Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-08-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Cutout location

I've read some mounting behind the cats - weather it was stock or high flow. Others removed the cats and put in where the cats where.

My question is for someone with stock manifolds and stock cats - wouldn't the best location for more HP and TQ gains is before the cats? I'm assuming codes will be thrown when you have cut outs open - but you can reset later. I think you can even reset with TORQ PRO ANDROID APP and the BLUETOOTH ODB II(elm327). Now is it that simple - or am I missing something?

Also would shorty headers and cutouts give me more HP over manifolds and cutouts?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350

Can be mounted here with any exhaust/manifold/cat combination ant it's Hella-loud.

Keep in mind open cutouts only improve hp/tq around WOT and it's ear piercing loud there. Down low throttle I find my car runs a little worse bc the lack of any back pressure. If you looking for performance gains, look at a different mod. If you're looking to have big fun... cutouts are a riot. I love them!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Oh, and you'll neve get them mounted between stock manifolds and cats...

Old 10-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Oh ok - thanks for the info. Having gains for straightaways on Road Course is what I'm looking for. Being quiet on the street is also a plus.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
Oh ok - thanks for the info. Having gains for straightaways on Road Course is what I'm looking for. Being quiet on the street is also a plus.
No sweat. I ran open on a couple parade laps at MidOhio a couple weeks ago... Speeds around 85... 3/4 throttle... it's nice and you'd notice some gains there.

Make sure you don't get raped on install. It's a straight forward job. I've heard people paying insane amounts...
Old 10-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #6
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Love my cutouts... did race ready tho... no welding needed. You can install yourself. I installed mine where the cats are supposed to go( I love Florida, no inspection) They sound amazing
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote