Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #547
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Eagerly awaiting the response in the form of a GT350.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #548
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Eagerly awaiting the response in the form of a GT350.
Speculating with a TT 5.0 perhaps...

More and more each day I have a feeling the Z/28 will be north of 70K... I wish it won't be since my guesstimate is 60-65k but we'll all see...
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #549
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
No way this car will be 90 or 100k. Look at what GM added with the 1LE package for $3500. This car will be no more than 70k tops.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #550
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
If any spends over $75k on this, they need to go to rehab because they're smoking some very serious shit.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #551
Verbolten

Drives: someday a convertible
Sanding down glass to make it thin is very expensive...
Verbolten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #552

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
No way this car will be 90 or 100k. Look at what GM added with the 1LE package for $3500. This car will be no more than 70k tops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
If any spends over $75k on this, they need to go to rehab because they're smoking some very serious shit.
I would just keep in mind that this Z/28 isn't going to be another high volume option/model like when the ZL-1 and the 1LE were added to the line-up for a customer's choice at the lot...

They're not gonna price this car so that it takes away sales from their own line up that is now offered...

The sales numbers for the Z/28 won't be large enough to make it "affordable" like the others and have it's costs spread out with higher volume sales...

IMO, it's part of the "Z/28" thing, instead of the "Z28"....Just my take on it...

Last edited by 90503; 04-11-2013 at 08:35 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #553
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
for the people saying only like 5-8K in dealer mark ups, you must have very friendly dealers haha. In my area if one of my dealers land one of these I expect at least a 10K dealer mark up on the first ones.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #554
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I would just keep in mind that this Z/28 isn't going to be another high volume option/model like when the ZL-1 and the 1LE were added to the line-up for a customer's choice at the lot...

They're not gonna price this car so that it takes away sales from their own line up that is now offered...

The sales numbers for the Z/28 won't be large enough to make it "affordable" like the others and have it's costs spread out with higher volume sales...

IMO, it's part of the "Z/28" thing, instead of the "Z28"....Just my take on it...
The ZL1 and 1LE aren't high volume models. At any price, the Z/28 won't take away any sales from the ZL1 or 1LE. There are clear cut delineations in performance between them, and they are priced accordingly...and reasonably.
Affordability is subjective.The Z/28 is a special purpose, purpose built car for one target group. It will be priced no differently, with the same cost to profit ratio as the other models. They only project to make X amount of these specialty vehicles, and it's baked into the cake with the allocations. That can be adjusted over time. They are all very low in production, as compared to cars designed for mass transportation, where the cost of production over total volume would probably have a more tangible effect. The Z/28 will no doubt be a pleasant surprise where it comes in at with it's MSRP. It will fall in line with it's other Camaro HP brothers. I can't wait to find out the final build information and specifications. This is mean motor scooter, bad go getter Camaro I truely desire, after all these years.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
The ZL1 and 1LE aren't high volume models. At any price, the Z/28 won't take away any sales from the ZL1 or 1LE. There are clear cut delineations in performance between them, and they are priced accordingly...and reasonably.
Affordability is subjective.The Z/28 is a special purpose, purpose built car for one target group. It will be priced no differently, with the same cost to profit ratio as the other models. They only project to make X amount of these specialty vehicles, and it's baked into the cake with the allocations. That can be adjusted over time. They are all very low in production, as compared to cars designed for mass transportation, where the cost of production over total volume would probably have a more tangible effect. The Z/28 will no doubt be a pleasant surprise where it comes in at with it's MSRP. It will fall in line with it's other Camaro HP brothers. I can't wait to find out the final build information and specifications. This is mean motor scooter, bad go getter Camaro I truely desire, after all these years.

Good points...I knew my sales comment would come off bad...lol...I think your use of "specialty" is something too consider...1LE, ZL1...sort of a mixed bag of upgrades to the SS, (please don't slam me for that one, but in general, you get my drift...lol) built with components used in other models...Not a "high" volume, as you say, but certainly more than what the Z/28 will be...

...Just sayin' this Z/28 uses nothing...brakes,suspension, tires, wheels, engine, rear-end, seats, widened fender flares, weight reduction,etc...that any of the other models do...It will be very pricey....

Last edited by 90503; 04-11-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #556
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Good points...I knew my sales comment would come off bad...lol...I think your use of "specialty" is something too consider...1LE, ZL1...sort of a mixed bag of upgrades to the SS, (please don't slam me for that one, but in general, you get my drift...lol) built with components used in other models...Not a "high" volume, as you say, but certainly more than what the Z/28 will be...

...Just sayin' this Z/28 uses nothing...brakes,suspension, tires, wheels, engine, rear-end, seats, widened fender flares, weight reduction,etc...that any of the other models do...It will be very pricey....
Well, it's all good as they say! We need to pass the time until the final specs and figures come out on the Z/28! OK, you have generalized a bit too much by saying the Z/28 uses nothing over...IMHO the Z/28 will use a good amount of what the '13 and the refresh Camaro will use. Major revisions will be the nose/fascia/hood, tail/fascia,decklid (and lighting). The LS7 has been around since '08 I believe, and I betcha from the bellhousing backward it will be the same as the 1LE, (TR6060, driveshaft, rear axle housing/ratio/half shafts). Weight reduction saves money actually on the build. Recaro's are probably same in some way as used in other models, except stripped down with no power. That's all cost saving. The carbon ceramic brakes, DSSV dampers and springs/stab bars will be new. It should not have to be anything more than 64,995 MSRP to make a handsome profit.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #557

Yeah, that "passing the time"...lol...How's that supposed to work?...lol
Old 04-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #558
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Wow im shocked that I actually made it through ever single post in this thread lol A lot of folks keep saying the same thing even after it was stated by Fbodfather what a Z/28 is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I'll wait until GM releases a Z/28 like the 4th Gen which was a DD.
There never was a Z/28 in a 4thgen. There was a Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I respect your wishes but I hope GM never goes there again with this car.
I hope you're right

Folks the Z/28 was a Track car!!!! Yall are used to going to car shows and seeing a garage built show queen with Z/28 emblems on it.

I think the Camaro team needed to do this. So many folks call themselves Camaro Enthusiast and they dont even know the history of this car.

I hope GM doesnt even sell the emblems aftermarket. Only a Real car deserves to wear the Z/28 badge.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #559
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Because not all track driving is wheel to wheel competition and fighting for position/coaxing the other guy into making a mistake that lets you get past him, and the not-racing side of it seems to be growing. For example, NJMP here in NJ has been sending out direct advertising via email about driving your street car on their tracks with several dates planned. Approaching/entering Turn 7 on the 1.9 mile Lightning course shown below. Not all of the cars are street legal.

Think "run what you brung" open-tracking at slightly/somewhat less than 10/10ths, "point-by" passing on straights only, and where the cars out on the track during any given session would very likely never fit into the same competition class anyway. And although there generally isn't any official lap timing, most folks do like to pick up the pace as they gain experience.

Not everybody cares to then have to own a truck (that they'd at most rarely use otherwise), plus the trailer (ditto), and then find a place to park all three vehicles, which is what you'd be facing with operating a non street-legal track car.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #560
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Sure it can be driven on the street, but with no amenities. I think they should have made this into a more streetable car. Drop in the ls7 and a few other goodies. The price could be in the 40's then.
No amenities? I guess I grew up in a time where I think it has to many still, lol.
Crank windows would be nice, no A/C is great, cruise control can't use on the track why have it, power mirrors don't need, etc etc.

Just my input, wish the LS base model didn't have so many amenities!
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote