Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Attitudes...

Driving my Camaro around gives me a good attitude, not so much for other drivers.

Cases in point:

1. 97 Vette coupe decided he wanted my lane and proceeds to cut me off and then wouldn't move back over afterwards. I was turning off soon so I "let it go".

2. On way to somewhere else later in the day, I am cruising in a 45mph lane doing about that and a 77 Pontiac Trans-Am sees me that is wanting to turn left into my lane and as soon as he realized my car is a Camaro, he guns it and gets in front of me only to then shut it down to 3 mph below the speed limit until he turns off.

3. Coming back from trip 2, it was getting towards sunset and I put on the halo lights, only because they look so cool, and another Vette, this time about a 2010 or so jumps ahead of me, but this guy wasn't slowing down. He was doing 75 at least down a hill posted at 45mph and known for cops at the bottom where magically it turns to 35mph. He knew something, no cop and he streaked away in a fast manner.

My DD is a Subaru Outback. I am pretty sure none of the above has happened to me in the 4+yrs I have driven it.

Just saying.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
CLEAN

Drives: '19 Stingray '22 MB GLC 300
Same thing happened to me the other day, but I was in my G8. Some people drive like idiots no matter what you're driving that day, accept it and move on.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
I completely understand. For about the past 15 years, I've just driven Mazda sedans, and never had any crap like that happen. I had a 280Z Twin Turbo before that and honestly don't remember if that kind of stuff happened or not because I drove it like a maniac... But I've definitely noticed people trying to show that their ***k is bigger since I've bought my Camaro. Usually Mustang's or rice boy rides. I bet that kind of behavior is a lot more prominent down here in the south, too. Lots of rednecks that think they have something to prove.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
I live 15 minutes from the dealership, and was test driving an SS convertible. Had to drive it back to the house to make sure a camaro would make it up my driveway and into the garage...got a very steep driveway and smallish garage. On the way back to the dealership I opened it up just a little bit, and as soon as i did, some turbo'd acura is trying to race me from the next light, right through sheriff territory!
guess it's no different in hawaii, and i'll just have to get used to it once i get my 1LE delivered...nobody messes with the cavalier i've been driving lol
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:36 AM   #5
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
I get that crap all the time here in PA too. Mostly from import cars. I basically ignore them. I get more dirty looks than anything around here.
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #6
epatrone

Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS L99
I have a 2012 45th 2SS MN6 LS3 and a buddy of mine was in his modded older 5.0 mustang. At work he would brag how fast it is, so opportunity arose. I was on my way into town and so was he, we got next to each other and I murdered him so bad he was nearly in tears. At work he said "man I have to buy a faster car" Been joking with him about since then. He is a good sport can take the punishment. Now he brags about his old Cummings dodge, i have a 2012 Ford F350 6.7 diesel, single cab, i keep egging him on to try me in that with my Ford, he won't, being embarrassed twice would put him in a frenzy. LOL. Ed
epatrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by epatrone View Post
I have a 2012 45th 2SS MN6 LS3 and a buddy of mine was in his modded older 5.0 mustang. At work he would brag how fast it is, so opportunity arose. I was on my way into town and so was he, we got next to each other and I murdered him so bad he was nearly in tears. At work he said "man I have to buy a faster car" Been joking with him about since then. He is a good sport can take the punishment. Now he brags about his old Cummings dodge, i have a 2012 Ford F350 6.7 diesel, single cab, i keep egging him on to try me in that with my Ford, he won't, being embarrassed twice would put him in a frenzy. LOL. Ed

3 things:

1. No street racing stories
2. Change your car description on your profile from L99 to LS3

3. Your friend doesn't need a faster car. Anyone with any track sense knows the 89-93 foxbody Mustangs are some of the easiest cars to turn into absolute monsters on the cheap. For way less than $9k, and properly done, that car could make ZL1 Camaro owners "cry", much less an LS3

This all comes back to something I said in a different thread not long ago: Gen 5 owners are some awfully arrogant people.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
People drive like aholes no matter what you are driving.

Maybe the reason some of you never noticed it when you were driving other cars is you didn't have the chip on your shoulders like you do you when you are driving your Camaro.

ShowSSstopper is on to something.

And, what Camaro can't make it up a driveway?
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Nothing new or out of the ordinary here. It happens quite a bit. My wife and I took my vert to dinner on Friday night. Needless to say, on the way there, some tool gets beside me in a 1988 Caravan Sport, looks over and stomps it to the floor. I was on the phone with my Dad on Sunday and he said a couple young guys did the same thing to him in a Cavalier over the weekend. Cavalier vs. ZL1? These cars make people get froggy for some reason. Just ignore them...

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
People drive like aholes no matter what you are driving.

Maybe the reason some of you never noticed it when you were driving other cars is you didn't have the chip on your shoulders like you do you when you are driving your Camaro.

ShowSSstopper is on to something.

And, what Camaro can't make it up a driveway?
Thank you!

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I really think the only reason so many people complain about people driving like idiots is because of the chip they have on their shoulder, just as you said, and every time someone goes by it's like, "WHAT? Oh how DARE you pass my Camaro ahole!"

And I think that is what is causing all the problems. Because honestly, I've driven MANY different cars, and trucks, and I have ALWAYS seen idiots on the road. I can assure you it is not a Camaro-specific thing.

To be honest, I was just waiting for someone to come out with the Camaro5-patented "Haters gonna hate!" comments. Those are the most ignorant posts to read. Yes, the guy that just cut you off, a.k.a. changed lanes closer to you than you would like, in his Corvette Z06 is TOTALLY jealous of your Camaro. Damn haters!
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote