Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 11-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
Pacific Northwest Dealers

I would like to hear about the good and bad Chevy dealers on the west coast. We should support the dealers that are working for their customers. Some dealers don't care about their customers and that should also be noted. I know warranty is a big issue with some and would love to hear about that as well, especially for the mod happy people.
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

When I bought my zl1, it had a painted hood insert in it and I told them I wanted the clear one. They ordered insert and installed it. I picked up the car that was parked inside and drove it home. My wife saw me pull up and noticed the crack in the insert immediately. I called in and had to drive back to the dealer and they noticed it right away. They replaced it a couple of days later when the new one came in. Well I found out that they knew about the issue and didn't tell me about it when I picked the car up. That is not customer service. The sales people were great but the service dept., I don't think to highly of them. Gladstone Town & Country Chevrolet.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
just remember its the service dept you deal with not sales. I have dealt with a bunch and Puyallup chevy has always done me right and I didn't buy either of my Camaros there.
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
also if your only dealing with parts people some can be fly by night guys ,Gilchrist in Tacoma has always been good
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
just remember its the service dept you deal with not sales. I have dealt with a bunch and Puyallup chevy has always done me right and I didn't buy either of my Camaros there.
I've dealt with Harnish when I still had my Saturns(1997-2005), and I had no complaints (I had 4 different Saturns). For the things I have had done so far on my Camaro, I have been happy with the Chevy side.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
I've dealt with Harnish when I still had my Saturns(1997-2005), and I had no complaints (I had 4 different Saturns). For the things I have had done so far on my Camaro, I have been happy with the Chevy side.
Purchased my 1LE from Harnish (Puyallup Chevrolet). When I picked up my car I didnt notice that it didnt have the rear inserts/screws for a license plate. Also my front passenger turn signal bulb went out. Drove in on a Saturday and about 15 minutes later drove home. Great experiance with Service!!!! Sales also was fast and courteous. I enjoyed both departments. So far So good.
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
I also bought my Camaro from Harnish. A month later I saw a couple of dents on top of the drivers side fender. I took in talked to the lady about it she takes a look and she said that there was some metal worked to be done on the passenger side. I did not see any thing on that side. 2 days later all was fixed.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Nice to hear.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
lilbluecoupe

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Blue Ray Metallic Coupe
I've bought and serviced two Camaros at Roy Robinson Chevrolet in Marysville. They've been awesome!!! I had minor problems with the convertible right from the start - bad radio, a bolt in the shifter, and a rattle in the top that took 6 months to find, but each and every time I took it in they fully inspected it (which is how the bolt in the shifter was replaced, because I hadn't noticed that on my own) and fixed whatever the problem was without any hassle whatsoever. Then when the top developed a hole over the passenger side quarter panel they took one look and agreed to replace the top immediately, no questions or hassles. They did the replacement themselves and it was perfect in every way, but in the end I traded her in because I knew she was never going to be the same with a replacement top. I've had my couple for five months now and I couldn't be happier. I loved the convertible, but I love my coupe even more! I give Roy Robinson an excellent recommendation - I even drive almost 30 miles each way to continue to service my baby there because they take such good care of her!
lilbluecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
Wabbit

First time dealing with an actual service issue with Puyallup Chevrolet.

I had a Stabillitrac issue come up on my DIC Saturday morning. All the traction lights and engine light turned on, as well as the wonderful "Engine power reduced" warning on the DIC. When it says "engine power reduced", ugh, it's reduced.

Stopped the car since I was at my destination anyway. When I got back into my car, only the engine light was on, and everything was performing normally. Called Puyallup when I got home and found out that they only do oil changes on Saturday. They told me to drop it off Monday morning. I asked for a loaner and it was not a problem.

Dropped it off first thing yesterday. Explained the issues and got my loaner car. They did not push any other services (I am just over 30k). They got my car in later in the day, fixed the issue with the throttle connections and got me my car back around 4:00.

All no charge since it was under warranty, and no hassles whatsoever. I have had issues with other dealers always pushing me unwanted/unneeded services. I was waiting for the arguments on this one as well, but they never came.

As long as Puyallup Chevrolet can keep this attitude when I come in again, they will continue to receive my service business.

BTW: I hate those base model Impalas.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Just got my main fuse block replaced by my dealer yesterday under warranty. I mentioned that my cv joint was throwing lubricant. Now I never thought they would even consider looking at it under warranty with my mods, but without even looking at it they ordered a new boot. The service rep said that any problem I have let them look at it first and if they can fix it without a snapshot of the ECU they would. Now that is a first rate dealer.
McCurley Integrity Chevrolet in Pasco, WA.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #12
Ammo25

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS
Bruien Chevy = Bad

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have a 2013 RS. Love it. I bought it at Burien Chevrolet. Initially the salemen were courtious and helpful, then I found out (after i bought the car) that they are not very nice. They told me they would put stripes on hood and trunk, but everytime I followed up they had another excuse. This went on for 3 months and they finally stopped retuning my phone calls and texts. I saw the sales manager at Safeway one day, made eye contact, he quickly turned around and walked away real fast. The service department is no better. Took the car oin for it's first service. When I got home I noticed that the tires were not rotated. That made me question other areas, so I started taking a closer look. The oil was dirty for a car with only 4,000 miles on it. I've changed oil on cars that had 10,000 miles on it with cleaner looking oil. I called the service manager and was told I didn't know what I was talking about and he got pretty rude after that. Lastly, I over heard the salesmen talking about a customer that was interested in a vehicle and they were calling the guy names and saying how much they were going to make off his trade.

I will never go back to that place. they do have a good selection of cars, but if I see one I like on the internet or drive by, I will go to another dealership and have them try to get that car/truck for me.
Ammo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
Go2

Drives: 2008 ABP S2000 CR #301 of 699
^^ Dang that sucks!
Go2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #14
Wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo25 View Post
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have a 2013 RS. Love it. I bought it at Burien Chevrolet. Initially the salemen were courtious and helpful, then I found out (after i bought the car) that they are not very nice. They told me they would put stripes on hood and trunk, but everytime I followed up they had another excuse. This went on for 3 months and they finally stopped retuning my phone calls and texts. I saw the sales manager at Safeway one day, made eye contact, he quickly turned around and walked away real fast. The service department is no better. Took the car oin for it's first service. When I got home I noticed that the tires were not rotated. That made me question other areas, so I started taking a closer look. The oil was dirty for a car with only 4,000 miles on it. I've changed oil on cars that had 10,000 miles on it with cleaner looking oil. I called the service manager and was told I didn't know what I was talking about and he got pretty rude after that. Lastly, I over heard the salesmen talking about a customer that was interested in a vehicle and they were calling the guy names and saying how much they were going to make off his trade.

I will never go back to that place. they do have a good selection of cars, but if I see one I like on the internet or drive by, I will go to another dealership and have them try to get that car/truck for me.
Unless you have the stripes in writing, there isn't much you can do about that, unfortunately.

Just start looking at going to other dealers, there are better ones.