Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-10-2018, 04:44 PM   #1
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Question I need a part

Ok so the picture shown is a throttle switch for nitrous. I'm using on one my clutch for my 2 step.

The switch makes a connection for the two wires when it switch is hit.

What I need is the opposite. What I need is the connection to be made when the switch is released.

Where can I get one?
Part number or reference to a website?
Attached Images

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:44 PM   #2
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
What you're looking for is a normally closed switch, there are tons of different sizes and styles available from electronics suppliers like Digikey or McMaster Carr. MSD makes one, part number 8820, that can be wired for normally open or normally closed, the only place I saw one at is HERE.
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #3
Tech@B&MRacing

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_camaro View Post
Ok so the picture shown is a throttle switch for nitrous. I'm using on one my clutch for my 2 step.

The switch makes a connection for the two wires when it switch is hit.

What I need is the opposite. What I need is the connection to be made when the switch is released.

Where can I get one?
Part number or reference to a website?
We use a switch on a number of our B&M Racing shifters that may be exactly what you're looking for! The B&M Racing Replacement Micro Switch - part# 80629. This switch is used for neutral safety and reverse light purposes. They have the same mounting style holes as the one in the photo but they have a slightly different arm. The switch will allow power to flow once pressure on the arm has been released. I have included a pic of the switch below that you can click on to get additional information if needed. I also included a link to the installation instructions for our Quicksilver Shifter, step 12 discusses the installation of the switch.

Installation instructions: CLICK HERE

Please feel free to PM me or call us at 707-544-4761 for additional information.

- Jason @ B&M Racing
Tech@B&MRacing is offline   Reply With Quote