Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #225
J3ffZ28

Drives: 2010 2ss blk white stripes camaro
the only reason why i would ever care is if they added this feature is if i had to wait an extra extended period(which i dont have to wait ) of time for my car . I just want my car and when i get it ill be a happy camper.
If you guys really care about not having the sensors so much, then just remove them/ or be happy you have ur new car.
3000, Order accepted by production control:8/20/09
TPW: 9/14/09
3300, Order scheduled for production: 8/31/09
3400, Order broadcast 9/14/09
3800, Order produced 9/22/09
4000, Available to ship 9/22/09
4200, Shipped 9/29/09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 10/7/09
6000, Delivered to the customer 10/7/09
Old 08-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #226
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGeek View Post
I'm impressed by all the passion about backup sensors. I don't think I care one way or another, but there seems to be some misunderstanding. The only way you'd get the sensors is if you get the 1LT w/ the SRJ package or the 2LT or 2SS. So, if you are all about performance, I am guessing that you have or want the SS. The things that the 2SS has that you can't get on a 1SS are

Bluetooth, PDIM, USB port, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, cargo convenience net, remote vehicle starter system (with AT), Universal Home Remote, Heated leather seats, heated side mirror; driver-side auto-dimming, inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, and the gauge cluster.

Apart from the gauge cluster, these are not performance (more muscle) options. If you really don't like the backup sensors, 1SS with aftermarket gauges may be a good choice. Just a thought.

My 2LT will be my daily commuter, so I am looking forward to the comfort and gas savings in a damn fun, good looking car.
Wow, very good point... Great post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I'm an old fart, I like all the bells and whistles on a car. I grew up with crank windows, drum brakes, pump windshield washers ..... If you want to rough it just buy the base model and build it the way you want ....
Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #227
ROE

Drives: 2008 cts
this should have been as the first car came off the line
Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #228
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildClay View Post
Actually HUD sounds kind of marginal until you have had one, when it came with my first Grand Prix GTP, I thought on the test drive, I am glad I can turn it off, but after having now over 8 years on 2 GP's I have to say they are great and I am already looking at after-market ones to add to my Camaro for just the speed, I have not had to look down for speed in a very long time now. That said, nothing can match factory installed HUD...
I had it in my 2000 GTP. I didn't like it at all the first month or so but that quickly changed. Had to have it changed 2x under warranty and the time it went bad till i got into the dealer I was like
Old 08-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #229
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
long thread.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #230
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
I have my car already and wont retro fit my car but I will tell everyone now its a good idea to have the sensers.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #231
katman

Drives: 2LT Auto RS sunroof
This is a great option to have, there are blind spots when trying to parallel park. What you might not realize is that insurance companies gather data on all new models for the first 3 model years. They want to know the expected frequency and severity of claims of a particular model. This option will help keep our insurance rates down, especially in crowded urban areas!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #232
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
which is more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDOG View Post
Back up sensors on your muscle cars, not good. I have them on our minivan and thats where they belong. Bet ya the Mustang and Challenger forums will have a field day with this option.
Not as much fun as they will have posting pics of Camaros that have backed over curbs, puppies, Mustangs, Challengers, siblings etc. I say bring on the sensors.

Also, let them talk we can laugh when we post 1/4 mile numbers
Old 08-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #233
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
--I haven't had the chance to read thru the entire thread but I'll add my two cents....

We discussed this with our Camaro Disciples because we felt it was important to get the Enthusiast point of view. (It was my belief that more buyers who did not necessarily ever own a Camaro would want this feature....and I wish I'd held off buying Mom Settlemire her Camaro just to get this feature) The disciples felt that it was well worth offering.

In a perfect world, we'd offer every option as a 'free-standing' option.....but it would certainly add substantial cost if we didn't have packages -- further, it makes assembly much more difficult and more mistakes could occur.

We were the last manufacturer, I believe, to 'de-proliferate' -- the Imports have very few choices -- Stripped, Middle, Loaded -- that's it.......

So the decision was not made in a vacuum.....

We worked hard to make the system as concealed as possible. You receive an audible warning -- no lights.
Fbodfather...since you're in the know...can you shed any light on the question many folks are asking? For those of us who really, really want this feature, but whose cars are already past 2000, will there be a way to retro-fit at our dealer (or anywhere else)? This is a big, big deal for some of us!

Appreciate any help or further info on this specific situation...there are apparently a good number of us who want to know!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by PnCRedJwl2SS; 08-29-2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-29-2009, 02:21 AM   #234
WildClay

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
I had it in my 2000 GTP. I didn't like it at all the first month or so but that quickly changed. Had to have it changed 2x under warranty and the time it went bad till i got into the dealer I was like
I know the feeling, in my first GP I was without it for like a week while the dealer waited for a part and I had no idea how addicted to it I had become.

This is why I searched out after-market ones, none really very good, so I will settle for a cheap GPS based one that is speed and direction only. Since I use it really for speed it should be ok. What I hate though is you have to put on a reflective piece on the windshield to make it work right. I have it in a box here, I got it on eBay, but still not sure if I will go through with it...
3800 - 9/9/9 - Produced
5000 - 9/16/9 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 - 9/17/9 - Delivered to Customer

Many Thanks to CamaroScotty and a friend at GM!! Dealer and GM Customer Service at its best!
Old 08-29-2009, 02:28 AM   #235
WildClay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
That's right, some people have said the view out of a Camaro is limited..But as of August 31st, Camaro's will be built with back up sensors. A new feature for those with cars on order!

Back up sensors will be included on the 2SS, 2LT and 1LT w/SRJ package.

Thanks for the Info Scotty, love or hate'em at least we know! I had no idea the topic would be this emotional though...
3800 - 9/9/9 - Produced

Many Thanks to CamaroScotty and a friend at GM!! Dealer and GM Customer Service at its best!
Old 08-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #236
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post

in all honesty, who the **** are you?

are you the general public?

are you the panel of 12 gear heads that were the ones who suggested that this be a good idea?

i can not understand some of you people with your high ******* horse attitude that you need what you want and there's nothing else about it.

go away, your part of the reason why the 4th gen went away to begin with (along with your whinning how things should be options and the way you want them which increases costs and when only so few people buy those things well then a car goes the way of the dodo)

realize for once and for all that this car is meant to appeal to all people of all walks of life and that's the way it needs to be if you still want to drive a camaro in 5 years.

take it with a grain of salt that cause they add one or two features that it causese enough of the general public to buy enough camaro's that the next powerhouse is a feasible developement through GM.

pardon my language but i am so damn sick and tired of people bitching about things that in the end are the better for a car they supposedly care about (when in fact all they care about is themselves 94% of the time).

and one more thing. just for a second think that people might actually enjoy this feature. i drive perfectly well on my own and dont need a system, but if there's something that lets me know when i'm 1-2 feet away from a car behind me while i'm parellel parking, then i wont need to put the car in neutral and hike up my parking brake just so i can step outside and make sure that i'm not about to hit the guy behind me thanks to that beautiful high honched rear end.

and to those who put a damnation to technology that helps people (and in many cases gives people a crutch) go screw yourself and ride around on a LSX 454 sled with 4 wheels and a tranny, there's your barebones ride.

//end rant
Wow. I hate them too. Want to go at it with me?
Old 08-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #237
WildClay

Quote:
Originally Posted by off1c3r View Post
It will probably look something like this, which to me isn't that bad:

(you don't even notice them at first)
They look like the back-up lights to me in that picture, of they are the rectangular things...
3800 - 9/9/9 - Produced

Old 08-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #238
WildClay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BVert View Post
If a dealer ordered the car to sell in the showroom (STOCK order), the cars will automatically get the park assist and the price will go up.

If the dealer ordered a car for a specific person (SOLD order), park assist MUST be added if it is lower than 2000. If it is 2000 or higher, park assist will not be added.

That's how I read it.
I would also add that some dealers, such as mine, for whatever reason, place all of their orders as "STOCK", I found this out only this week while trying to figure out something else.

So you might want to ask your dealer if your order is in as "STOCK" or "SOLD" it looks like it makes a difference for this and it may have been a contributor to the other change in my order.
3800 - 9/9/9 - Produced

Closed Thread