Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #43
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Yes on the fuel, and yes on the flash counter. No more Bosch ECU.

And good contribution from Norm. Short side radius on the integrated exhaust manifold, etc. is a pretty sharp transtion that can be improved on.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #44
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
First off, come on guys forget the V8 vs V6 and LLT vs LFX crap.

I don't feel the LFX is hindered by its lack of header options. Honestly 1/2 to 3/4 of the power gained from LT headers is the addition of the High Flow Cats, which can be done on the LFX. Now you have an LFX pumping out at least as much, or maybe even more peak power than an LLT with long tube headers.

We typically see 15 to 20 HP peak gain with LT headers on the LLT, so based on stock numbers (312) you should see 327-332 HP which is a bit more than a stock LFX (323).

SOLO has shown up to a 15 HP increase with their high flow cats on a stock LLT. Apply the same logic to an LFX and you have power somewhere in the 333 - 338 range.

The downside is that you may be missing some of the scavageing properties of the LT headers which helps with TQ (but probably not noticed much) and you can't get quite the same sound as with real LT headers. Mostly talking about the growl/rumble they add.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #45
joepitt

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro, 2017 Acura
good practical car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Thanks, you know that someone is figuring out mods for that LFX as we speak, or write...

Just saw an ad for Honda touting their V6 at 278HP, which is admirable but it is bolted onto an Accord... which is a good practical car, whatever that is.
The good practical car is the one you drive when there's too much snow to drive the Camaro or you need to haul a bunch of people or stuff
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
Old 09-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #46
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
First off, come on guys forget the V8 vs V6 and LLT vs LFX crap.

I don't feel the LFX is hindered by its lack of header options. Honestly 1/2 to 3/4 of the power gained from LT headers is the addition of the High Flow Cats, which can be done on the LFX. Now you have an LFX pumping out at least as much, or maybe even more peak power than an LLT with long tube headers.

We typically see 15 to 20 HP peak gain with LT headers on the LLT, so based on stock numbers (312) you should see 327-332 HP which is a bit more than a stock LFX (323).

SOLO has shown up to a 15 HP increase with their high flow cats on a stock LLT. Apply the same logic to an LFX and you have power somewhere in the 333 - 338 range.

The downside is that you may be missing some of the scavageing properties of the LT headers which helps with TQ (but probably not noticed much) and you can't get quite the same sound as with real LT headers. Mostly talking about the growl/rumble they add.

Have to agree. the LLT & LFX are both unreal with what power we have been able to make. Both are unreal in the HP per CI/Liter and look how far we have been pushing them! And we have more products in the works for both and the Mace cams will fit both.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #47
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
V8 has torque....... But what if I want to drive further than 1/4 mile at a time. Lets say I want to drive a 20 mile loop of roads on Sunday after noon. Will it be better in the over torqued V8 or the fast but controllable V6. I'm betting that on any given Sunday on any 20 mile loop of public road the V8 wont get around that loop any faster than the V6.

You see that is where I drive for fun, the back roads and I have to share those roads with other cars, motorcycles and bicyclist. So i cant go sideways around every corner that would be irresponsible.

In your statement you say "The V8 has torque the V6 only dreams about" my V6 has never had that dream.
So says the guy with the V6. I have heard every excuse in the book about how a V6 is as good, just as good, and better than a V8. Ever wonder why the V8's are in the top-notch cars?

Sorry all, I like the V6, quite incredible, 323HP makes Honda scratch their head, and they have one heck of a racing division.

People talking about V6's is like a guy with 6", ...."sure honey, 8" would be better, but it fits better in my shorts this way, easier to clean and take care of....
Old 09-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #48
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Thanks, you know that someone is figuring out mods for that LFX as we speak, or write...

Just saw an ad for Honda touting their V6 at 278HP, which is admirable but it is bolted onto an Accord... which is a good practical car, whatever that is.
You gotta wonder what happened to Honda. Was a great line...now granny boats.

Closed Thread