Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #71
2011 5.0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 "Kona Blue"
Only question I have is, why don't they ever do the Mustang on these shows?
2011 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #72
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
And honestly i dont care how many ass-kissers we get for this Tiff guy, if he is obviously butchering the cars' handling in the videos thats all the proof i need. Dont show me some wikipedia post or some clip of him driving the wheels off some other car cause you know what? Its totally irrelevant to this video. Honestly, if you want a review of the car go test drive one, dont let these snobs and "former professionals" tell you whats better than what because everyone has their own wants and needs and their own oppinions on what makes them happy
I'd like to see you do better on a wet track

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 5.0 View Post
Only question I have is, why don't they ever do the Mustang on these shows?
Over there, all three are essentially novelty cars. And the Camaro and Challenger are simple more novel than the Mustang.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #73
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The fact that it was raining may have had something to do with it too ...
That would effect his time but he was real herky jerky and was under-steering and over steering and didn't pull one good power slide... or drift as they call it now a days... he really seemed uncomfortable in a car that was a bit of a challenge to drive. I'm not dissing the guy in general but that was a horrible display of driving skill. Looked to me like he was using two feet on the pedals and it was throwing him severly... it seriously looked like a total amateur got his hands on a couple cars and filmed it for youtube... He might be hell on wheels with a Ferrari or something but he sucked tailpipe in that vid.
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #74
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
That would effect his time but he was real herky jerky and was under-steering and over steering and didn't pull one good power slide... or drift as they call it now a days... he really seemed uncomfortable in a car that was a bit of a challenge to drive. I'm not dissing the guy in general but that was a horrible display of driving skill. Looked to me like he was using two feet on the pedals and it was throwing him severly... it seriously looked like a total amateur got his hands on a couple cars and filmed it for youtube... He might be hell on wheels with a Ferrari or something but he sucked tailpipe in that vid.
How I interpret it is that the car was difficult to control in the wet, and he was doing all that he could to prevent it from sliding around on the track.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 11-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #75
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
LOL, I see it the other way.. he didn't know how to drive those cars. ( not that he doesnt know how to drive)

Like I said given a lot more time behind the wheel he might have shown better. Lets face it you need proper wheel time in order to know the ins and outs. My car is 4150 lbs with me in it and 600+ rwhp... pushes bad in the corners.. he would have wrecked it if he tried to drive it. Its just a matter of experience and I've been driving v8 powered nose heavy cars all my life... he's been driving lightweight better handling cars. Not really a dis on him, just on that poor driving exhibition caused by lack of experience in Detroit muscle ( so to speak)
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #76
2011 5.0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 "Kona Blue"
Quote:
I'd like to see you do better on a wet track

Over there, all three are essentially novelty cars. And the Camaro and Challenger are simple more novel than the Mustang.
Yes a novelty, but the Mustang got the redesign at the same time as the Camaro and after the Challenger. Also has the newest powertrain. Novelty defines new and unusual. What's so Unusual about all three? And the Mustang obviously has the new engine and design. So why not put it on the show? We all know the Camaro would beat the Challenger. That's been done a couple of times now, thats not new. The M3 vs Mustang was new. All I'm saying is I'm sick of the Camaro Comparisons. Especially when we know if it's going to win or lose. Top Gear " Let's compare a Camaro to a 90k Mercedes." Now 5th Gear " Lets compare the Camaro to a Challenger in which we all know the Camaro will win." Compare the Camaro to something more close then so far apart or already done. Agree?

P.S This is not hating on either cars.
2011 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #77
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
What I love about this video. No matter what He says negatively about either of these cars, you couldn't slap the shit eating grin off of His face!!
100% totally agree!!!! Camaros are wicked fun to drive

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #78
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
You know something, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if many of these review cars are in need of a fuse-pull
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #79
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
LOL, I see it the other way.. he didn't know how to drive those cars. ( not that he doesnt know how to drive)

Like I said given a lot more time behind the wheel he might have shown better. Lets face it you need proper wheel time in order to know the ins and outs. My car is 4150 lbs with me in it and 600+ rwhp... pushes bad in the corners.. he would have wrecked it if he tried to drive it. Its just a matter of experience and I've been driving v8 powered nose heavy cars all my life... he's been driving lightweight better handling cars. Not really a dis on him, just on that poor driving exhibition caused by lack of experience in Detroit muscle ( so to speak)
But he also drives a dozen different cars each year as part of the show, including big heavy V8's (such as other Holden sourced cars or large sedans, or the occasional 'Yank tank'). I can't believe he is unable to figure out how to drive a bone stock Camaro SS.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 11-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #80
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
Obviously this guy is not used to driving a real muscle car on the track...... he was making alot of rookie mistakes........ They could have used an ameauter SCCA racer from the States to test the cars out..... they would have gone quicker and not look as sloppy as the British dude.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #81
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
The way I look at it this Brit had a severe handicap. It's no wonder he couldn't drive either car--he's had his legs amputated! If he had the seat any closer to the steering wheel he would be kissing the air bag. Move the seat back a couple of inches and he'd have better arm position and better turning leverage and reactions.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #82
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Quote:
Owners most likely. I don't think the Camaro is officially for sale in Europe, so GM doesn't really have a test fleet for the Europeans.
That is the official UK (or Euro) GM car. The same one featured on Top Gear and in various motoring press over here in the UK.

Tiff knows his stuff and didn't bad-mouth either car. They are what they are, and you love yours, right? So care not what he or anyone else says - the important part here is that the Camaro won't sell here anyway so it's completely and totally irrelavant.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #83
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Why do I always get pissed off when I hear the Brits talk about us "Yanks"? Is it because they're so insulting whenever they open their mouths? Or is it because they're so arrogant as they insult? Maybe they forgot how we bailed them out 65 years ago and never got so much as a thank you. I guess I wouldn't know since I'm too busy going to rodeos all the time in my "Yank-tank".

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #84
Firefly

Drives: 2010 camaro inferno orange
i noticed the same thing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
What I love about this video. No matter what He says negatively about either of these cars, you couldn't slap the shit eating grin off of His face!!
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote