Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 11-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #15
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
Quote:
I'm definitely hoping to have some fun most nights, so Hoboken sounds awesome. I'm single, my kid is grown and staying in Texas and I'm ready to make the most of it! Is Bayonne as nice as Hoboken? Can I get to JC via public transportation from there? I'd prefer to only have to take my car out when I want to take a road trip rather than having to drive it each day.
single + Hoboken = party day and night lol.

Bayonne is quite and not that much traffic. you can take the light rail to jersey city 20 minutes.

Or take express bus that takes you to downtown jersey city.
Bus # 81X. takes you to downtown jersey city via turnpike. I take it daily. it takes about 15-30 minutes depends on the traffic.

if you want to save money. live in bayonne, take the bus to work, come home, pickup your car and go to hoboken lol.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
welcome to the area, my brother works in jersey city and lives in hoboken its a good deal, one benefit is you get to cut the line for carlos bakery (cake boss) lol
I worked on his website, he was our client before he got famous. Can't say I was a fan of the cakes

Welcome to NJ its literally I feel the only state that coming into you never pay a toll but leaving you'll pay about 70 tolls every 6 feet turnpike/parkway/highways. Its like the mob, once your in you can't get out.

lol @ bluecamaro's post, truer words were never spoken. 10 over the speed limit is the base speed for any road.

Morristown is also a nice spot to hang out if your living in the north part of jersey.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #17
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM w/white hockey & hoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodUSMC View Post
single + Hoboken = party day and night lol.

Bayonne is quite and not that much traffic. you can take the light rail to jersey city 20 minutes.

Or take express bus that takes you to downtown jersey city.
Bus # 81X. takes you to downtown jersey city via turnpike. I take it daily. it takes about 15-30 minutes depends on the traffic.

if you want to save money. live in bayonne, take the bus to work, come home, pickup your car and go to hoboken lol.
Thanks for the tips! Maybe I'll see ya on the bus someday
Old 11-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #18
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamaro View Post
Thanks for the tips! Maybe I'll see ya on the bus someday
Girl, I wondered where you'd been. What can I say positive about your move? Not sure, more glamorous???????? Good luck with it!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #19
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Girl, I wondered where you'd been. What can I say positive about your move? Not sure, more glamorous???????? Good luck with it!
I've been around, just been super busy with work and with living! Thanks for the good wishes!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #20
1969to2010
The Man in Black

Drives: 1969 Camaro 2010 Camaro 1SS
There's alot of great clubs in the area great people good luck with the move
Old 11-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #21
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
I worked on his website, he was our client before he got famous. Can't say I was a fan of the cakes

wow really my brother goes there often for bday cakes for my niece and i always thought they were good. expensive as hell but good
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #22
Meathead Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hoboken is awesome, i go into the city mostly for the clubs...but for bars its either morristown or hoboken. I goto Morristown more often if since i live right next door.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #23
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead Camaro View Post
Hoboken is awesome, i go into the city mostly for the clubs...but for bars its either morristown or hoboken. I goto Morristown more often if since i live right next door.
Maybe I can pull together a "meet the Texan" night somewhere in Hoboken after I move LOL
Old 11-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #24
RavenSS
Monarch is here

Drives: 2011 Summit IOM 2SS RS M6
Welcome to the Garden State! Seriously, it's not all that bad. I live about 1/2 hour from Hoboken. The best thing about New Jersey is that it has anything and everything. You're basically within an hours drive (give or take a lil') from skiing/snow tubing or hiking galore in the mountains, white water rafting, going to the beach/boardwalk, Six Flags great adventure theme park, New York City and so much more. Oh, and when it comes to food if you can think it you can get it. And it's usually some of the best of it's kind. Real Italian, Real Japanese, Real Thai, etc cuisines. The one downside is that you're going to have to get used to the fast pace around here, and then you'll be just as impatient as the rest of us, lol. 3 minutes in the McDonalds drive-thru is taking to long. haha. The traffic around here adds to the impatience though, lol.
RavenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #25
BloodUSMC

Quote:
Maybe I can pull together a "meet the Texan" night somewhere in Hoboken after I move LOL
Lol im down.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #26
BloodUSMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSS View Post
Welcome to the Garden State! Seriously, it's not all that bad. I live about 1/2 hour from Hoboken. The best thing about New Jersey is that it has anything and everything. You're basically within an hours drive (give or take a lil') from skiing/snow tubing or hiking galore in the mountains, white water rafting, going to the beach/boardwalk, Six Flags great adventure theme park, New York City and so much more. Oh, and when it comes to food if you can think it you can get it. And it's usually some of the best of it's kind. Real Italian, Real Japanese, Real Thai, etc cuisines. The one downside is that you're going to have to get used to the fast pace around here, and then you'll be just as impatient as the rest of us, lol. 3 minutes in the McDonalds drive-thru is taking to long. haha. The traffic around here adds to the impatience though, lol.
True
Old 11-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #27
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSS View Post
Sounds awesome...well...everything but the traffic! I'm already fairly impatient but I'm sure I'm nothing compared to the NJ natives. I don't plan to drive much except on the weekends to get away, so hopefully that will help curb my anxiety LOL
Old 11-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #28
SSdude

Drives: Super Sport
Quote:
Hi fellow C5'ers! I'm currently in DFW but moving to NY/NJ within the next few months for my job. The office is in Jersey City, but I'll probably lived in the Hoboken area or somewhere in NYC. Would be great to get to know some folks out that way before I get there! Let me know if you're near there and I'll buy you a drink when I arrive
Welcome to NJ

Hoboken is a great place BUT Good luck with Parking if you're planning to stay there

If you're the type that has OCD and would freak out if anyone scratched your car then you're better off staying away from Hoboken and Jersey City. It would only make sense to live there if you're the city type and don't mind the occasional dings from parallel parking within a hair of other cars. Of course if you're going to take a place that has a garage(hard to come by) then you are mostly all set . You really don't need a car for the most part if you're staying in Hoboken or JC because of all the commute options Light rail , Path, NJ transit etc.

I second BloodUSMC on the Bayonne option. It's also well connected to JC by light rail [abt 15-20 minute light rail ride] and pretty good for the most part although there are some parts there that are not so nice.

Enjoy your trip here.