with the club on it. If I'm remebering correctly he later found out the theif actually took the steering wheel off with the club attached and put another one on to drive off.

He probably had a cheap one. Most clubs cover the steering wheel hub so you cant get to it.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #41
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaseve View Post
yes, castle doctine allows use of deadly force to protect your home and property, and in some states even extends to property outside of the home, i.e. car.

What states have this so I can have my realtor find me a property there?
Old 12-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #42
jandaseve

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 1SS/RS Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by PercyJWellingtonIII View Post
What states have this so I can have my realtor find me a property there?
theres a list in this article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine
jandaseve is offline   Reply With Quote