Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-19-2024, 07:29 PM   #15
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
Also, if you put flares on the CamaroGen5, it totally screws with the lines of the CamaroGen5. The back flares caught my eyes being wide from the factory like a weight lifter. I also believe that's a big reason Camaro 6 owners want to or think about going back to the 5. Now, these flares would look terrible IMO but to each their own. CamaroGen5

I can agree with that yet still see more Gen 6 on the road as I assume everyone else is just letting their Gen 5's sit since they are no longer in production due to age/mileage etc...

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 07:31 PM   #16
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
These flares are way over the top IMO. Looks ricey.

The Z/28 flares are about the limit for going wider.

I agree which is why I'm curious if there are any pics out there of these fender flares on the Gen 5's other than what I posted? I can imagine it being over the top and yes the Z28 flares were tastefully done.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:42 PM   #17
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
I can imagine. Any chance you have pics of it?
No, I don't have any pics. Wish I did because it really ruined the look of his car!!
Old 03-20-2024, 02:46 PM   #18
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
Also, if you put flares on the CamaroGen5, it totally screws with the lines of the CamaroGen5. The back flares caught my eyes being wide from the factory like a weight lifter. I also believe that's a big reason Camaro 6 owners want to or think about going back to the 5. Now, these flares would look terrible IMO but to each their own. CamaroGen5
Like a fine woman with great shaped hips and nice cheeks!! Yea buddy!!
Old 03-20-2024, 03:56 PM   #19
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
LMAO!

Old 03-20-2024, 05:31 PM   #20
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I don't think I could ever trust a company that calls 1/4 panels rear fenders.
Thats just me.
Old 03-21-2024, 12:42 AM   #21
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Amen!!!!
Old 03-21-2024, 03:27 PM   #22
GodsRambo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Saw these too and talked to an associate. They'll be Available April 12th, 2024.

They're very clearly a knock off / using the mold from Lion's Kit, one of the most popular widebodies for our cars (besides the one Chinese kit).

I plan to get them. Carbon Creations has a history of hit or miss fitment, but if these are molded off of Lion's Kit it should be good.
GodsRambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 03:31 PM   #23
GodsRambo

Here is a photo of Lion's Kit on Ced V's vehicle:
https://www.instagram.com/b00st_wayne/
Old 03-21-2024, 07:37 PM   #24
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsRambo View Post
Here is a photo of Lion's Kit on Ced V's vehicle:
https://www.instagram.com/b00st_wayne/

Interesting.. that does look good from the angle in the picture you provided in a one color sense. I did not see the front version that was sold but only the rear. I still wouldn't do it myself though.

Old 03-22-2024, 12:01 PM   #25
GodsRambo

Front is sold, it's one number different in the sku.
Personally for the front I wish they sold a full carbon one piece replacement, but it does overhang the front bumper.

https://carboncreations.com/2010-201...ece-ed_116310/
Old 03-23-2024, 09:01 PM   #26
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsRambo View Post
Front is sold, it's one number different in the sku.
Personally for the front I wish they sold a full carbon one piece replacement, but it does overhang the front bumper.

https://carboncreations.com/2010-201...ece-ed_116310/

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.