Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Am I expecting too much from my service advisor?

On Wednesday, June 11th I dropped my Camaro off for some warranty service. I wanted the following checked:

-Trunk that would not open.
-Full heat from vents at restart when the car was at operating temperature regardless of the temperature setting.
-Fluctuating fan speed from HVAC system
-Driver and passenger side seat backs that would not unlock and fold forward.
-Engine ticking at cold starts.

On Friday afternoon I called the service advisor (only time she has ever answered the phone). Wasn't even calling to ask about my car, just to ask about the recall. At that time she said she would check on my car. Came back a few minutes later and said my car would be ready later in the afternoon. Around 4:00.

On my way to drop off my loaner at Enterprise (I was actually read to pull into the parking lot) the advisor called me to say my car wouldn't be ready. She said when she went to check on my car earlier, she checked on the wrong 2011 Camaro. She then said that the tech heard the ticking but had to change the oil first. That was the first step of diagnosis. She made it sound like I'd be able to pick up the car Monday. I figured they would do an oil change then I'd drive it a few days to see if the ticking continued.

Monday came and no word from the advisor. I'm off work at 3:30 and work a few minutes from the dealership. My house is 30 minutes to an hour from the dealership depending on traffic. I called at 2:30 inquiring about my car and left a voice mail. I also mentioned how close I was in case it was gong to be ready.

Got off work and drove home. No call back. Around 4:00 I called again. Got voice mail. Same at 4:30, 5:00 and 5:30. Didnt leave messages beacuse I didnt want to come off as an ass. Finally at 5:50 (service closes at 6:00) I called the main number and they tracked her down. She said the lifters needed to be replaced and I should have the car back Wednesday the 18th.

Wednesday came and gone. No calls. No updates.

Today (Thursday) I called around 2:30. Left a voice mail. No call back. Called a couple times after coming home from work. No answer. Is it normal for service advisors to never be at their desk?

Am I unreasonable to expect at least a status update? I understand if they need to order parts or if something unexpected came up. But at least let me know whats going on when the time my car was promised to me comes and goes. I'm not asking for special treatment, for my car to be rushed to be repaired to to be pushed ahead of other customers. Just call me back in a reasonable amount of time when I leave a message.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Customer service is king. I'm not sure why your advisor is so flaky but you'll get her attention when you take the survey. I don't think Chevy wants an advisor that doesn't take care of their most important thing - Their customers

Surveys are very important to them

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Sounds reasonable to me to expect some sort of update. Sorry for your problems. Hope it is resolved soon.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
Low Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
Customer service is king. I'm not sure why your advisor is so flaky but you'll get her attention when you take the survey. I don't think Chevy wants an advisor that doesn't take care of their most important thing - Their customers

Surveys are very important to them
I know when the survey comes this aspect of it wont be stellar. I still don't know if they fully addressed all my issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Sounds reasonable to me to expect some sort of update. Sorry for your problems. Hope it is resolved soon.
Thanks. I hope so too.

I'll probably wait until an hour after they open tomorrow to give her a chance to answer my voice mail from today. If not, I'll call and leave another. If I still don't get a call back by lunch I'll pay her a visit on my lunch break.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #5
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Am I expecting too much from my service advisor?

Do we have the same advisors???? Hahaha. Having the same exact issue. Took my ZL1 for some Issues which all have TSBs on. ABL light dim in spots, rear diff whine on turns, and fog light replacement which I'm paying for. Dropped it off Tuesday and was told yesterday it would be ready today. Same scenario, I work 5 min from dealer and live 30 miles away. Show up after no call backs nor updates and car isn't even ready. In fact, all that was done was diagnostics and still trying to figure out how to handle it. If they aren't done tomorrow, I'm picking it up as is.

All I ask is for updates and honesty. I feel like I'm being jerked around. Today he told me the diff flush which is called out in the TSB may not be covered under warranty. I asked why and he had no answer. Said we will know tomorrow when he talks to the lead tech. Said its a service item. It's a 2013 ZL1. I am not due for a diff flush yet. Morons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #6
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
have to say the only time I ever hear from my service advisor is if there is a problem or the vehicle is ready, and I have known Bob for 20 years and 9 cars..

if they have no info to report they aren't going to call, they have dozens if not hundreds of customers to deal with per week and if the tech doesn't say something specific about your vehicle to them then they aren't of mind to call you and report.. well nothing.

also keep in mind your complaints would require the vehicle to most likely be handed around the shop to several techs that specialize in each specific thing.. HVAC, Trunk, Interior, Motor..

Most likely it isn't 1 tech doing it all (possible but unlikely) and if that is the case then the service advisor is probably even more in the dark as the techs simply move the vehicle from bay to bay for each thing..

I've always found if I haven't heard for 2 days that I call and ask for the advisor to be paged, if they transfer me to the voicemail I leave a message then immediately call back and ask for them to be paged again, and I can say without my doubt that when I do get to talk to them they have nothing to report.. They call when they have info on the computer screen entered by the tech in front of them and have something to say.

I am not defending her lack of communication, just explaining that having worked as a tech in the past and knowing my advisor on a social as well as business level "I get it" more than some.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:26 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
The service advisors have a tough job, especially now with all the recalls. Since my top replacement I now have the service manager's personal cell number, if I have questions about my car guess who gets called?
Old 06-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #8
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I have two service advisers, one of whom I have his personal number and we really only communicate with text messages, which works for me, and he keeps me super updated.

My other service adviser I use at home when I'm not at college rarely answers his phone and it always go to voice mail, but he always calls back within a hour.

So no, you're not expecting too much.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #9
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I always trained my dealership service advisers to call the customer at 10 and 2 with status reports, and when diagnosis and/or repairs were complete. You should expect no less than that.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #10
Low Saturn

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it. I've owned a lot of new and used cars in the last 25 years. Probably close to 25 vehicles. None ever saw the inside of a dealership service department once I drove them off the lot. So this is kind of a new experience for me.
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:15 AM   #11
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
My service advisor always returns my calls if they go to voice mail. I have four cars serviced at this dealer, some old and requiring significant work. I always know what the status is. If the work stretches out another day, I always get a call.

BTW, an oil change will not make the ticking go away, assuming you have the L99.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:28 AM   #12
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Not crazy about the communication (or lack of), from my adviser either. I've learned to stop saying, (no big deal, its not my daily driver), and instead now demand service and completion in one day or else I want a loaner. I've also learned not to leave voicemail messages, as they dont get returned. I'll instead ask for anybody at the service dept (other then my advisor), and push for answers through them.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:43 AM   #13
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
I think everyone has provided good advice and feedback. I think what the op is dealing with is still unprofessional. I am dealing with a similar issue. If you tell me my car is ready in a day, I expect it to be ready or a phone call to give me a status. I didn't get neither, instead I have to drive to the dealer and figure out what's going on. The mentality is they have me a loaner and therefor they can take their time working on the car. I get that but don't commit to something when you can meet It. I understand some things are out of there control, just communicate with your customer. That's their job. You take my DD ZL1 and give me a cruze and expect me to not want to get my car back? lol. I also hate that the car sits in their lot for three days unworked (I see it on my way home). Could be in my garage till they are ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #14
HmBuilder2

Drives: 2014 RRM 2LT RS
I own 3 GM auto's a 2007 GMC 2500 HD PU, a 2009 Chevy 1500 PU and my 2014 Camaro. I take all 3 to the same dealer for service. Yesterday out of the blue my Service advisor calls just to let me know about the recall on my Camaro for the keys. She said it will take about 6 weeks to get them in but wanted to call and let me know she has ordered mine and she will follow up with me once they arrive. Talk about customer service. Every time I call her regarding something about any of my auto's she always takes my calls and get me the info I am asking about. I for one am very pleased with the service I get from my dealership. Now mind you it might be because I do personally know and have the General Manager's cell number as well as the Owner of the dealership. Oh and I have done remodel work on there homes so that may play into the service I get, But i'm not complaining. Service is still TOP NOTCH.
HmBuilder2 is offline   Reply With Quote