Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #57
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
I wonder what size TC this auto will have...

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #58
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlingSS View Post

Bill
If it's the same unit as in the CTS-V (which I'd bet it is): 300mm.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #59
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I think that is right.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #60
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
HP and Price

Al was pretty clear that the HP numbers WILL be HIGHER than the 550 that the CTS-V has and that the price will not be disclosed.

After to talking to a different Camaro Team Builder/Designer.... they have not set a price, but they do have a ballpark number.

They are going to release all the details "PROPERLY" through the media he (Al Op.) said as well.

The other team member said approximately a month before you are able to order.

Al, also said that production is in the 1st quarter of 2012, but would not get any more specific.

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 06-11-2011 at 11:15 PM.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #61
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlingSS View Post

Bill
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
I think that is right.
What is TC?
Old 06-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #62
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
SWEET!!! Great news. Now, I have to ask myself if I'd rather go fast or look like I can drive fast, lol.

I'm sure the converter in those models are going to be pretty tight, for MPG reasons. There are many of our vendors who can help us out with that though.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #63
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Al was pretty clear the the HP numbers WILL be HIGHER than the 550 the the CTS-V has and that the price will not be disclosed.

After to talking to a different Camaro Team Builder/Designer.... they have not set a price, but they do have a ballpark number.

They are going to release all the details "PROPERLY" through the media he (Al Op.) said as well.

The other team member said approximately a month before you are able to order.

Al, also said that production is in the 1st quarter of 2012, but would not get any more specific.
Thanks for this information!!

Man, I wish I could've been up there.

Quote:
What is TC?
Torque Converter for the automatic transmission.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #64
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
OHHHHHHH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #65
edz10ss

Drives: Silver Metalic Ice w/ black Stripes
This news is great. For me it would only be real good news if the hp is the same. If they make it less, then that stinks. I know when this comes out im going to maybe want to buy it.
edz10ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #66
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Thanks for this information!!

Man, I wish I could've been up there.

Torque Converter for the automatic transmission.
You are welcome!

and doh
Old 06-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #67
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by edz10ss View Post
This news is great. For me it would only be real good news if the hp is the same. If they make it less, then that stinks. I know when this comes out im going to maybe want to buy it.
As I said in the auto poll thread, they don't have a reason to make a variant of the LSA as they did the LS3 to L99. IIRC, they only made the L99 to dodge the gas guzzler tax, but the ZL1 will get hit with it no matter what they do; well, within reason anyway.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #68
JBsC6

Drives: 2008 Blk C6 Z51 NPP
The CTS V automatic is the one GM chose to set fast time around the "ring" ...

I would imagine the new camaro with this new suspension system and upgraded transmission will be the fast ticket...

Thats the one I'd purchase......and for those who want a convertible version....I'd say....if you have the coin it'll be available a year or so after launch..

Expect to pay quite a few bucks for the convertible ZL1 but it will in my opinion be available...
Old 06-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #69
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
I'm optimistic they can avoid the GG tax to further compete with the GT500...we'll have to see.
This would be very nice, but I fully expect to pay a GG tax. And with comments like this below, comments that make me very happy, I'll gladly pay the tax.

Quote:
Al was pretty clear the the HP numbers WILL be HIGHER than the 550 the the CTS-V has and that the price will not be disclosed.
I definitely don't want compromises in regards to power for the sake of avoiding the GG tax. If they can somehow pull off both at the same time, great, but all out performance for me is the number one goal not avoiding the tax. Al's words are very encouraging to say the least, so I have faith they won't cripple power output to avoid the GG tax.

Quote:
Generally...with things like MRC, and traction control systems, they're standard features. All the engineering and programming that goes into dialing these systems for the Camaro would be wasted if it's not standard.

People thought the SSs FE4 suspension tuning would be optional, but it's standard. I don't think they specified on PTM, though.
I'm sure you are right, it definitely makes the most sense that way.

I'm just thinking in line with the ZL1's main competitor, the GT500. I have a hard time rationalizing how they are going to offer all these features standard and will be able to offer the vehicle around the GT500's approximate 48-49k starting price point. Even if the ZL1's starting price point was just a few thousand more, it would be a great performance bargain.

I'm just wondering if they will hold back a few performance features at the entry level to compete with the entry level GT500 price and offer the all out performance featured version at a higher price. I believe the GT500 with the track pack runs mid 50's, so I'm wondering if GM will implement a similar pricing and option strategy.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #70
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
This would be very nice, but I fully expect to pay a GG tax. And with comments like this below, comments that make me very happy, I'll gladly pay the tax.

I definitely don't want compromises in regards to power for the sake of avoiding the GG tax. If they can somehow pull off both at the same time, great, but all out performance for me is the number one goal not avoiding the tax. Al's words are very encouraging to say the least, so I have faith they won't cripple power output to avoid the GG tax.

I'm sure you are right, it definitely makes the most sense that way.

I'm just thinking in line with the ZL1's main competitor, the GT500. I have a hard time rationalizing how they are going to offer all these features standard and will be able to offer the vehicle around the GT500's approximate 48-49k starting price point. Even if the ZL1's starting price point was just a few thousand more, it would be a great performance bargain.

I'm just wondering if they will hold back a few performance features at the entry level to compete with the entry level GT500 price and offer the all out performance featured version at a higher price. I believe the GT500 with the track pack runs mid 50's, so I'm wondering if GM will implement a similar pricing and option strategy.

Al made no bones about what the intent of the ZL1 is. He said he didn't want to just beat the Mustangs, he wanted to destroy them.

He even made a comment that about they're being mustang fans in the audience, but he didn't care....