Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #15
1Camaro2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I wasn't trying to knock QTP and I'm sure they do the job just fine. I also mentioned I didn't want to break the bank. One thing for sure is that I now know so much more about my options thanks to you guys. I most likely go with a stainless steel bolt on setup. Will keep you posted. Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #16
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Noweeds are direct bolt on and direct wiring for camaro plus comes with mount for switch. They do offer better hp increase but not alot. Race ready with labor considering your not installing yourself will run you 800 i bet wired and all which is only 150 cheaper for far less quality. But it is some savings. Steve at noweeds will take care of u at all cost and is a firm believer in quality
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #17
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
So your saying a shop will charge $275 to cut 2 pipes, no welding and runing 1 set of wires to the center console? With a sawzall and a few ramps anyone who knows anything about working on cars will have this entire setup done in 2 hours... and thats leaving a 15 min beer break in there...... Dont get me wrong, Noweeds is an amazing product, but by the time you get into a shop and have them weld in those units, install wiring, your talking about a $1300 investment. I like things I can do myself...... and if the race ready ones fail, not only do I have block out plates that bolt on(should they fail while open), i can get any part replaced under warranty.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #18
jsharp

Noweeds are direct bolt on no welding needed. I was saying the labor with qtp or race ready would be high but noweeds u could do yourself as i did
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
Old 10-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #19
jsharp

In other words

Qtp/raceready: 500 plus 200-275 labor (include welding,cutting,wiring) 775
Noweeds: 950 bolts in and can be done by you. Few more hp, better quality and more efficient setup.

175 dollar difference was all i was saying. But i still agree with u it is savings so i think your decision makes sense but its not a BIG difference once you count labor.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #20
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
...With a sawzall and a few ramps anyone who knows anything about working on cars will have this entire setup done in 2 hours... and thats leaving a 15 min beer break in there....
It actually took me about 4 hours, but I take longer beer breaks.

Rage: Did you get the answers to your installation questions? I sent you a series of PMs.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #21
Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post

Rage: Did you get the answers to your installation questions? I sent you a series of PMs.
You were very helpful... thanks for the info To the OP, raceready is bolt up.... QTP needs to be welded..... So the cost is still double for Noweeds over race ready.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #22
Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
LMAO!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #23
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Thumbs up DMH

I just installed my third set of DMH cutouts on a 2010 Camaro. They are a great product, excellent warranty and great customer service.

First set was my own, second set was a close friend so it was a "freebie", third set I charged the guy $450 for the cut outs including installation. Not sure if I'd do it THAT cheap again, but pretty close I am sure... Let me know if anyone needs any information.

I have heard people paying up to $1100 for a set ...

DMH cutouts:

Button placement:

Cutout plcement:

Video:

IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #24
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage
...Where in this link did u run the wires up into the cab? Thanks
I drilled through the plastic drain plugs on both the driver and passenger sides. I don't remember what size bit I used, but it was big enough to accommodate the wiring harness plugs. Then I removed the door sill on each side so I could reach under the carpet to pull the respective plugs through and route them over to the console with a coat hanger. After the wires were properly positioned and everything was working, I refilled the plug holes with silicone. I ran monster tape across the bottom of the drain to hold the silicone in place until it dried (I actually drove with the tape on there a few days). Then I zip-tied the wires to the sub-frame.

Having said all that, I should have gone up through the transmission tunnel, behind the heat shield. There should be enough room under the shifter boot to route the harness over to the driver side of the console, where I mounted the switch. This would make for a cleaner installation because you wouldn't have to route the wires under the sub-frame rails, where they're exposed to the elements and road hazards. You may need to pop the hard plastic trim around the shifter off, but that's easily done.

By the way, that void under the rear console trim is an excellent place to hide your excess wire. Make a coil, zip-tie the loop and leave it there.

Here's your visual, in case you decide to route the harness the same way I did. Like I say, though; if I had it to do over again, I would go up through the tunnel. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that before I went through the floor pans. Too many beer breaks, I guess.
Attached Images

Last edited by kmcd; 10-02-2011 at 11:41 PM.
kmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #25
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Here's the final product:

Old 10-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #26
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I second... that is the location I used as well to run the wires.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #27
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I second... that is the location I used as well to run the wires.
The floor pans, or the tunnel?
Old 10-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
SShift

Drives: Only Bowties!
You guys can think what you want. But if you want to believe in the warranty game go right ahead. Remember what tommy boy said.

QTP is the largest cutout manufacturer, the others are jokes.

Round cutouts are to large for the 5th gen. When you scrape the ground you will know why there is low profile ones made. And those fancy warranty you bought into doesnt cover damage. So enjoy.
SShift is offline   Reply With Quote