Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
I'm with the op here. Whenever I see a "omg something worng wha'do I do!?" thread, I just say to myself, "WTF take it to the dealer!" Maybe they have no one else in their lives to talk to so they bring it here?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #16
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
I'm with the op here. Whenever I see a "omg something worng wha'do I do!?" thread, I just say to myself, "WTF take it to the dealer!" Maybe they have no one else in their lives to talk to so they bring it here?

Thanks, I thought I was lone on this one.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #17
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
OK, I guess it is just me.
No I see what you are saying. Just respectfully disagree with some of it. As a relatively noob to the 5th Gen,MB and also old. LOL Have found numerous answers just by hitting search. However like someone else said,it is sometimes easier to bounce a question off of some of the people who have real experience with these cars.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #18
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
I'll tell you what really erks me is people starting a new thread to tell everyone about people complementing their car or staring or whatever. Seems extremely silly to me. OMG someone looked at my car!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #19
fourhounds
Slow is not an Option

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 6M SGM
Yupp just asking helps a lot and also do a SEARCH

The SEARCH Button Works Wonders and asking questions on this site. Lots of info available here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
No I see what you are saying. Just respectfully disagree with some of it. As a relatively noob to the 5th Gen,MB and also old. LOL Have found numerous answers just by hitting search. However like someone else said,it is sometimes easier to bounce a question off of some of the people who have real experience with these cars.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #20
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I'll tell you what really erks me is people starting a new thread to tell everyone about people complementing their car or staring or whatever. Seems extremely silly to me. OMG someone looked at my car!
haha! Some of us are like hot, former fat chicks
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #21
Streetbobrob

Drives: 2011 IBM SS 6M
Some are teachers some are students and some will always be the class clowns. Acceptance and understanding are the basics of humanity, all the rest is what,s wrong with the world! Today you may know the answer, tomorrow you may be asking the question. Get it genius?
Streetbobrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #22
RX SS RACERX

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
Question Is it only me?

That's one of the great things about this country. If you don't like the music change the station,don't like the the movie change the channel,etc. Maybe it's late and I'm tired and irritable but WTF-read another thread if it doesn't interest you. That's why many OP are here-they are not ASE CERT. I know just enough to get me in too deep sometimes and sometimes I'm just looking for 'validation' for what I already know. Anyway, thanks for the soapbox. By the way,maybe I took it wrong,but (blew the warranty) is also one of my rights. They still have to replace the wiper motor if it takes a s%#t-I hope! Happy Easter. Hope you never have to take your ride to the dealer.
RX SS RACERX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #23
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73camarolt View Post

The only exception to me is for people that blew there warranty with mods. But yea if ANYTHING is not working right, go to the dealer.
+ infinity

Quote:
OMG someone looked at my car!
Dude, I saw someone looking at your car!!!
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #24
InfernoMan2011

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 1LT
Well.....

Last time I checked there was no limit on the number of new threads on a message board. However, proper forum etiquette is to use the search function first, especially if the question you are asking is probably a common one. Also this forum is supposed to be a community for Camaro enthusiasts. So what if somebody posted a story about waving to other Camaros on the road. The reason they are posting it here is because they are wanting to share the experience with fellow Camaro enthusiasts. As long as you avoid cross-posting, and don't post questions in the wrong forum (ie. cosmetics question in mechanical forum), I don't see an issue. From time to time, new forum members will post things that don't belong in the general discussion forum. That's why the mods are here to, they have the ability to move the post to the appropriate subforum if necessary. As far as taking the car to the dealership immediately, I completely understand wanting to get other opinions here first. Even under warranty, the dealership is the last resort for me (and I really like my dealership).

As far as threads you don't like the title of, simply don't read them. There are plenty of other threads to look at.

-infernoman2011
InfernoMan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #25
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I get more tired of whiner threads from whiners complaining about other peoples threads.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #26
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
I created a post once..... it was simply titled " repeted posts that keep popping up"
it seemed to get alot of action and was pretty damn funny to see all the posts people see pop up over and over...but apparently was not too inviting to newbies joining the site. now I just sit back and watch the same posts pop up daily and hope everyone is not too offended that i pointed out the obvious lol
Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #27
skysoldiervn

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Summit White
Is it only me?

I know that at the age of 62, I have alot more experience with cars than alot of others do. On the other hand I don't have as much as others. IMO when a person posts, the question should be a legitimate one where an answer is needed. I am new to the forum also, however sometimes I read replies that I know are totally wrong or mixed. If the owner of the vehicle will take the time to read their owners manual, alot of simple questions could be answered. But the posts about accessories, factoids, wheels and other items should be the owners decision. It is his or her car and you should do with it what you want. If you do what others do to theirs, you will become one of the herd. Stay apart from the herd, be the individual that you are. Get a set and run your life and car the way you want to.
skysoldiervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #28
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
I think some people are a little impatient just like me . I think they already know they need to take it to the dealer, but their baby is hurt. They probably either hope there may be a quick fix that we may be able to give them that they could do, want to know the possible severity of the problem ASAP or just want to talk about the issue in general.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote