Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #155
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
I think with that licence plate cover no one will mistake it for "dork bot" ever cause it EXPLAINS THINGS CLEARLY
Wanna bet? I am 100% sure, within the first 2 weeks of you rolling with that plate someone makes a reference to Dorkbot.

Just like that someone staring at the front end of your car with your "hid projection bright a$$ lights on that always draw so much attention", didn't know what kinda of car it was till they read camaro on the fender. I very seldom read someones license plate frame. Maybe you can get the explaination typed out in white vinyl and stick that on your rear window, and I b et even then people ask what a dork bot is. lmao

*edit* I just went to your album, I understand now, you have a huge chrome bot on your grill instead of the bowtie, thats why it didn't register 'Chevy' to them. Now for the picking, remove that v6 badge and the dealers vinyl ad on your left rear bumper; it really don't go with your bling theme.

Last edited by metthem; 08-26-2011 at 08:56 AM.
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #156
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Dorkbot

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

a dorkbot logo

Dorkbot is a group of affiliated organizations worldwide that sponsor grassroots meetings of artists, engineers, designers, scientists, inventors, and anyone else working under the very broad umbrella of electronic art. The dorkbot motto is "people doing strange things with electricity".
Started by Douglas Repetto at the Columbia University Computer Music Center in 2000, dorkbot has spread around the world, with over 100 chapters either planning or actively holding meetings as of 2010. In addition to the original New York City-based dorkbot ("dorkbot-nyc"), current and planned groups exist in London, Bristol, Ghent, San Francisco, Linz, Melbourne, Sydney, Mumbai, Seattle, Rotterdam, Lisbon, Sofia, Chicago, Southern California, Barcelona, Switzerland, Orlando, Madrid, Oxford, Detroit, Newcastle, Mexico City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Portland, Oregon, Austin, Dallas, Baltimore, Washington, DC, Atlanta, Georgia (at Georgia Tech), Bahia, Beijing, Eindhoven, Toronto, Tokyo, Vienna, Copenhagen, Montevideo, Milan and Alba (Scotland) (the current list, and map, can be seen at dorkbot.org).
The purpose of dorkbot meetings is to nurture a local electronic arts community and to encourage emerging, and established, artists to present new works for informal peer review. While many of the dorkbot groups hold their meetings at universities and students are encouraged to attend, dorkbot meetings are not restricted in any way to the academic community. Dorkbot groups encourage the free exchange of ideas on the electronic arts, and regular attendees of one dorkbot will often visit another when they are travelling, serving as informal ambassadors between groups.
Print this out and then when you are at a light and someone asks you what your license plate means, you can just hand it to them.
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #157
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
wow... never seen this much "bashing" before... I think most people will figure it out and to the ones that don't or guess wrong, the hell with them. My plate is OFCR NOO(pic earlier in thread) and some people ask me if I'm a cop and my last name is Noo... when really it's like "Officer Nooooooo!" like in the Ladies Man movie...but when people get it, they laugh their ass off and it's totally worth it If he likes DRK BOT then all the power to him and it works with his car and what he wanted in the end... and yeah I like the DRK BOT idea and happy he went for it(cuz it was one of my ideas for him hehe)
Old 08-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #158
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart53 View Post
wow... never seen this much "bashing" before... I think most people will figure it out and to the ones that don't or guess wrong, the hell with them. My plate is OFCR NOO(pic earlier in thread) and some people ask me if I'm a cop and my last name is Noo... when really it's like "Officer Nooooooo!" like in the Ladies Man movie...but when people get it, they laugh their ass off and it's totally worth it If he likes DRK BOT then all the power to him and it works with his car and what he wanted in the end... and yeah I like the DRK BOT idea and happy he went for it(cuz it was one of my ideas for him hehe)
People will say what they want. People bashed my Decpetion (over badgeing) and my dealer badge. You know what i still did it and dont regreat it for one moment . I am happy to know some people on here are not total a$$holes like you though so thanks for the kind words and support

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #159
Without Remorse

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT Convertible
I hope I'm not one of the a$$holes that you mention. I'm just trying to have a little fun. Know wharm indented.

Without Remorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #160
iMONEY

Drives: RS 2011
deception
Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #161
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMONEY View Post
deception
aka

Decepticon
Old 08-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #162
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
Nightfall ROCKS. Im with you man !!!!!
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #163
Todd3544

Drives: 12 Camaro 2SS/RS, 11 Denali, 08 HD
STPDFST - STUPID FAST
JST4KIK - JUST 4 KICKS
DNTSTR - DONT STARE
BLINK
JSTNSS - JUST AN SS
Todd3544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #164
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGreene View Post
Nightfall ROCKS. Im with you man !!!!!
TY Its my first themed car and i think i am doing well. Some think over kill with the badgeing but to me NOPE just right

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #165
Hendu

Drives: 2SS 45th Anniv LS3
UMADBRO
Hendu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:07 AM   #166
dbauer

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3 M6 Convertible
XLR8