Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #99
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Alright just got home from work,it's time for round two.....ding,ding.Just kidding.but i sure laughed a lot today thinking about this.

Laughed about what the fact that you're too stupid to do anything but quote engineers? Like I said it's funny how much you guys put on people that designed a car like this. Everything they've done is just making up for what it should've been from day one.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #100
Cody6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arodr395 View Post
People like what?
They drove around a track, I didn't.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #101
Cody6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
And your Mustang has been in its current form for how long??? And it's still wayyyyyy behind a 1LE let alone a ZL1 and Z/28.
Way behind in what?

Unless of course you think there's still a big secret to the handling differences between the Mustang and Camaro. With that being said handling is the only category a Camaro anything excels at compared to a Mustang. I completely understand Mustangs from the V6 to the GT500 are under-tired be it compound or actual size. Point being that too many folks in here look past common sense and fail to compare all the variables just because GM engineers said so or because they did some laps.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #102
Cody6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlugSS View Post
I have a 1le as soon as I find a shop that can put the right size tire on I will do it.
You installing that fish tank CAI the same day?
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #103
Cody6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
And you'd be?

Front:
double-ball-joint, multi-link strut; direct-acting stabilizer bar; progressive-rate coil springs; inverted monotube shock absorber
Rear: 4.5-link independent; progressive-rate coil springs over monotube shock absorbers; stabilizer bar;
Traction control: StabiliTrak, electronic stability control
Brakes

Type:
Power-assisted, Carbon Ceramic Matrix front and rear discs; six-piston fixed front, and four-piston rear calipers
Rotor diameter x thickness: Front: 15.5 x 1.4 in (394 x 36 mm)
Rear: 15.3 x 1.3 in (390 x 32 mm)
Rear rotor (in / mm):
Wheels / Tires

Wheel size:
front: 19-inch x 11-inch
rear: 19-inch x 11.5-inch
Tires: Pirelli PZero Trofeo R
front: P305/30ZR19
rear: P305/30ZR19
11 vs 11.5 with a 305 tire isn't near the stretch if any at all compared to the 10 vs 11 with a 285 on the 1LE.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #104
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Laughed about what the fact that you're too stupid to do anything but quote engineers? Like I said it's funny how much you guys put on people that designed a car like this. Everything they've done is just making up for what it should've been from day one.
I can tell you that one of the engineers on the Z28 and 1LE is one of the best Pro Touring drivers in the nation, so I would take what he says a gospel in regard to our Camaro's...so I would show some respect to the design team.

that being said, I don't have his skills and like my Camaro set up with a slightly larger rear tire for a bit more grip after adding more horsepower...that's my preference for handling in my Camaro on the track...
Old 06-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #105
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Way behind in what?

Unless of course you think there's still a big secret to the handling differences between the Mustang and Camaro. With that being said handling is the only category a Camaro anything excels at compared to a Mustang. I completely understand Mustangs from the V6 to the GT500 are under-tired be it compound or actual size. Point being that too many folks in here look past common sense and fail to compare all the variables just because GM engineers said so or because they did some laps.
After watching an hour long special (commercial) by Ford and their engineering team showcasing the Boss as their BEST EVER I'd say they don't know the "big secret".
Old 06-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #106
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Man this Cody guy is too much!!!!!!!!
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #107
natmad

Drives: WTB '16 1SS Magride NPP Recaros 6m
I went back and read the entire thread.

The 2010 Camaro was not designed to achieve the fastest road course lap times.

It was designed to outsell the Mustang, which it has.

The 1LE was designed to achieve the fastest road course lap times.

Expert drivers who happen to be expert handling and chassis dynamics engineers drove the heck out of the 1LE test mules on the track and on the road to engineer the most track capable LS3 Camaro that is also a good daily driver.

Here's how the testing went:

1. 285 x 10 on the front, 305 x 11 on the rear (like the ZL1) caused the less powerful 1LE to PUSH a little at the limit so the car can't rotate as well in the corners because of too much grip in the rear for optimal times. The ZL1 needs the rear grip because... 580 hp.

2. 285 x 10 on the front, 285 x 10 on rear caused the 1LE to be be a little LOOSE at the limit so the driver can't get on the gas as early or as hard out of corners. Not quite enough rear grip for optimal times.

3. 285 x 10 on the front, 285 x 11 on the rear resulting in a NEUTRAL handling balance and a car capable of quicker lap times. The stretched 285 tire on the 11 inch rear wheel has the correct amount of rear grip to get the 1LE around a track the fastest. This balance is why the 1LE is faster on a road course than the lighter and more powerful Laguna Seca Boss 302 with R compound tires.

To just throw a sqaure setup on the car with no testing would be stupid and woudn't be as fast.

Push is safe, loose is fun, neutral is FAST and just right. Porridge time.

Last edited by natmad; 06-03-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling
natmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #108
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
You guys are wasting your time by feeding the troll. He is obviously just here to prove everyone wrong and how much smarter he is than everyone else.

This is with his obviously superior Bench-racing Internet experience, that he got from something someone said on a rustang board once, so it much be true. And he knows in his deepest most inner-secret place, that if we just listened, our eyes would be opened to how true everything he says is. Then we would all bow down and give him the worship, he obviously thinks he justly deserves.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #109
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
You guys are wasting your time by feeding the troll. He is obviously just here to prove everyone wrong and how much smarter he is than everyone else.

This is with his obviously superior Bench-racing Internet experience, that he got from something someone said on a rustang board once, so it much be true. And he knows in his deepest most inner-secret place, that if we just listened, our eyes would be opened to how true everything he says is. Then we would all bow down and give him the worship, he obviously thinks he justly deserves.

Oh so what you're saying is ignorance is not bliss.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #110
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post

Everyones wrong because he said so!!! I know this cause I read it on the internet.
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #111
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by natmad View Post
I went back and read the entire thread.

The 2010 Camaro was not designed to achieve the fastest road course lap times.

It was designed to outsell the Mustang, which it has.

The 1LE was designed to achieve the fastest road course lap times.

Expert drivers who happen to be expert handling and chassis dynamics engineers drove the heck out of the 1LE test mules on the track and on the road to engineer the most track capable LS3 Camaro that is also a good daily driver.

Here's how the testing went:

1. 285 x 10 on the front, 305 x 11 on the rear (like the ZL1) caused the less powerful 1LE to PUSH a little at the limit so the car can't rotate as well in the corners because of too much grip in the rear for optimal times. The ZL1 needs the rear grip because... 580 hp.

2. 285 x 10 on the front, 285 x 10 on rear caused the 1LE to be be a little LOOSE at the limit so the driver can't get on the gas as early or as hard out of corners. Not quite enough rear grip for optimal times.

3. 285 x 10 on the front, 285 x 11 on the rear resulting in a NEUTRAL handling balance and a car capable of quicker lap times. The stretched 285 tire on the 11 inch rear wheel has the correct amount of rear grip to get the 1LE around a track the fastest. This balance is why the 1LE is faster on a road course than the lighter and more powerful Laguna Seca Boss 302 with R compound tires.

To just throw a sqaure setup on the car with no testing would be stupid and woudn't be as fast.

Push is safe, loose is fun, neutral is FAST and just right. Porridge time.
Nice find!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #112
Arodr395

Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I think if you leave your Camaro 1LE stock then having the 285 tires all around would be better then changing the rear wheels to 305's. Now if you plan on modding the car to get more horsepower out of it then I think changing the rear tires to 305's would be best.
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote