Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 07-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Smoky10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
SS Performance Group

I saw that one person on here said they had some work done by that shop. Can anyone give me an opinion about them? It's about time for me to get some more work done to my car and I figure they are closer than going to EFI Alchemy in Jacksonville, FL. Thank you in advance,

Brandon
Smoky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
What city does SS Performance Group operate??
Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Smoky10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Tallahassee
Smoky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
I've had a good bit of work done there, mainly dyno tuning. Kyle is one sharp guy. I've also had Doc over at EFI Alchemy do work on my SS. Either is great, but Kyle is a helluva lot closer
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
Tally TransAm

Drives: 1999 Pontiac TransAm
Ryan, close though haha

hows the car been, still haven't met a gen5 owner that hits their car as hard as you
Old 08-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Doh! Sorry Ryan.

Pulled the heads and now getting ready to pull the rest of the block and rebuild it. Bought a FR-S for the little woman and we're going to autox it. Jay tells me he sold his Z and is looking to go LS with a C6: Guess that last 1/2-mile race in Carrabelle convinced him of all the goodness that is LS
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
Old 08-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
Tally TransAm

Drives: 1999 Pontiac TransAm
i saw that pic of the torched liner, sucks. any evidence of a cause? ring gap butt shut?

i got to drive an fr-s a couple weeks ago. cool cars and killer styling, 200 more hp and they would be awesome. handle great revs to the moon, autocrossing it should be a blast.

as for jays car, too much power for the stock motor evidently. hes been talking about a boosted c6 but ive been trying to talk him into an NA large ci z06. well see what direction it ends up

hope everything is going well
Old 08-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
pouncer72
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to pouncer72
If its run by Ryan it's a good place. He's been messing with LS stuff for a long time. I helped him put a 9 inch under his white TA once upon a time many years ago.
pouncer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Ryan is the one that did our 2010 and it's badass!!!!!!! SS Proformace has done all our work and were super happy with our car.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Our new baby is back to life meaner then ever.lol Thank you to SS Proformace!!!!!!!! And more thanks to Ryan.

As far as a rundown of the major components of the build:

Engine:
Total Engine Concepts 376 CI
Factory Crankshaft
Oliver Connecting Rods
JE Inverted Dome Pistons (approx 9.2 -1 Compression Ratio)
Custom Camshaft (231/248 duration .617/.596 lift)
BTR Platinum Dual Valve Springs
BTR Pushrods
LS9 Headgaskets
ARP Headstuds
ARP Rod bolts
ARP Mainstuds

Power Adder:
Whipple 2.9L Polished Supercharger with Heat Exchanger
4.000" Pulley making 7.5-8 #'s of boost
Roto-Fab Polished Cold Air Kit

Exhaust:
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers
Stainless Works Full 3" exhaust with X-Pipe

Transmission:
FTI Billet 3200 rpm converter
Hayden Transmission Cooler

Tires:
275/40R20 Nitto 555R Drag Radials

Tune:
SS Performance Dyno Tune

I think that about covers it. Anything you guys need dont hesitate to let me know

Thanks
--

SS Performance Group LLC

www.ssperformancegroupllc.com
Old 08-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #11
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Yep Ryan, I'm pretty sure it was a ring gap issue. Half the lifters and cam lobes were looking pretty bad too, hence pulling the motor. Haven't decided whether to just run a hone thru it or get a sleeved block. Either way, I'm waiting till it cools down and becomes bearable in the garage. Plus I'm trying to squeeze a 4 post lift in there, so we'll see.

Jay needs to do big NA motor too. One of the most consistently fast cars at Carrabelle was and has been a NA built LS2 C6 that's in the 2900 lbs range. In fact the owner texted me last week that he pulled another 60 lbs out of it - and he still has A/C!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tally TransAm View Post
i saw that pic of the torched liner, sucks. any evidence of a cause? ring gap butt shut?

i got to drive an fr-s a couple weeks ago. cool cars and killer styling, 200 more hp and they would be awesome. handle great revs to the moon, autocrossing it should be a blast.

as for jays car, too much power for the stock motor evidently. hes been talking about a boosted c6 but ive been trying to talk him into an NA large ci z06. well see what direction it ends up

hope everything is going well